Rowlett, TX

Herfurth Elementary School 2

Posted March 08, 2015
Kindergarten was great. It wasn't until first grade that we became very unsatisfied with this school. First of all, the communication between the teachers and the principals is appalling. I cannot believe how poorly this school is run. This school is probably okay for below average students but offers very little for a student that excels. In fact your above average student has to sit by themselves and do computer time while the first part off the day is catered to below average students. My child started hating school in first grade! My child will not be going back and I would not recommend sending a child to this school.

Herfurth Elementary School 1

Posted January 21, 2015
If your child has a Special Education need.. DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD HERE to go through what my child went through! From day one we informed of our child being in Special Education and not being up to grade level for reading. We addressed this matter and asked that it be shared with her new Teachers. Well three days later, our child came home in tears, informing that their Reading Teacher made them read in front of the class. (That's one incident) Children started to laugh and bully my child after realizing the weakness which started altercations, my child became withdrawn, and this was only the FIRST WEEK OF SCHOOL! We informed of our child being in Special education at the previous school, and they said they did not offer "Those" services at Herfurth. We tried to switch schools but sad ending is that our child has to stay at Herfurth Elem. due to us being in a certain "Zone". It's shocking that the Special Education program that Herfurth claimed NOT to have, they now have. Also, I have sent repeated emails to our child's teachers and always copied the Assiststant Principal. My child's emotional status: feeling embarrassed, belittled, having nightmares, and feeling withdrawn.

Herfurth Elementary School 1

Posted May 24, 2011
I sent my daughter to this school because I though (based on what I had read here and what my daughter's daycare providers told me) that this was a great school and maybe it is, with a different teacher. Maybe we just ended up with a teacher who was tired of her job but the emotional abuse that my daughter endured was horrible. We tried to change classrooms but were denied so now that the year has ended we are changing schools. Any teacher who tells a student that "second grade will be too hard for you" does not deserve to be a teacher.

Herfurth Elementary School 4

Posted July 24, 2005
I feel that this school is a wonderful elementary school in the Rowlett area. The staff and students are diverse in culture and their abilities. It is in a prime area of Rowlett that has seen many years of growth. The turnover in staff is low and there is a continuing trend of return students year after year.

Herfurth Elementary School 5

Posted February 23, 2005
My child has a learning disability and attended another GISD school the 1st half of the year. I was able to get him moved to Herfurth. He has learned more and enjoyed going to school more than he ever has. Herfurth has been a life saver

Herfurth Elementary School

Posted September 28, 2004
My child is in afternoon kindergarten at Herfurth. I was very nervous sending him to public school even though he has attended a 'school' since he was a baby. Everything has gone extremely well since he started. When we attended the 'Meet the Teacher' night, I watched as many older students came by to see their old teacher and heard many parents tell me how lucky I was to have my child with this particular teacher. My child wants to stay at Herfurth all day and talks about his 'Big School' teacher all of the time!

Herfurth Elementary School
7500 Miller Road, Rowlett, TX  75088
Last modified Herfurth Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Herfurth Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top