Bad
Good

What a difference! Spent 2 years at Back Elem in Rowlett where it seems like old teachers go to wait out their days til retirement. Decided to try DORSEY and wow!! What a win! Positive environment, teachers who are excited to teach and creative in their methods. Drop off is a breeze as well as pick up!! It's clean, friendly and welcoming front office staff, which was another problem at the other school. Such a breath of fresh air and our daughter has made friends very easily here. I Keep doing it right Dorsey! Our family couldn't be more happy!

My daughter transferred from DISD earlier this year and she has been very happy and challenged. Everything from the Principal - Mrs. Chisolm to the administrative staff has been excellent. Everyone here has one goal- to provide a safe and enriching environment to facilitate our children's academic growth! The Principal sends out weekly phone messages to remind parents the highlights of the week. The PTA has several activities during the school year consisting of Fall Dance, Reading Night, and Turkey Trot. There is also heavy parental involvement. This is a great school! We have been blessed! Go WILDCATS!

Great School. Has excellent teachers and the principal is very involved in the school acitivites. Love the family feel of this school.

Great teachers. Great learning environment.

I have a Grandaughter here at Dorsey. Upon my first visit I was so amazed. I live in Little Rock Ar. I just had to come back and brag about your wonderful school. I work in the Little Rock School District now I see how much work we need to do. From the office to the playground is very impressive, now I print your test scores out and show it off. Keep up the good work and I thank God I have a Daughter that stay involved with my Grandaughters' progress and her Teachers there at Dorsey. I look forwards to returning soon. May God Bless. From a Grandparent that know how important education is .

I have a step-son who attends Dorsey. The looks great and the teachers and staff are always very friendly and helpful, but I just do not think that this school as reached its full potential. The test scores are O.K. but I feel like more should be and be done to make this school a wonderful learning institution for all grades.

Last modified Norma Dorsey Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.