Posted September 16, 2013
What a difference! Spent 2 years at Back Elem in Rowlett where it seems like old teachers go to wait out their days til retirement. Decided to try DORSEY and wow!! What a win! Positive environment, teachers who are excited to teach and creative in their methods. Drop off is a breeze as well as pick up!! It's clean, friendly and welcoming front office staff, which was another problem at the other school. Such a breath of fresh air and our daughter has made friends very easily here. I Keep doing it right Dorsey! Our family couldn't be more happy!

Posted December 19, 2011
My daughter transferred from DISD earlier this year and she has been very happy and challenged. Everything from the Principal - Mrs. Chisolm to the administrative staff has been excellent. Everyone here has one goal- to provide a safe and enriching environment to facilitate our children's academic growth! The Principal sends out weekly phone messages to remind parents the highlights of the week. The PTA has several activities during the school year consisting of Fall Dance, Reading Night, and Turkey Trot. There is also heavy parental involvement. This is a great school! We have been blessed! Go WILDCATS!

Posted May 25, 2010
Great School. Has excellent teachers and the principal is very involved in the school acitivites. Love the family feel of this school.

Posted August 12, 2009
Great teachers. Great learning environment.

Posted October 05, 2008
I have a Grandaughter here at Dorsey. Upon my first visit I was so amazed. I live in Little Rock Ar. I just had to come back and brag about your wonderful school. I work in the Little Rock School District now I see how much work we need to do. From the office to the playground is very impressive, now I print your test scores out and show it off. Keep up the good work and I thank God I have a Daughter that stay involved with my Grandaughters' progress and her Teachers there at Dorsey. I look forwards to returning soon. May God Bless. From a Grandparent that know how important education is .

Norma Dorsey Elementary School 3

Posted March 06, 2007
I have a step-son who attends Dorsey. The looks great and the teachers and staff are always very friendly and helpful, but I just do not think that this school as reached its full potential. The test scores are O.K. but I feel like more should be and be done to make this school a wonderful learning institution for all grades.

Posted November 29, 2005
I have had 3 children attend Dorsey and we have been very pleased with the school.

Posted August 27, 2005

Posted March 01, 2005

Norma Dorsey Elementary School 2

Posted November 11, 2004

Norma Dorsey Elementary School
6200 Dexham Road, Rowlett, TX  75089
Last modified Norma Dorsey Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Norma Dorsey Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top