Rowlett, TX

Posted March 22, 2015
I've never been to this school, technically. But, if I had, I would give it 5 stars because it would've been better than the god awful school called Nita Pearson Elementary School.

Posted March 03, 2015
I am sad to say that we were deeply disappointed and outraged by the faculty and the administration s behavior. My son was academically advanced when we enrolled him at this school, but after countless worksheets that did not challenge him academically. I have to report that he hasn t grown academically since attending. I over- heard a few parents talking about the bullying behavior toward the minority employees exhibited by the other faculty members that s enforced by the administration. I did notice that the school only employed a handful of minority teachers, but I had no idea. I did discuss the situation with my husband and we have decided to home school our son the remainder of the school year. Our biggest concern was if our son had been exposed to this ignorance. If the behavior toward the minority employees is racially motivated the school district and the parents of the student body has a bigger problem than we do.

Posted February 02, 2015
Completely agree with reviews concerning rudeness from staff. Toured this school because of "choice" school in Garland. Front office greeting unfriendly & gossiping about fellow co-worker at school. Finally counselor greets us begins tour. Coffee mug in her hand going through the motions. Didn't engage my child or seem to have any information concerning school academic wise. Lunch room food shouldn't be the biggest thing she had to tell us. I had to probe for questions/answers from her. All she would say is refer to Garland ISD website for answers. Wow. Once she found out we weren't from "neighborhood" she gave me every negative reason on going there. Teachers along the way we saw- never smiled- not even a friendly nod of head. I have toured other schools in Garland & this one was the only one who was unfriendly. She did say they will have a new principal & assistant principal for next year- hopefully this will shake things up here!

Posted November 20, 2014
Completely agree with the rating from November 3rd, 2013. This school is not what it's made out to be. The principals and administration dismiss concerns of parents. The office staff is the rudest group of people I have ever met. The lunch room is a nightmare. The lunch monitors constantly yell at the kids, put them on silence. This yelling and behavior plan doesn't change the noise level. I have complained for four years about the lunch room and NOTHING has changed. The principals simply don't care. They are quitting in the middle of the year to retire at the same time. You get the sense that the teachers are just there riding out their time until they can retire. Most are old and grouchy. There are a select few that don't fit in this category, but the majority do. I REGRET keeping my kids here to stay with friends. Keeley has taken my kids who were grade levels ahead of other students when starting in first grade and taken them down to average performance. I regret sending my kids to this school. We plan on moving as soon as we can to get away from GISD.

Posted May 13, 2014
In keeley theirs a class called l.i.f.e with kids with special needs. Its a really exalent class.The teachers are great & very attentive And are great with their students, they are very nice.I truly love this school.

Keeley Elementary School 2

Posted November 02, 2013
This school has a really good rating among a few selected parents. The teachers are nice, but they lack the drive that it takes to reach today s youth. This school is still operating under the outdated educational mindset that died out in the early 90 s. The teachers are great when it comes to teaching students that are on grade level are above, but lack the drive to actually teach and reach a student that s below grade level. If your child is on target this is the school for you, but if you feel that your child needs a little extra. You should keep looking. The teachers pretty much control the school. The administration on this campus is pretty much puppets when it comes to their staff. I truly feel that Keeley does have a bright future moving forward, but under new leadership. The school district has pretty much turned a blind eye to the mayhem that takes place on this campus despite the countless parent complaints.

Posted September 17, 2013
Keeley is definitely a wonderful school. The teachers and staff go over and beyond for their students. Keeley has always had a great reputation and continues to get better every year. Their pta is outstanding.

Keeley Elementary School 3

Posted August 05, 2013
Keeley has some great teachers but it is lacking in leadership. It is time for a breath of fresh air to be blown in the halls of this school, starting in the front office.

Posted August 05, 2013
I've had 3 children come through this wonderful school! With a great staff & fantastic teachers, you can't go wrong making this your school of choice!

Keeley Elementary School 4

Posted August 04, 2013
Keeley Elementary has been in existence since 1991. Many of the teachers as well as the administration has been on board since inception. Keeley is part of the Garland ISD, which is a school of choice district. Many of the students and families attend Keeley by choice - because of it being one of the highest rated elementary schools in the area - (rated by Great Schools as well as the school district itself rating it exemplary) It has an active PTA and appreciative faculty and staff.

Keeley Elementary School
6700 Liberty Grove Road, Rowlett, TX  75089
Last modified Keeley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Keeley Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top