Rowlett Christian Academy

Private | 2-12

Student diversity

Living in Rowlett

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $131,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,110.

Sweep tile

Posted September 12, 2006

RCA is a school on the up and up. The school has made positive changes in the K4 program since last year. Gone are the unchristian and negative attitudes and they have been replaced by a caring and loving staff. My child is thriving academically, spiritually, and socially. We love the staff and administration! I would encourage any parent who wants to invest the best for their child, to send their child to RCA

Posted September 7, 2006

RCA is my child's home away from home. I have a hard time making my child leave each day. Kids are always hanging out in the gym. Teachers are kind and helpful. They are willing to go the extra mile to help a student. I am glad I chose RCA for my children.

Posted May 5, 2006

I'm sorry but rca is not a good school , its not a christian place its all about the money as soon as you let them know something to help the school they take the wrong way and treat you wrong it they do that to the parents then I hate to see what they do the children thats why I took my children out of the school. art, p.e. is a joke the person that they have doing doesnt know what she doing at all. They have mole in the classrooms, and mice its not a very clean place for kids , theres so much ,all I can say is look around before you put your kids there, I'm being very honest about this I use to be a teacher there and believe I saw alot .
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted April 22, 2005

I am very pleased with Rowlett Christian Academy. My child has attended RCA for 3 years and we have enjoyed everything about RCA: fine art activities, sports, chapel, classroom time. The staff has always been supportive and willing to help my family. RCA has definitely been a blessing.

Posted April 22, 2005

This is the worst school I have ever attended, and I have been to a few. Not that this was the weakest school of a good group, but this school was DISMAL. The Academics are laughable, anyone, and I mean anyone who goes here will not be challenged, and will be taught by uncaring teachers. There is NO art department, terrible music department, and the extracurriculars are non-existent. Pretty much the only thing you can do after school is play football or baseball, and last year they didn't have a baseball team because of not enough participation. Awful, awful school. I can't urge you enough to steer clear from this school, don't even consider it.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted January 30, 2005

Terrible, terrible school. I'm not going to waste my time writing the drawn-out description of this school, but do not send your children here. Please.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted January 14, 2005

Sports program excellent. Staff is wonderful and caring. When I pick up my child, there are always children just hanging out. They love being here. Music program is great. Academics are top notch.

Posted December 15, 2004

This is such a good school! I am also very apolled that anyone can give such a negative comment. This school has very good academic values and handles their students whith christian compassion! Don't listen to such a cruel review. I would strongly reccomend this school to anybody. God bless everybody!

Posted October 29, 2004

My child has attended RCA for 4 years now and each year just gets worse. The lack of discipline has gotten out of hand. It is very selective, especially if you are a child of a teacher/coach. RCA has the reputation of 'if you can't make it in public school come here'. I believe discipline should start at home and several of the parents at RCA need to try that method. If your child does wrong they have to suffer the consequences. And the parents need to back that decission not retaliate against the teachers.

Posted October 6, 2004

My child has attended RCA for 10 years and will graduate with honors this year. My child has received an excellent education at RCA. My child has participated in extra-curricular activities for the past 10 years - choir, band, football, baseball, basketball, plays, musicals and many other activities that has added to and enriched his life. The teachers have been EXCELLENT and taught my child with excellence while loving and giving correction with Christian compassion. The Administration has bent over backwards to help and assist me and my child whenever the need has arisen. The staff balances love and mercy with discipline and correction. I could not have found a better place for my child to receive an education or a foundation for christian principles and character. I am very glad my child has been at RCA and we will miss it after graduation.

Posted August 17, 2004

My child is currently attending Rowlett Christian Academy. The school has a friendly atmosphere and the teachers are great. However, the school administration appears to be unorganized. The field trips I have attended always felt unorganize and left late. The one overnight choir conference I attended, We arrived over two hours late. I felt misled when I registered regarding the elective courses available. There is Art, Choir or Music, and computer, that is the same this year. The only extracurricular activities I know of are sports, sports, sports and cheering. My child was diagnosed with Dyslexia, so I met with the Principle to assure that RCA would work with my child. So far, they have failed to provide me with a list of textbooks before the start of school so I could order books on tape. The first assigments were not modified for dyslexia. I am frustrated with the administration.

Posted July 29, 2004

I am appalled that someone posted such a negative review about RCA. I am a parent of 3 students that graduated from RCA. Two of the three graduated with honors. All three recieved an excellent education and made lifelong friends. They are all doing very well in their lives at this time. They could not have done this well without having received a high quality education. Not only did they receive an education they learned alot about what is right and wrong and how to make good decisions. They recieved spiritual guidance that will lead them for the rest of their lives. Not for one moment have I regretted the decision to send my children to RCA.

Posted May 19, 2004

High School students are out of control - drugs, gossip, etc. My child went to RCA for 3 years and I certainly would not recommend any child to go there from grades 8-12!! Staff/Teachers do have a pretty good extracurricular program, too wish/washy on discipline. Parent involvement is good for K-6, but not the high school. School just seems to be very unorganized. Child is now in another private school and just loves it! Good Luck to all!

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Assemblies of God
Associations
  • ACTS

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious