No rating

Rowlett Christian Academy

Private | 2-12

Student diversity

Living in Rowlett

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $131,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,110.

In the know: Get our expert advice on schools

No articles are available

Posted August 27, 2012

We have Just started this year at AAR. Everything we have seen and experienced with this school is great. All the teachers and staff ate so helpful and you can sense the love they have for children. Looking forward t to working with them this year!

Posted August 12, 2011

When we first started here, they were in their second year as a charter and I was impressed but sadly it has gotten worse from there. As much as we parents hate projects, they literally having nothing for the kids to do all year. i know of some schools that over project their kids but don't worry AAR is not one of them. The administration is very rude and since they are all connected heavily to the church, if you go to their church they love you. They are overly concerned with TAKS, are extremely disorganized and I truly feel that a lot of their teachers are unqualified for their positions. Their website claims that the teachers are 'exceptionally qualified" but that is not true. they have no PTA because the principal doesn't seem to want parents involved at the school unless it is a superficial event like a Thanksgiving lunch with your kid. They harped at us all year about getting involved but if you wanted to do something that they hadn't mplanned, you were basically treated like a villian./ We aren't going back next year and I wish we'd gotten out sooner. warning to all...find another school

Posted June 15, 2011

I have had experience with private schools, public schools and charter schools. I have seen effective, well run schools in all three categories. I am sorry to say AAR is not one of these. They had no supplies for teachers. They had no teacher support. They had no idea what to do with at risk students. They offered MTA yet the teacher was not experienced in teaching reading to general ed and certainly not experienced in teaching MTA. The teachers were very clickish. The administration was disorganized. The Rowlett campus had two principals the year I was there. I only had my child in the school one semester so she did not get behind. I love the charter school I am now at. It is excellent. So other teachers and parents should look around for the best fit. There are too many places to choose from to settle for mediocracy.

Posted May 20, 2011

A continuance of my last mssg. Becasue I addressed the issues cocerning my children ..I noticed the principal never spoke to me again..along with the rest of the staff. I tried to email principal about an issue at the school and she had someone else call me. Very unprofessional. I can't beleive staff acted the way they did. As if our children aren't important to us!!!! On a brighter note Mr.C was very helpful, professional and caring. Ms. Hancock was GREAT!! that lady had a smile on her face everyday ,was very helpful and caring .

Posted June 6, 2010

I am a student at AAR, I have been attending this school for three years and think it's a great school! I started here when it became a charter school. This school wasn't so good its first year but as time went on it got ALOT better! I really think that if you are looking for a school who has teachers that care about you, you need to go here or send your children here. :)

Posted April 5, 2010

My son has attended AAR since its first year as a charter school. YES, the first year and a half was bumpy, rocky, and even downright excruciating at times. BUT, they seemed to have gotten things together and hired the best principal they could find. The teachers and support staff are amazing! My son started this school an above average student, and has remained that way for the last three years at AAR. It is a great environment where children learn but also are loved and nurtured. Teachers are not quick to rush out in the afternoon to tend to their own lives, but dedicate hours every week ( and a lot of weekends for TAKS prep) to doing their job in the best possible manner. I absolutely love my son's 5th grade teacher, and thank God that he has her.

Posted August 10, 2009

Since my grandson has been attending school at advantage he is much happier with the environment and the abeka system used to get him reading which is rewarding.

Posted November 19, 2008

I am a grandparent of a student. I am very concerned that the reviews I have read, from 2005-Present, accurately reflect my children's current concerns. We have complaints of administration failures, disorganization, lack of disipline and control, favoritism, lack of school activities, and acedemic dificiencies. The most well composed and grammatically correct comments I read this evening came from students who strongly discouraged attendance. I was concerned also when reading the comments of a former teacher, who wrote in phrases and broken thoughts. When my grandchild enrolled in this school, 2005-2006, their test scores were well above the specified grade level. Today we are working with a child who is two grade levels behind. From reading the comments I can testify that our experience with this administration and staff confirms a prevailing indifference, if not incompetence. I will continue to discourage my children's further participation.

Posted October 15, 2008

This is my my daughters second year at this school. Last year I truly thought this was the greatest school and I was bragging about this school any chance I got. Now.... I am very disappointed, each day it seems to go more and more down hill. Don't get me wrong t he teachers I have come into contact with seen to be amazing but some of the staff and the principle are horrible, sadly enough this will be my childs last year at this school, if I wanted the crappy public school environment then I would put her back in public school and save myself the drive!

Posted September 24, 2008

If you have not checked out Advantage Academy in Rowlett, then you are truly missing the 'best kept secret' in Rowlett. I am privileged each and every day to work with a terrific team of teachers and a very experienced principal. Our students are very 'teachable' which makes our job even more of a blessing!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted January 12, 2008

this school was an excellent school! i loved it with all my heart even though it is onw a charter school i still love it! all the teachers are wonderful and spors are awesome we were kicking butt in bball this year anyways i love rowlett christian academy!

Posted January 12, 2008

Jeeez this is an amazing school, i dont care what anybody says...I've never been to another school like it,everybody there is so caring and awesome....I make all A's and B's b/c i have GREAT teachers who put their hardest work into our education. Seriously..it takes a lot of hard work for everything they do for us. Especially Pastor Brian and Mrs.Lisa Hiatt. They put EVERYTHING they have into that school and care about us all very much, and they give the perfect amount of disipline to us. I've ben disaplined by them before and they get really serious,but i know they do it cause they love us. Its an AMAZING school!!!...i love everybody there so much!!

Posted October 30, 2007

I would have to say this is not the best school(although not the worst) I've been to. Most academics, sports, and extracurriculars are below average, and though most teachers are good, there are some who do not care about the students' education. The administration is unorganized, and their disciplinary procedures confound me- some kids are punished harshly for minor things, and there are some who continually get off the hook when they have been a major problem. They have no choral program, which disappointed me, and when I tried to form one it seemed the music teacher was always much too busy. There is no climate of religious or social tolerance here, even though it was recently changed to a charter school- Advantage Academy of Rowlett. To conclude I just have to say that I am looking at other schools to get my high school education from.

Posted September 17, 2007

R.C.A. Is the best private school i've ever been around. I know for a fact that the administration has and will bend over backwards to help no matter what the case may be. My daughters have gotten an excellent education there.Sports program is great. Teachers are excellent. Couldn't ask or find a better school for my kids.I am up there all the time and have never heard of or seen any drugs or drug activity.
—Submitted by a staff

Posted September 11, 2007

Discipline is too strict for elementary age kids. The kids need to be kids.

Posted January 16, 2007

My girls have been with this school for years, we did leave to give them a 'taste' of public school, and that was a mistake, we are back and we could not ask for a better school, my girls have changed so much after coming back to RCA, they are a joy to be with, I thank the staff for their Godly Leadership in this school, Way to go RCA! Keep up the good work!

Posted November 27, 2006

RCA is a wonderful school for elementary aged children. The high school is average, but the atmosphere is one of a loving and caring Christian foundation...I graduated from RCA and would definitely enroll my children in the elementary classes...
—Submitted by a former student

Posted November 27, 2006

This school is clean and meets quality, high standards of licensing by the state...The staff love and care for children and though the staff is somewhat unorganized due to recent changes...The overall feel of the school is one of care, compassion and education...
—Submitted by a staff

Posted November 18, 2006

Danger, danger Will Robinson! This school was terrible. I went as an eighth grader from October to Christmas break. I couldn't even last 3 months! The students were undisciplined, the administration had no accountability, the academics were poor and I was tortured emotionally. There are a few good kids, as well, but they don't last long. To sum it all up, I was talking with a friend who attended the two years before I did. I said, 'I had a horrible time at that school.' to which she replied, 'We all did.'
—Submitted by a former student

Posted September 16, 2006

Rca Is a school with great Christain teachers and staff. It is a loving atmosphere. My child has been there for several years and I would not think of putting her anywhere else. If you want aplace for your child to excel academically, grow in Christain character,and have loving and caring teachers then RCA is a good choicefor you.

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Assemblies of God
Associations
  • ACTS

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious