Posted September 23, 2014
THIS SCHOOL IS JOKE.My son is 6 yrs old.Teacher was yelling at him,and she said she just talk loud.Kids at 6 yrs old know ,if you loud or yelling at them.She start bulling him EVERY day ...Don't tell your mommy in front 23 kids.As mother,woman and teacher I cant belive that 47yrs old goes that far against 6 yr old.My life is nightmare child cries from 5 to 7 am,and from 9 pm till goes to sleep.Please pay attention and talk to your kids.

Posted February 03, 2014
UNSURE HOW THIS SCHOOL IS RATED A 9 OUT OF 10! This school is a joke. Huge turnover - teachers seem unhappy. They DO NOT WELCOME VOLUNTEERS. They expect you to stop with the questions when they give you answers. The Principal and Vice Principal are not involved and like to respond before you can express your thoughts. We live in a very nice, higher income area and would think we would have an exceptional school. Looks are deceiving. Poorly ran school, wish we never moved here. I rate this school a -3. And it's obvious they do not care enough to read what the tax payers area saying.. WHY DONT THEY READ THESE- there is no reply or no change at the school. Very sad. Unsure why education was chosen as their profession. YOU ALL CAN MAKE SOMETHING GREAT OUT OF THIS SCHOOL-- WHY NOT TRY TO MAKE THIS SCHOOL BE THE SCHOOL THAT EVERYONE IS TRYING TO GET IN BECAUSE IT IS THE BEST,... not attend because it is convenient and rated as mediocre. COME ON PRINCIPAL AND VICE PRINCIPAL TAKE THIS SCHOOL INTO A NEW DIRECTION MAKE IT UNIQUE, GREAT, FUN AND A SCHOOL THAT EVERYONE IS PUTTING DOWN AS THEIR CHOICE OF SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT STARTS WITH YOU!

Steadham Elementary School 2

Posted January 10, 2014
New principal is not nearly as engaged as previous...huge turnover with teachers with many of the new teachers stepping in not demonstrating the same level of qualification as last year's. Am selling and moving due to the influx of what seems to be subpar teachers and administrators.

Posted October 06, 2013
Teachers seem to yell a lot. They do not welcome volunteers. The teachers do not seem enthused to be there. Atmosphere does seem better then last year, being that there is a new Principal. However unfortunately the same Vice Principal from last year is still there. I get the feeling they do not like questions or maybe they expect for you to accept their answers. Teachers seem to be overworked. Art class is not given at all which is weird. I would rate this school as average. Nothing "great" about it, just "average" and "will have to do" if you live in the neighbor hood and have no alternate transportation for kids to go to another school. Keep in mind GISD is open campus, kids can go to any school. Unfortunately for me, I am a single parent and do not have that luxury of getting my kids to another school, which I would most definitely prefer.

Posted September 26, 2013
Very dissatisfied with this school and the leadership. The Vice Principal is unwilling to listen and quick to respond with her answers. The Principal is new this year, seems to follow along with what the Vice Principal says. Average teachers. School does not do much of anything to get the kids motivated and excited about learning. If your child is an average/honor roll student, they will be okay... and I do mean just okay... don't set expectations high. Kids in need of assistance get the bare minimum, if any. However get ready to be a strong advocate for your child because you WILL run into road blocks at every corner. You have to justify why your child needs something while listening to how wrong you are. Be sure to ask a lot of questions and get ready for a lot of unwelcomed responses. There is NOTHING about this school that is more the mediocre.

Posted August 11, 2013
My school is the best good teacher and a awesome staff. They care about the kids very much.

Steadham Elementary School 5

Posted May 13, 2013
My son started here in 1st grade and has had amazing teachers that work with him to make him not only a better student but a better person. Wonderful teachers!

Steadham Elementary School 4

Posted May 16, 2008
I have a second grader at Steadham and we love it! The teachers are wonderful!!

Steadham Elementary School 2

Posted May 15, 2008
My son has gone to Steadham for 4 years now and the school has just gone down hill. There was such a turnover last year and the principle doesn't seem to be in the swing of things. I had an incident with my son this year and i had to deal with the Assistant Principal who was Awesome. Never once did the principal step in or say anything.

Steadham Elementary School 0

Posted May 05, 2008
I have 3 children. All with different levels of intelligence and different learning abilities. Steadham has been attentive to the needs of my average child. Not as attentive to the needs of the more gifted children. That would be my only complaint. The office staff is very busy. I agree with the parent that posted below. One more thing..being familiar with my children and the teachers at the school, I would like for the principal to be more open to requests by the parents for certain teachers. I feel that an ATTENTIVE parent knows best. Overall, GREAT school, GREAT teachers and staff.

Steadham Elementary School
6200 Danridge Road, Rowlett, TX  75089
Last modified Steadham Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Steadham Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top