Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 23, 2016
I would like to thank Mrs Lane 3rd grade teacher. My grandaughter has Mrs Lane and enjoys her class so much. All I hear is how much fun it is to learn in Mrs Lanes class . How much fun she makes learning. Not only does Mrs Lane show such devotion in teaching but she is genuinely devoted. Mrs Lane always let's us know what is needed for a good day. Always keeps us informed with emails or text. Even when we had the tornado Mrs Lane text us to make sure everyone was alright. Mrs Lane always goes out of her way even with a family of her own and teaching. I want to thank Mrs Lane for being such a positive influence on my grandaughter. I have meet many of teachers over my years with my children and Mrs Lane stands out as an amazing person and teacher. Thank you for all you do Mrs. Lane

Posted March 21, 2015
My son absolutely loves this school!!! He is what is called "twice exceptional" which means that he has special needs, but is also gifted. This was the ONLY school equipped to help him in Kindergarten because they have something called the "ABC" Kinder program with the BEST teacher on the planet. My son is now in 1st grade, and again has a fabulous teacher who cares about all of her students and challenges them to do well. I also love the assistant principal who is one of the coolest guys and fantastic at his job; he is VERY involved with the student programs! The PTA is also great at this school and is very involved. I also love the Librarian, because she gets to know the students and they have a truly exceptional library at this school! My son may get into one of the magnet schools next year, but if he doesn't I won't be sad at all to stay at Pearson. I could not have asked for a better experience for him!

Nita Pearson Elementary School 1

Posted March 08, 2015
I used to go to school here from Kindergarten to 5th grade and I can tell you that it was bad. My teachers didn't help me much about the bullying that was happening to me. Not only that, but most of the teachers I had (except for two) were very rude! Whatever you do, DO NOT GIVE THIS SCHOOL A GOOD REVIEW! Its better if you don't because this school doesn't deserve it.

Nita Pearson Elementary School 1

Posted April 03, 2013
This school is unfortunately going downhill. Students in the older grades seem to get more and more rude and disrespectful towards parents and teachers! They're cursing teachers and teachers do nothing to discipline the students. If your child is absent for a terrible illness, be prepared to get the cold sholder from all teachers. No welcome back, hope you're feeling better or even help catching your child up on missed work. A child could be throwing up in class and this school will send them to the RR and right back to class infecting every other student around them. They will do anything to prevent an absence!! My children have attended this school since K and are now in their 5th year and I will never send another child to this school. Another thing parents should be aware of is the behavior of some 5th grade teachers. To me, it's shocking this teacher is still at this school. She threatens students of hurting them even flicking them in the head if they aren't "sitting' properly in an assembly! This teacher has been reported but do the behaviors stop, not at all! And ladies, be prepared for certain teachers to make passes at your husbands! I'm sad to say this school is a mess!

Posted February 25, 2011
Good school. My kg is very happy there. I do find some of the office staff a little rude at times. I am a little disappointed with the counselor. I had her talk to my child after he had a major melt down in class one day. I never hear back from her except for a printout showing ways to calm down. It would have been nice to get an email, letter, or call.

Posted August 07, 2010
Pearson is a great place to be a part of. The principal and entire staff is awesome. We have so many great parent and the PTA does a great job at keeping us involved. We have been at Pearson for 4 years and haven't had a bad year yet! Thanks to all of the teachers for working so hard to be kind and helpful and giving your best effort to our children!

Posted October 11, 2009
I love this school. Her teachers have been fantastic and she has learned so much. Both the school P.T.A. and teachers keep me well informed on what is happening in the school and what my child is learning and will learn, so that I as a parent can help my child along with her lessons. Everyone is super involved in creating a top notch learning community. Thank you to all the staff and support staff.

Posted October 06, 2009
Fabulous! both my daughters have been in Pearson since kinder and they are now in 3rd and 4th grades. We have nothing but positive things to say about the school.

Posted September 30, 2009
I love the staff in Nita, my son is very happy to go there and also has improved a lot in a lot of areas.

Posted July 09, 2009
This is a good school but could be better. The principal and assistant principal are great and there are many good teachers but I agree the office & cafeteria staff could use some lessons in mannerism towards both parents and the students. The school is clean and the teachers are working hard to make it a great school which I really like. The standardized dress has been really nice and makes mornings much easier and my child loves getting to wear regular clothes on Friday. My child had Mrs.Forbes (1st grade) this past year and really learned a lot in her class. She's a great teacher and very devoted to her class. Thanks for a great year Mrs.Forbes!

5201 Nita Pearson Dr, Rowlett, TX  75088-8911
Last modified Nita Pearson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.