PK|Private

Bad
Good

We have Just started this year at AAR. Everything we have seen and experienced with this school is great. All the teachers and staff ate so helpful and you can sense the love they have for children. Looking forward t to working with them this year!

When we first started here, they were in their second year as a charter and I was impressed but sadly it has gotten worse from there. As much as we parents hate projects, they literally having nothing for the kids to do all year. i know of some schools that over project their kids but don't worry AAR is not one of them. The administration is very rude and since they are all connected heavily to the church, if you go to their church they love you. They are overly concerned with TAKS, are extremely disorganized and I truly feel that a lot of their teachers are unqualified for their positions. Their website claims that the teachers are 'exceptionally qualified" but that is not true. they have no PTA because the principal doesn't seem to want parents involved at the school unless it is a superficial event like a Thanksgiving lunch with your kid. They harped at us all year about getting involved but if you wanted to do something that they hadn't mplanned, you were basically treated like a villian./ We aren't going back next year and I wish we'd gotten out sooner. warning to all...find another school

I have had experience with private schools, public schools and charter schools. I have seen effective, well run schools in all three categories. I am sorry to say AAR is not one of these. They had no supplies for teachers. They had no teacher support. They had no idea what to do with at risk students. They offered MTA yet the teacher was not experienced in teaching reading to general ed and certainly not experienced in teaching MTA. The teachers were very clickish. The administration was disorganized. The Rowlett campus had two principals the year I was there. I only had my child in the school one semester so she did not get behind. I love the charter school I am now at. It is excellent. So other teachers and parents should look around for the best fit. There are too many places to choose from to settle for mediocracy.

A continuance of my last mssg. Becasue I addressed the issues cocerning my children ..I noticed the principal never spoke to me again..along with the rest of the staff. I tried to email principal about an issue at the school and she had someone else call me. Very unprofessional. I can't beleive staff acted the way they did. As if our children aren't important to us!!!! On a brighter note Mr.C was very helpful, professional and caring. Ms. Hancock was GREAT!! that lady had a smile on her face everyday ,was very helpful and caring .

I am a student at AAR, I have been attending this school for three years and think it's a great school! I started here when it became a charter school. This school wasn't so good its first year but as time went on it got ALOT better! I really think that if you are looking for a school who has teachers that care about you, you need to go here or send your children here. :)

My son has attended AAR since its first year as a charter school. YES, the first year and a half was bumpy, rocky, and even downright excruciating at times. BUT, they seemed to have gotten things together and hired the best principal they could find. The teachers and support staff are amazing! My son started this school an above average student, and has remained that way for the last three years at AAR. It is a great environment where children learn but also are loved and nurtured. Teachers are not quick to rush out in the afternoon to tend to their own lives, but dedicate hours every week ( and a lot of weekends for TAKS prep) to doing their job in the best possible manner. I absolutely love my son's 5th grade teacher, and thank God that he has her.

Since my grandson has been attending school at advantage he is much happier with the environment and the abeka system used to get him reading which is rewarding.

I am a grandparent of a student. I am very concerned that the reviews I have read, from 2005-Present, accurately reflect my children's current concerns. We have complaints of administration failures, disorganization, lack of disipline and control, favoritism, lack of school activities, and acedemic dificiencies. The most well composed and grammatically correct comments I read this evening came from students who strongly discouraged attendance. I was concerned also when reading the comments of a former teacher, who wrote in phrases and broken thoughts. When my grandchild enrolled in this school, 2005-2006, their test scores were well above the specified grade level. Today we are working with a child who is two grade levels behind. From reading the comments I can testify that our experience with this administration and staff confirms a prevailing indifference, if not incompetence. I will continue to discourage my children's further participation.

This is my my daughters second year at this school. Last year I truly thought this was the greatest school and I was bragging about this school any chance I got. Now.... I am very disappointed, each day it seems to go more and more down hill. Don't get me wrong t he teachers I have come into contact with seen to be amazing but some of the staff and the principle are horrible, sadly enough this will be my childs last year at this school, if I wanted the crappy public school environment then I would put her back in public school and save myself the drive!

If you have not checked out Advantage Academy in Rowlett, then you are truly missing the 'best kept secret' in Rowlett. I am privileged each and every day to work with a terrific team of teachers and a very experienced principal. Our students are very 'teachable' which makes our job even more of a blessing!

Last modified Rowlett Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grade PK