Royse City, TX
Before care: Yes

Miss May Vernon Elementary School 4

Posted March 24, 2014
As previously stated by other posters, the principal can be overbearing. However, the teachers here are, for the most part, top-notch individuals who cherish my son as if he were one of their own. My child's teachers are almost always available at the drop of a hat for an email or a phone call. I've never felt unwelcome and am encouraged to attend as much as I can.

Posted March 02, 2014
Im very happy with the 4th grade teachers. They have helped my son tremendously in reading and writing.

Miss May Vernon Elementary School 1

Posted January 15, 2014
I am glad to see some parents are finally beginning to speak out. This could be a great school. We have had good experiences with most of teachers at this school. A school will always take on the personality of its administration.. If you have a negative attitude, so will your staff. So much for good ethics. I would not advise anyone to move in this school district. This needs to change.

Miss May Vernon Elementary School 3

Posted December 04, 2013
The principal here is rude as another person previously said. She should be fired immediately! She has no self control if she gets the slightest bit annoyed. She will yell at parents in front of children for the smallest of things. She is a hotheaded principal, and I am sure that most people do not want their kids looking up to a leader figure with her kind of attitude. On a positive note, my daughter loves this school, and every teacher she has had over the past 3 years have been excellent. I would have given the school a 5 star rating if they would just get rid of the principal.

Posted December 03, 2013
My son is in his second year at Miss May Vernon and so far we love it. The teachers we have interacted with have been kind and caring but also have high expectations (as it should be!). It seems like the teachers and staff really make it a point to get to know all of the students. This school also has an awesome Gifted and Talented program, led by a GT specialist teacher. I have been very pleased with the quality of my son's education and would highly recommend Miss May Vernon for any potential future students/parents moving to the Fate area.

Posted July 31, 2013
Miss May Vernon is AWESOME!!! I can't ask for a better staff teaching our kids. They treat my son how I would treat him and use kindness and love in their classroom and school. I am thankful everyday for the time that the whole staff puts into preparing for our kids. I am have subbed, volunteered and I am on the PTO board. I LOVE EVERY mintute i get to spend at Miss May Vernon and look forward to the new year!!!!! I know i dont say it enough but THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

Miss May Vernon Elementary School 2

Posted May 23, 2013
Principal here is extremely rude & disrespectful! She aggressively yelled at me for a senseless reason in front of her staff and students. Anyone with authority whom finds delight in belittling people shouldn't be in charge! I hope this woman gets her act together or I'll be seeing with the school board!

Posted May 12, 2011
I have had 2 children go thru May Vernon and have had not one complaint. My youngest is now moving on to Herndon (another great school). The teachers and staff are truly incredible folks. If you are thinking if moving to Royse City/Fate this is the area to be in.

Posted February 22, 2010

Miss May Vernon Elementary School 0

Posted October 21, 2009
Miss May Vernon is an outstanding Elementary school with a rating of Exemplary. Our entire family loves being involved in school functions. I am proud of the students and teaching personnel at Miss May Vernon Elementary.

Miss May Vernon Elementary School
P O Box 479, Royse City, TX  75132
Last modified Miss May Vernon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Miss May Vernon Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top