Bad
Good

As previously stated by other posters, the principal can be overbearing. However, the teachers here are, for the most part, top-notch individuals who cherish my son as if he were one of their own. My child's teachers are almost always available at the drop of a hat for an email or a phone call. I've never felt unwelcome and am encouraged to attend as much as I can.

Im very happy with the 4th grade teachers. They have helped my son tremendously in reading and writing.

I am glad to see some parents are finally beginning to speak out. This could be a great school. We have had good experiences with most of teachers at this school. A school will always take on the personality of its administration.. If you have a negative attitude, so will your staff. So much for good ethics. I would not advise anyone to move in this school district. This needs to change.

The principal here is rude as another person previously said. She should be fired immediately! She has no self control if she gets the slightest bit annoyed. She will yell at parents in front of children for the smallest of things. She is a hotheaded principal, and I am sure that most people do not want their kids looking up to a leader figure with her kind of attitude. On a positive note, my daughter loves this school, and every teacher she has had over the past 3 years have been excellent. I would have given the school a 5 star rating if they would just get rid of the principal.

My son is in his second year at Miss May Vernon and so far we love it. The teachers we have interacted with have been kind and caring but also have high expectations (as it should be!). It seems like the teachers and staff really make it a point to get to know all of the students. This school also has an awesome Gifted and Talented program, led by a GT specialist teacher. I have been very pleased with the quality of my son's education and would highly recommend Miss May Vernon for any potential future students/parents moving to the Fate area.

Miss May Vernon is AWESOME!!! I can't ask for a better staff teaching our kids. They treat my son how I would treat him and use kindness and love in their classroom and school. I am thankful everyday for the time that the whole staff puts into preparing for our kids. I am have subbed, volunteered and I am on the PTO board. I LOVE EVERY mintute i get to spend at Miss May Vernon and look forward to the new year!!!!! I know i dont say it enough but THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

Principal here is extremely rude & disrespectful! She aggressively yelled at me for a senseless reason in front of her staff and students. Anyone with authority whom finds delight in belittling people shouldn't be in charge! I hope this woman gets her act together or I'll be seeing with the school board!

I have had 2 children go thru May Vernon and have had not one complaint. My youngest is now moving on to Herndon (another great school). The teachers and staff are truly incredible folks. If you are thinking if moving to Royse City/Fate this is the area to be in.

Miss May Vernon is an outstanding Elementary school with a rating of Exemplary. Our entire family loves being involved in school functions. I am proud of the students and teaching personnel at Miss May Vernon Elementary.

The teachers, staff and admin are very caring and helpful. the teachers that my son has had were always open and willing to see and/or talk to me at any time. My son and I have enjoyed being here for the past 2 years. The teachers work hard and have achieved an exemplary rating for these first 2 years of being open!

Last modified Miss May Vernon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.