Shekinah Radiance Academy (Dallas 4

Posted October 17, 2014
My child has attended this school since it opened. Though the district has made a few choices by not supporting the current administration of the school we chose to stick it out. The teachers have all been great and my child continues to excel in the small environment. The staff has certainly gone through some changes which is unfortunate due to a principal retiring and late hiring of a new principal. The parents are dedicated and the new principal is trying to incorporate a positive environment. People don't like change when there is change they bail but let's face it this is a public school and run to the best of their abilities with the resources they have. My child is always happy and comes home happy looking forward to the next day. If we could afford private we would but in my opinion Shekinah Radiance Academy charter school is the next best thing.

Shekinah Radiance Academy (Dallas 4

Posted June 24, 2013
I have been really pleased with this school. The teachers are easily accessible by email and I have always gotten a response back within 24 hours if not sooner. I love that other teachers in the school and other parents seem to know each student by name. I truly believe the teachers care about each of their students. I have read some of the other parent's comments about bullying and though I was not there in each of those cases, I will say that my son had someone messing with him (nudging him, taking his pencils, etc.) and he told the teacher and that particular child did get in trouble. Unfortunately bullying is a part of every school and if were to ever feel that my child was getting bullied and the other child not getting reprimanded for it, I would set up a meeting with the teacher and principal and I know they would allow me to do so. The three things I do not like about the school is that they do not have a campus website, they only go to 6th grade, and the school supply list each year is too long. I would rather purchase items that they are getting low on throughout the year than buy so much stuff at the beginning that may not all be used.

Posted June 18, 2013
This school truly cares about children. They take time to work individually with every student. If you think your child needs that special attention then this is the school for you. The staff has been very consistent and is highly qualified. We love it here!

Posted June 18, 2013
This school is the best school I've ever worked at. You will never find a more caring, professional principal and teachers who work very hard to provide as much support and help to the students. I've never worked at a school with teachers as caring as these teachers. We offer FREE tutoring 3 times a week along with multiple small group help in the middle of the day. After reading some of the other parent reviews, I am shocked to read what a few parents wrote. I always tell my parents that I will only believe 50% of what their child says about them if they will agree to believe only 50% of what children say about us. I can honestly say that we do not tolerate bullying and I have never seen or heard of a teacher giving marks for tattling. I'm not sure I would ever move to a different school if I can help it and coming from a teacher, that says a lot!

Shekinah Radiance Academy (Dallas 1

Posted June 04, 2013
I also removed my child from this school towards the beginning of the year. It's sad to see that the school is still having issues. Yes, the teacher/student ratio is low, but when the teachers are of poor quality, this is not a plus. There seems to be a lot of good people who attend the school, but the staff is completely unsatisfactory.

Shekinah Radiance Academy (Dallas 2

Posted June 03, 2013
I too have an 8-yr-old child who attends this school, & gets in trouble for reporting bullying (teachers refer to is as 'tattle-telling'). My child says if they try to notify their teacher of bullying, that both them & the child doing the bullying, would get a 'mark'. Unacceptable.

Shekinah Radiance Academy (Dallas 1

Posted May 31, 2013
This school allows bullying! ! I have a seven year old in first grade who gets in trouble for telling the teacher when someone is bullying her (hitting/teasing) etc. It is ridiculous! I don't know whether they just don't like her or maybe her ethnicity has something to do with it either way bullying should not be allowed. We will never return to this school.

Posted January 25, 2013
Great School! We love it here ~ couldn't be happier! Feel like we get personal attention & better focus on education...only downstide is that only go through the 6th grade. We will miss being here!!!

Posted May 07, 2012
The teachers are wonderful and my son is doing great. I love the small class sizes as well. So happy this school came to Royse City.

Posted April 12, 2012
I am a parent of a 12yr old and I love this school. Their small classes allow more individual student time. They helped my son get to where he needed to be academically. I love how they encourage good character traits instead of tearing my son down. Over all this school is 5 stars for me!

Shekinah Radiance Academy (Dallas
201 Erby Campbell Boulevard, Royse City, TX  75189
Last modified Shekinah Radiance Academy (Dallas is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shekinah Radiance Academy (Dallas Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top