Royse City High School 1

Posted May 31, 2011
I have a daughter who has a terminal ilness which requires her to be hospitalized frequently. A teacher from the school who is wonderful comes to the hospital and we sign a paper showing she was there. My daughter has been in this district for years in the same situation. Middle school was a breeze and they were amazing. The admin office at the highschool is a NIGHTMARE. We got a letter from a judge saying we have to go to court for her absences and she (my ill daughter)is being charged with a misdemenor crime? My daughter has completed her work and is passing her classes? So thinking this is an error I call the school and they could care less. They have no record of anything a(even though there staff member has taught her at the hospital numerous times? The teachers at this school are great but the office and administration really drops the ball and has absolutly no compasion. I highly suggest if your child needs anything extra at all besides normal teaching DO NOT COME TO THIS SCHOOL!

Posted June 12, 2010
If someone were to ask my opinion of RCHS , I'd just shrug my shoulders. It's not a bad school, not a good school. If your child is an outstanding student, they still can be here, but they will have to do it on their own. Average seems to be just fine here. The stats show English classes having an average of 19 students. My son's class had over 30 students from day one, with not a move made to remedy the situation. He spent a year in what amounted to a loud distraction at the end of every day. The usual impression is the staff is overwhelmed.

Royse City High School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
I have 2 nephews who have graduated from there and a niece still there.

Posted May 08, 2009

Posted January 16, 2009
I've gone to royse city since 4th grade. I am now a sophmore at the high school. RCHS is okay there are some great teachers, and coaches. But the dress code seems to be the only thing the teachers and staff care about. What about education? And the elective classes, there are way to few! Hopefully they will improve.

Royse City High School 0

Posted April 29, 2008
i have been going to rc since 3rd grade and i am now a sophmore it is a great school district but ever since we have gone to standerized dress code the teacher and adminastraders have been worrying more about if we are in dress code rather then are education

Posted April 07, 2008
Most of the teachers are excellent and I am capable of getting a good education, but I am constantly stressed and unable to concentrate now not only because people stereotype me even more harshly with the standardized dress but it just doesn't feel like the school environment I was accustomed to.

Posted January 17, 2008
I'm about to graduate in May, and I've been a student and RCHS since my sophomore year. I came from a very urban high school, and Royse City is a nice change. The teachers (most) are great, and they treat you as an individual. I've made some great friends along the way and I wouldn't trade it for the world!

Posted September 04, 2007

Posted February 13, 2007
RCHS is an great school and its getting better in some ways but they need to lighten up and see that before this year no one worried what others wore or concentrated so little at school.

Royse City High School
P O Box 479, Royse City, TX  75189
Last modified Royse City High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Royse City High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.