Sabine Pass, TX

Posted January 13, 2014
My children have attended Sabine Pass as transfer students and we absolutely love the school as well as the staff. All the teachers know both my children by name, and they get an amazing amount of one on one attention. I never have to worry if my child is being challenged enough because I know the teachers know what their strengths amd weaknesses are, and they use that in their approach with each child. Unfortunately we are going to be moving to another district and will have to change schools. I will miss all the one on one, personal attention. There is a great advantage to being in a small school, and I'm going to miss it very much.

Posted May 28, 2013
I hope Port Arthur takes over Sabine Pass school, they need to fire the complete staff. My son has been going to this school for 4 years and all of a sudden he looses his transfer. The staff treats the kids and parents like crape. If your family fits in with the Sabine Pass click then you are fine, but if you and your kids don't then don't know how to treat you. It's a shame it should be once you are transferred in you should be able to stay there till you graduate. The staff tell you all the time you are a transfer you should be happy you are here there are other's that want your spot. And also don't tell a child he is not losing there transfer and then a week later you get a letter in the mail telling you at this time your child was not able to revive there transfer. SABINE WOULD NOT BE A SCHOOL WITH OUT TRANSFER...

Posted May 23, 2013
I hope Port Arthur takes over Sabine Pass school, they need to fire the complete staff. They could not make it in a real school district and could not have a school without transfers to this on horse town. Someone needs to look into this click going on in Sabine. Can not understand why he city of Port Arthur lets this go on

Posted August 01, 2011
sabinepass is a great school,my child is a transfer student and the staff and teachers all know her by name because the school is so nice and small and we have always been treated with the upmost respect as well as everyone else,the teachers and principle are amazing and motivating and make learning and attending school fun.i feel like sabinepass school treats their students like a second home,a second family.i am very impressed with the teaching and my daughter absolutley loves her school and at the end of the day that is what really matters,i feel that at peace with my daughter being at school and on the buses too because they take very good care of the children and always have more than one teacher riding with them,its a great school,we love it.

Posted March 15, 2010
Even though very highly rated, academics at sabine pass school are lacking compared to other districts in texas, arkansas and louisiana. Principal has her own click. If you are a part of this school district, you better hope you are in it

Posted March 15, 2010
Posting on 4/28/08 sounded like words straight from the principals mouth. Being that there is a long waiting list for admissions, SPISD s administration believes they can treat parents and students with rudeness and disrespect. They think there will always be a plentiful supply of candidates to replace the ones who leave due to comradery and favoritism. It s called a power trip ! Yes it s true, SPISD is an option instead of the surrounding school districts. But I wouldn t suggest it! Eventually it may end up harming your kids more than anything else. The level of education these students receive is far lower than you would imagine. A colleague had students enrolled there for a few years. When they moved, the kids were evaluated by the new school district. Even though they received A s and B s @ SP, their test scores were well below their grade level average. Before you think that SPISD is the answer to your prayers, stop and think about what you were actually praying for!

Posted February 28, 2010
My 2 younger sons were transfers to this school and it has been a wonderful experience! Not everything has been perfect, that's true with any school, but most of the teachers have been great. My youngest is graduating this year (my second to graduate from this school) and I feel confident he is ready for college. The senior sponsors are the best I've ever seen and know how to connect with the students. We have enjoyed the intimacy that comes with such a small school and the district does very well making sure there are as many extracurricular activties as possible. We are very grateful that this school was an option for our sons and are thankful to SPISD.

Posted April 10, 2008
This school thinks they can treat kids that transfer like they are nothing and teach them nothing. I would not recommend any student to transfer to this school. They will treat your kids terribly.

Posted December 10, 2007
The best school in Jefferson county. Minimal student friction. Smaller class sizes mean more Teacher-student interaction

Posted June 05, 2005
This school could use some improvment, but with many teachers leaving and new teachers coming in, we'll see how it turns out. New coaches may mean better sports, but it is not just the coaches, it is the kids too, they have to work for it, in school and in sports. Because many of them slack and that is why they did not do good this year.

Sabine Pass School
P O Box 1148, Sabine Pass, TX  77655
Last modified Sabine Pass School is a Public school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sabine Pass School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top