Sachse, TX

Posted January 30, 2014
This school is GREAT! Wonderful staff, very helpful and always willing to go the extra mile for you.

Posted August 26, 2013
Had problems with the other children stealing, hitting my child constantly and I went to the teacher and counselor and they ignored it. If you have an issue they will brush it away, my daughter hated going to school. You have a couple of good teachers, but the staff and some of the teachers need to retire or are rednecks. So if you are a person of color, they really have no care in the world for you or your child.

Robert B Sewell Elementary School 4

Posted December 11, 2012
The teachers are great, but the front desk staff is just really rude, no social skills.

Posted August 13, 2012
HORRIBLE HORRIBLE... That is ALL I'm going to say. Worst first year of school for my daughter. Very disappointed. Teachers are wonderful, not sure about the principal, office staff... THEY SHOULD ALL BE FIRED! I've never in my life felt so uncomfortable before in my life like I felt every time I stepped into the office. Not ONE single person is nice, they are rude. I will be putting bad reviews on every site possible to warn parents. So glad my daughter will be attending a 5 star review school. SO long Sewell.....

Posted June 04, 2012
My daughter started kindergarten this year so it was my first year to experience public school as a parent. Her teacher was phenomenal but the office staff & principal were rude, unfriendly, and lacked communication skills. I NEVER felt welcome when I walked into the office...in fact I was always made to feel like I was bothering the ladies and keeping them from doing their job! They even seemed bothered when I called on the phone to ask a question. I know that the teachers are required to contact the parents by phone or email but I think the office staff should be required to do the same. I always knew where my daughter stood academically because her teacher did a great job at communicating with me. However, I was never contacted by the office staff regarding missing notes from when I picked my daughter up an hour early a couple of times. I never knew I needed a note for those instances until I received a truancy warning letter! The principal needs to hold her office staff to the same high standards that she holds her teachers and students to. My daughter will not be returning to this school...unfortunately the bad outweighed the good this year.

Posted October 12, 2011
I had a concern about my son's progress at the end of last year. I sent an e-mail to his teacher to discuss. She wrote me back right away and arranged a meeting for the next day. When I arrived, I was surprised to see all his 3rd grade teachers there. There were no major issues, but the teachers all gave me suggestions on how to get my child back on track!! I was so happy to see so much support. Best thing ever... when school started this year, he had some of the same teachers. One called me the first week of school to let me know that everything was great the first week! WOW!! I read some of the reviews below and I really have to question some. You are upset because you can't have lunch with your kid the 1st two weeks of school? Gee, I wonder why? Could it be that the kids take longer to get through the line and the school is trying to get the kids on track quickly without interruption? As for telling parents not to volunteer because of the office staff...what a disservice to all the hard-working volunteers and the kids and teachers who benefit from their volunteer work. The teachers and parents are great and there are tons of opportunities to volunteer. That is what matters!

Robert B Sewell Elementary School 4

Posted May 08, 2011
My son has been going to Sewell for 4 years now. He has had several really great teachers. Whenever I am at the school, his teachers from this year and last always say hi. I love than they wear uniforms and have opportunities to do fun stuff besides just class work. The office staff has always been very nice to me. I am really nice to them and they are really nice back. Of course, I recognize that they are often in a difficult position of having to enforce the rules....some parents think the rules don't apply to them! Overall, my son is happy there and I am happy he is happy!

Posted August 06, 2010
This school is in dire need of administration change. The principal has no compassion and the children are constantly in fear. You are prohibited from having lunch with your child during the first 2 weeks of school, dress code is enforced in an almost militant fashion, parents are alienated by the office staff and the children are constantly berated. There are some fabulous teachers at this institute, but even they are feeling the weight of this unhealthy environment. Parents are requesting transfers at record numbers and it's such a shame as their teaching base could be phenomenal with the right leadership.

Posted March 23, 2010
Love the school. Staff and teachers are concerned about safety and success of the students. Our children love going to school!

Robert B Sewell Elementary School 2

Posted March 10, 2010
If you like to volunteer at school this is not the one to send your child to. I was room mom for 4 years and i like to help the teachers with projects. From the moment that I walked in the door I got the impression that I was not welcome by the way the front office treated me. Also I would eat lunch with my child each week and there was always either the Assistant Principal or other staff telling the kids to be quiet or they would just turn the lights off which means no talking. Give me a break they have been in a structured environment all morning and this is the first opportunity that they have had to talk to their friends. Based on these experiences with my 2 children we have since moved to another area school.

Robert B Sewell Elementary School
4400 Hudson Park, Sachse, TX  75048
Last modified Robert B Sewell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Robert B Sewell Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top