Bad
Good

Before I moved in the area, I read all the bad reviews and I was really, really worry. My son has been one year at this school and he is just a happy child! Everyone is friendly, the teachers are amazing, they care for the kids. They help them, they are kind. The secretaries are wonderful, I don't understand how someone could have written such horrible things. Anyway, this is my opinion, my experience. But honestly, because I read those terrible reviews I was so worried for so long. Never again! Now, January 2015, I'm really happy we made this choice. And the fact that they have school uniforms is fantastic. My son loves his uniforms. There are many affordable options and the best, they don't destroyed their cloth to go out. My son is doing two after school clubs, drawing and drama. I have to pay for this of course, but it has made him more confident and they way he is drawing, amazing! Anyways, I thought I come and write my experience. Please, the best way is to come to the school and see for yourself. Don't believe what I say, come and check out the school. Good luck. May 2016 It has been 2 years since I wrote my first review and it has been even better! My son is flourishing, with excellent grades, self confidence and lots of friends. He loves coming to school. We had great teachers these past years... I just wanted to reconfirm what I wrote 2 years ago. This is a great school. They will help your child and he or she will be prepared for Middle school. Excellent choice.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Up to now, I had the pleasure to have Ms Le and Ms Massey and they are just wonderful teachers. I see my son engaged, researching, asking and explaining every new material they gave him. On top of that, they help each student individually and they have a computer web page where kids can do homework and practice at home. They are really good. Lately they did Star week, and they practiced for the staar test, it was wonderful! My son was so, so happy and eager to do homework. I was very pleased.

Amount of homework: Agree

Up t third grade I think is just right. They don't give homework for the weekend, but I guess is because 3rd grade is still a bit young. Maybe 4 and 5th grade will be different.

Develops character: Strongly agree

They have a system of 4 houses and each child belongs to one house. They all try to hard to help others, study, etc. This has a great impact in creating an environment for the kids where honesty, integrity and fairness is valued.

This is a school full of people that are dedicated to our students. I am honored to work along side so many fabulous teachers and staff members. When I read reviews that call us a "military" school I can't help but laugh. I guess because we enforce standardized dress and expect children to be respectful we are military? Hmmm. Our PTA has dwindled down to a small number over the years but the current PTA board are so dedicated and do a lot for our school. I am so thankful they have stuck with us through the good and the bumpy times. With upcoming changes in our leadership next year, I hope to see more parent involvement. The teachers would love more parents volunteering here at school. I am proud to work here at Sewell and to be a part of this wonderful Sachse community. Come check us out for yourself!

This school is GREAT! Wonderful staff, very helpful and always willing to go the extra mile for you.

Had problems with the other children stealing, hitting my child constantly and I went to the teacher and counselor and they ignored it. If you have an issue they will brush it away, my daughter hated going to school. You have a couple of good teachers, but the staff and some of the teachers need to retire or are rednecks. So if you are a person of color, they really have no care in the world for you or your child.

The teachers are great, but the front desk staff is just really rude, no social skills.

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE... That is ALL I'm going to say. Worst first year of school for my daughter. Very disappointed. Teachers are wonderful, not sure about the principal, office staff... THEY SHOULD ALL BE FIRED! I've never in my life felt so uncomfortable before in my life like I felt every time I stepped into the office. Not ONE single person is nice, they are rude. I will be putting bad reviews on every site possible to warn parents. So glad my daughter will be attending a 5 star review school. SO long Sewell.....

My daughter started kindergarten this year so it was my first year to experience public school as a parent. Her teacher was phenomenal but the office staff & principal were rude, unfriendly, and lacked communication skills. I NEVER felt welcome when I walked into the office...in fact I was always made to feel like I was bothering the ladies and keeping them from doing their job! They even seemed bothered when I called on the phone to ask a question. I know that the teachers are required to contact the parents by phone or email but I think the office staff should be required to do the same. I always knew where my daughter stood academically because her teacher did a great job at communicating with me. However, I was never contacted by the office staff regarding missing notes from when I picked my daughter up an hour early a couple of times. I never knew I needed a note for those instances until I received a truancy warning letter! The principal needs to hold her office staff to the same high standards that she holds her teachers and students to. My daughter will not be returning to this school...unfortunately the bad outweighed the good this year.

Last modified Robert B Sewell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.