Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted May 09, 2016
Before I moved in the area, I read all the bad reviews and I was really, really worry. My son has been one year at this school and he is just a happy child! Everyone is friendly, the teachers are amazing, they care for the kids. They help them, they are kind. The secretaries are wonderful, I don't understand how someone could have written such horrible things. Anyway, this is my opinion, my experience. But honestly, because I read those terrible reviews I was so worried for so long. Never again! Now, January 2015, I'm really happy we made this choice. And the fact that they have school uniforms is fantastic. My son loves his uniforms. There are many affordable options and the best, they don't destroyed their cloth to go out. My son is doing two after school clubs, drawing and drama. I have to pay for this of course, but it has made him more confident and they way he is drawing, amazing! Anyways, I thought I come and write my experience. Please, the best way is to come to the school and see for yourself. Don't believe what I say, come and check out the school. Good luck. May 2016 It has been 2 years since I wrote my first review and it has been even better! My son is flourishing, with excellent grades, self confidence and lots of friends. He loves coming to school. We had great teachers these past years... I just wanted to reconfirm what I wrote 2 years ago. This is a great school. They will help your child and he or she will be prepared for Middle school. Excellent choice.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 09, 2016
So many people, but I would love to thank from the bottom of my heart Ms Massey and Ms Le, 3rd grade teachers, they are sweet with the kids, excellent explaining, the kids just adored them. I would like to thank the counselor, she is another great woman, hard working, always taking care of the kids. The principal and the vice principal are kind, funny, approachable, but have the right amount of discipline. Kids listen to them. And of course, the ladies of the office, they are welcoming and nice. I'm really, really happy with this school.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 09, 2016
Up to now, I had the pleasure to have Ms Le and Ms Massey and they are just wonderful teachers. I see my son engaged, researching, asking and explaining every new material they gave him. On top of that, they help each student individually and they have a computer web page where kids can do homework and practice at home. They are really good. Lately they did Star week, and they practiced for the staar test, it was wonderful! My son was so, so happy and eager to do homework. I was very pleased.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 09, 2016
Up t third grade I think is just right. They don't give homework for the weekend, but I guess is because 3rd grade is still a bit young. Maybe 4 and 5th grade will be different.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted May 09, 2016
Each six weeks they have assemblies and each student is rewarded accordingly to his or her effort. You have to see how much they all have improved, they try so hard, it is just wonderful to see all the kids at school happy and engaged.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted May 09, 2016
Yes, apart from the house system implemented, they have buddy day, and they explained to kids how important is to help others and they feel the belong to this big family.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 09, 2016
They have a system of 4 houses and each child belongs to one house. They all try to hard to help others, study, etc. This has a great impact in creating an environment for the kids where honesty, integrity and fairness is valued.

Posted April 28, 2015
This is a school full of people that are dedicated to our students. I am honored to work along side so many fabulous teachers and staff members. When I read reviews that call us a "military" school I can't help but laugh. I guess because we enforce standardized dress and expect children to be respectful we are military? Hmmm. Our PTA has dwindled down to a small number over the years but the current PTA board are so dedicated and do a lot for our school. I am so thankful they have stuck with us through the good and the bumpy times. With upcoming changes in our leadership next year, I hope to see more parent involvement. The teachers would love more parents volunteering here at school. I am proud to work here at Sewell and to be a part of this wonderful Sachse community. Come check us out for yourself!

Posted January 30, 2014
This school is GREAT! Wonderful staff, very helpful and always willing to go the extra mile for you.

Robert B Sewell Elementary School 1

Posted August 26, 2013
Had problems with the other children stealing, hitting my child constantly and I went to the teacher and counselor and they ignored it. If you have an issue they will brush it away, my daughter hated going to school. You have a couple of good teachers, but the staff and some of the teachers need to retire or are rednecks. So if you are a person of color, they really have no care in the world for you or your child.

4400 Hudson Park, Sachse, TX  75048-4630
Last modified Robert B Sewell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.