Sachse, TX
Students enrolled: 2,772

Posted November 02, 2014
My older sister graduated sachse and loved it. She went to college and is living her life now.me as a junior love it many school tend hate us but honestly i think thats just because sachse is amazing.im a band student and i have had the best time of my life.sachse a VERY nice school with postive students

Posted August 17, 2013
From what my child has told me, this school has a positive atmosphere. I've been very concerned by reports of bullying and racism in other schools, but he says that people are generally kind to each other (I was really surprised!). The counselors are courteous and flexible, and I'm really glad we're having such a good High School experience.

Posted May 24, 2013
My daughter is a Junior at SHS, and she has done well. Yes, the school is "strict" to some, but really it just teaches kids about how life will be once they are in the real world. Students should know how to dress appropriately, arrive on time, be courteous to others, etc... and SHS faculty reinforce these character traits. Academically, as with all schools, there are great teachers, substandard teachers and everything in between. Most teachers that my daughter has come in contact with seem to genuinely care about the students and their success.

Sachse High School 1

Posted December 23, 2010
Not very diverse school that does not feature programs unlike the other high schools in the district.

Posted September 10, 2010
All my kids attended Sachse High School so we have been involved since the doors opened. Parents seem to be irritated about the dress code. Why? If you want your child to think she can go to work in slippers then send her to Naaman. I am amazed when I see the degrading comments towards the principal. Yes, he is strict but what is wrong with that? He is by the book but he is fair. He is more than willing to meet with any parent or student when they have a problem and resolve the issue. It may not be exactly how you would like it but you are not in charge and you are not handling the many problems he faces everyday. This school is large but he is experienced and doing the very best he can. Isn't that what we want from anyone?

Posted September 02, 2010
Well I am a senior at Sachse High School and I love that there is no problems in this school. The teachers are the best because they help you and they incourage you to the the best you can. I know that some people say that sachse hs is strict but that makes this school better then any other

Posted July 10, 2010
One of the best schools in the district. I am now an alumni, and I will tell you that parents saying the school is bad based on their kids opinions of dress code are wrong. The school cracks down hard on dress code, yes, but that is important. This teaches kids morality as well as etiquette. If your kid can is smarter than the average bear and takes honors classes, he/she will learn more than just what is needed for the TAKS test (state test). Great school, with a great faculty, and the best administration I have ever seen or heard of. The principal even meets with every single senior in groups of about ten every year to hear their opinions on the school. He takes every bit of it to heart, and uses it to make the school better.

Posted November 04, 2009
great school and faculty. students are expected to b3 moralally on the ball. csn't imagine why someone does no like it.

Sachse High School

Posted August 23, 2009
most of these teachers have 1 year of experience,too young. they focus on dress code too much my daughter did not like this school,she transferred her 2nd year to naaman. and she is glad she did not stay here

Sachse High School 3

Posted October 01, 2008
My son is a senior and things have gotten a little bit better. The dress code is ridiculous and constantly being watched - instead of academics! The teachers have tutorials, but seldom are they on time and/or show up. I wonder what this teaches my child? Most teachers do not care about the students - it is all about those stupid state-wide tests that don't teach them a thing. They need to teach these children what the real world is like and how to live in such an environment. They have gotten better about college information, etc. You just have to go for it and keep on top of things - otherwise they don't show care or concern.

Sachse High School
3109 Miles Road, Sachse, TX  75048
Last modified Sachse High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sachse High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 49 reviews. Top