PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I studied the Charlotte Mason philosophy of the process on educating children and it completely aligned with how I wanted my son's education to be. My son has made so much progress not only in the required areas the state requires, but he is learning how to play violin, bible study, and has become so empathetic and polite. Also, discipline is done with a lot of love and understanding so as the child understands that actions have consequences. I strongly recommend if you live in the San Angelo area to consider attending our May open house so you can get a better feel of the school.

I am very familiar with all the schools in the San Angelo, both public and private. My husband and I toured every school we even remotely thought was a possibility for our Kindergarten daughter last year and prayed that God would lead us to the best school for her and our family. We are so blessed and beyond pleased with the education, environment, and staff at Ambleside. Paying tuition is a sacrifice for our family, but at Ambleside, I am more than willing to pay. The methods, philosophy, and Godly convictions of Ambleside set this school apart. I cannot imagine sending our daughter anywhere else. She is happy, flourishing socially and academically and spiritually. I know she is loved, attended to, and cherished every day that she is at school. What else could a mother ask for?

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

I have not noticed that this is a problem for Ambleside. I do know of one boy in elementary grade that had bullying problem at a public school. He has told me directly that every one at Ambleside is his best friend. No bullying for him here!

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

Each student is treated as an individual, whether ahead of the curve or catching up. The methods used to encourage students in their own abilities is just beautiful. Truly. The size of classrooms is very conducive to this type of teaching.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

I feel leadership seeks to honor God in all things.

Develops character: Strongly agree

This absolutely true. Charlotte Mason's habits of character are very present at Ambleside, for both student and teacher.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

My daughter has been at Ambleside for 2 years, but I feel like I know and that my daughter is loved by every single teacher there. That goes a long way for this mom, in feeling that every teacher, even those that do not teach her directly, genuinely care and notice every student.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

Homework is age appropriate as far as content and quantity.

Ambleside is the BEST private school available to students in the San Angelo area. The teachers are of the highest quality and utilize the advanced curriculum to the students' benefit. My children are loved and will be prepared for anything the future holds.

Amount of homework: Agree

Homework is developmentally appropriate based on the age of the students. Kids are given ample play time in the early grades.

Last modified Ambleside School of San Angelo is a Private school that serves grades PK-12