Tlc Academy 3

Posted July 21, 2014
Yes But...This school does teach a lot about character and leadership, and classes are smaller in comparison with most public schools, BUT for my son (1st grade) who struggled with math they had no options for tutoring or summer school to improve his understanding and make sure he went on to 2nd grade, they're only suggestion was holding him back. Not good enough in my opinion. We will be transferring him to Goliad in August.

Tlc Academy 1

Posted September 26, 2013
This is not a very good school. I would not waste time putting your child here.

Posted August 22, 2013
I have 5 grandchildren that attend TLCA who all love the school. As a grandmother, I love the opportunities they have to excel in academics and leadership. Excellent school. I wish it had been around when their parents were in school.

Posted April 19, 2013
TLC Pre-K is an amazing preschool. My son had never had any kind of structure before attending and honestly I was a little scared of the phone calls was going to receive. I absolutely love his teachers, the director, and all the other staff. They have been so supportive and thanks to them he is nearly reading on a 1st grade level at the age of 5. He knows how to write his name and all his numbers as well as sound out most of the alphabet. I will recommend (and have) TLC Preschool to anyone interested because they have done wonders for my son.

Tlc Academy 1

Posted April 17, 2013
PK rating, not Academy, but be warned that when TLC is mentioned in San Angelo, it is not in a good way. It is a loosely run day care and has a very high turn-over rate for the staff. My ratings are based on my 2 kids after almost a year, my daughter moved to another preschool and has grown and learned so much more in 2 months, then the entire time at TLC preschool. The staff is not educated to perform their tasks. Know that this is not a real preschool, it is a daycare. I have never experienced such a poorly run and staffed preschool, and I have been a teacher for 12 years! Please be careful when you trust these people, they use religion against you and they really only care about your money. Ask other parents, not just TLC preschool staff, about the truth behind this terrible place. Good luck!

Posted April 17, 2013
TLC Academy is a great placer for students that are truly interested in their education. The staff has high expectations for behavior and academic growth. The smaller size classes and teacher to student ratio helps students to be more successful in their academic career. Friendly courteous teachers, and office personnel add to the overall positive atmosphere of the school. Parental Involvement is encouraged and welcomed.

Posted November 08, 2012
Our 3 children have gone to TLCA since they became a charter school 4 years ago.(they were homeschooled up to that point) 1 is in elementary and 2 are in high school. All 3 are A or A/B Honor Roll, 2 participate in National Honor Society, are involved in UIL activities, band and sports. My daughter is a Jr. and is taking 2 dual credit courses plus physics and engineering and she loves it. We have watched all 3 of our children grow and blossom into even more amazing kids then before. Their school is very much a family atmosphere. The teachers have always been available. They have worked extra hard with our kids any time they have struggled on an assignment. My daughter was being harassed by a student last year and as soon as TLCA found out, they did an investigation and expelled the student. The staff at TLCA really believe in what they are doing. They believe in our kids. They are helping us raise the future leaders of our community and beyond. I would recommend TLCA to parents who are looking for a school that focuses more on academic success and leadership skills.

Posted November 07, 2012
I have two children at TLCA elementary. They are learning so much about leadership and character in an academically outstanding environment. They are happy and confident. Also, TLCA reaches out to the community and teaches our students what a positive difference they can make!

Posted October 11, 2011
My son improved 3 reading levels in one year. The teachers make my sons progress a priority with a what ever it takes attitude.

Posted October 11, 2011
If you are interested in a new approach to education this is the place. Students are taught so much more that the basic core classes. The Leader in Me by Stephen Covey is taking shape at TLCA. I am excited that my son is learning the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. Leadership is taught in all classrooms. Parents are encouraged to be active in and out of the classroom. The administrators and teachers are doing a fantastic job at TLCA!

Tlc Academy
5687 Melrose Avenue, San Angelo, TX  76901
Last modified Tlc Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tlc Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top