No rating

Cornerstone Christian School

Private | PK-12

Living in San Angelo

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $87,600. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $790.

Posted November 19, 2013

Cornerstone Christian School is an excellent school! Our family has had children attending for over 11 years. Two of my children have graduated, and score high on their college entrance exams. Both were accepted into one of the state's largest and most competitive universities. The teachers and staff love the children and are very professional. The work is sometimes rigorous, but the reward is great. My children thrived/thrive at Cornerstone. It is a wonderful place where "God and education come together".

Posted October 29, 2013

Cornerstone has always strived to be a Christian school that not only grew students spiritually, but also academically. The teachers and staff are willing to make the necessary changes for the betterment of the students. Teachers also desire to see their students grow in their walk with Christ. The changes that have taken place recently are with this reason in mind. There have been some hiccups along the way, but we are truly working for a grace-based school with students who are grounded in their faith and ready for the next chapter of their lives.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted October 28, 2013

Cornerstone has been through changes in the last few years. However, one thing is certain - The staff and administration strive to seek God's guidance when teaching and making decisions for students. There is a strong desire to show grace for students and teach them to grow through all areas of life. Cornerstone is committed to seeking top curriculum and strategies for teaching students, even if that means changing what has been in place for many years. My children will continue to go to school at Cornerstone because learning and praying about God is first. I want my children to be able to defend their faith to a world that is constantly teaching against Jesus Christ and ultimately help further His kingdom.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted July 19, 2013

Cultish is the best way I could describe this school. I agree with the people who say it is rigid, and cold. The school is run by an iron fist and leaves children scared, and meek once they leave. I will never again send my children to a private christian school after this experience.

Posted June 17, 2013

We have moved several times. This was the first private school we tried. It seemed cold to my kids. They felt they were punished with excessive worksheets for being smart and finishing early. We were expecting it to be more challenging academically. Some of the classes had more students than the public schools. They seem to have the best buildings and sports program of any private school in San Angelo and they have an excellent PE program. I also like the hot lunches and some of the people are very kind.

Posted June 14, 2013

I graduated from this school. If I could give it less than one star I would. I found myself severely under prepared for college and the legalistic and cold approach to child development left me spiritually scarred for life.

Posted July 19, 2012

Our children attend Cornerstone, and we cannot say enough wonderful things about the staff, school leadership, and student body. I do agree that the curriculm is more challenging than in public school, and that the approach to discipline may be more rigid than what others may be accustomed to in the public school sector. However, the teachers' warmth and genuine concern for the student body is obvious. The classes are small enough to offer individual attention, yet there are more extra curricular, athletic and artistic opportunities than many other private schools. Above all, the students are taught to serve the Lord, give back to their community, and to strive for academic excellence. We could not ask for more for our childrens' educations.

Posted November 7, 2011

I was surprised at how high the tuition was but I had heard such good things about the school. Plus, we are a Christian family and I was drawn to a school with chapel, prayer, and Bible study. It was more academically challenging than public school, but there was so much paperwork with the Abeka curriculum. There were more children in the class than in the local public school(23 in Cornerstone and 17 or 18 in my neighborhood school). There are no services for special needs students. Someone mentioned the discipline. The environment was colder than any school I have been in. Strict and harsh were words my child used to describe the atmosphere. It was not the right fit for us.

Posted March 30, 2010

Cornerstone Christian School is an excellent school. I have one child that has graduated from CCS well prepared for college. My other children are still at CCS and are doing quite well. It is truly a Christ centered school with excellent academics. Our experience at CCS has been wonderful in the 8 years that we have been there.

Posted August 11, 2009

My child went to Cornerstone for several years. Unfortunately, the school s approach to discipline is legalistic and arbitrary. The militaristic-type method robs the inspiration from the learning environment. Additionally, the school is far more focused on their mediocre sports program and less interested in developing the character of each child. Believe me, San Angelo has much better options than this supposed Christian school that is swelled with false-pride.

Posted September 18, 2008

I went to Cornerstone from 7th-12th grade. the teachers care about all of the students and want them to suceed. I would encourage anyone who wants a quality education in San Angelo to check out Cornerstone
—Submitted by a student

Posted October 29, 2007

Cornerstone is unusual in many regards: student-teacher attitude is personal, respectful, grateful and real. Our academics are far above anything locally or statewide. We major on the academic subjects and enjoy a very competitive sports program. Parent involvement is always very near 100%. We are investing in our children's education and as parents we invest in our children's friends, as well. It is a family made up of all of our families. We love our teachers and administrators. They are our friends and we are on board with them in every area. Discipline is seldom an issue. New students are always suprised at our veteran students attitudes about following the rules and when to relax and enjoy the moment. This is a fine school. We have not been disappointed at all.

Posted July 10, 2007

I believe Cornerstone is one of the premier schools in the nation. They have the best teachers best, the cheapest tuition, and the best athletics.
—Submitted by a student

Posted August 9, 2005

Cornerstone is a great school with caring and nurturing teachers and administrators. If you want your children to be taught in a Christ centered environment, then this is the school for you.

Asian or Pacific Islander 1% 4%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI
Fax number
  • (325) 658-8998

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1502 North Jefferson Street