PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Cornerstone provides a place where God and education come together. The whole child is taught at Cornerstone. The school partners with the family to instill values and responsibility. Students are challenged and prepared academically for college and beyond.

Cornerstone Christian School is an excellent school! Our family has had children attending for over 11 years. Two of my children have graduated, and score high on their college entrance exams. Both were accepted into one of the state's largest and most competitive universities. The teachers and staff love the children and are very professional. The work is sometimes rigorous, but the reward is great. My children thrived/thrive at Cornerstone. It is a wonderful place where "God and education come together".

Cornerstone has always strived to be a Christian school that not only grew students spiritually, but also academically. The teachers and staff are willing to make the necessary changes for the betterment of the students. Teachers also desire to see their students grow in their walk with Christ. The changes that have taken place recently are with this reason in mind. There have been some hiccups along the way, but we are truly working for a grace-based school with students who are grounded in their faith and ready for the next chapter of their lives.

Cornerstone has been through changes in the last few years. However, one thing is certain - The staff and administration strive to seek God's guidance when teaching and making decisions for students. There is a strong desire to show grace for students and teach them to grow through all areas of life. Cornerstone is committed to seeking top curriculum and strategies for teaching students, even if that means changing what has been in place for many years. My children will continue to go to school at Cornerstone because learning and praying about God is first. I want my children to be able to defend their faith to a world that is constantly teaching against Jesus Christ and ultimately help further His kingdom.

Cultish is the best way I could describe this school. I agree with the people who say it is rigid, and cold. The school is run by an iron fist and leaves children scared, and meek once they leave. I will never again send my children to a private christian school after this experience.

We have moved several times. This was the first private school we tried. It seemed cold to my kids. They felt they were punished with excessive worksheets for being smart and finishing early. We were expecting it to be more challenging academically. Some of the classes had more students than the public schools. They seem to have the best buildings and sports program of any private school in San Angelo and they have an excellent PE program. I also like the hot lunches and some of the people are very kind.

I graduated from this school. If I could give it less than one star I would. I found myself severely under prepared for college and the legalistic and cold approach to child development left me spiritually scarred for life.

Our children attend Cornerstone, and we cannot say enough wonderful things about the staff, school leadership, and student body. I do agree that the curriculm is more challenging than in public school, and that the approach to discipline may be more rigid than what others may be accustomed to in the public school sector. However, the teachers' warmth and genuine concern for the student body is obvious. The classes are small enough to offer individual attention, yet there are more extra curricular, athletic and artistic opportunities than many other private schools. Above all, the students are taught to serve the Lord, give back to their community, and to strive for academic excellence. We could not ask for more for our childrens' educations.

I was surprised at how high the tuition was but I had heard such good things about the school. Plus, we are a Christian family and I was drawn to a school with chapel, prayer, and Bible study. It was more academically challenging than public school, but there was so much paperwork with the Abeka curriculum. There were more children in the class than in the local public school(23 in Cornerstone and 17 or 18 in my neighborhood school). There are no services for special needs students. Someone mentioned the discipline. The environment was colder than any school I have been in. Strict and harsh were words my child used to describe the atmosphere. It was not the right fit for us.

Cornerstone Christian School is an excellent school. I have one child that has graduated from CCS well prepared for college. My other children are still at CCS and are doing quite well. It is truly a Christ centered school with excellent academics. Our experience at CCS has been wonderful in the 8 years that we have been there.

Last modified Cornerstone Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12