Bad
Good

Difficult Principal. Has a reputation for lying. Daughter's one and only recess was the last 20 min of the school day. Staff constantly had the kids partake in "silent" lunches. And the teachers put way too much stress on the children throughout the year regarding state testing. Ott cares more about the test scores than it does about he children. Disappointed.

Both my daughters have attended this school from k-5 and we have love it since the first day we attended the Kinder round up many years ago. Teachers are great and they genuinely care about their students. No complaints here.

Ott Elementary School has been a fantastic start to our children's education. The teachers not only care about education for our children but about our children's success and well-being. The administration supports the teachers and parents throughout the entire 6 year experience (K-5). Unfortunately, not enough happy parents are leaving reviews for Ott, so you might only read some of the bad reviews from upset parents. Upset parents usually try and find a way to voice their concern while happy/satisfied parents don't express their gratitude enough. Thank you Ott ES!

Ott is a fantastic school! Great teachers! Involved and super administration! Parents are friendly and helpful!

My children have been going to Ott for 5 years now. We really love it. I have not had problems with bullying although have heard of friends who have. They have a strong anti-bullying campaign and spread awareness to the kids. The teachers are great and communicate frequently with parents through email and conferences. There is a new principal this year (2014) and I love what she has done. Their test scores in the past rate above district average and probably will this year too. The teachers and all faculty have a lot of energy and make learning fun for the kids. NISD is a great district too.

We have been at Ott for two years. I really love the school. I don't understand some of the other reviews as we've never had any issues that weren't quickly resolved with simple communication. All the teachers and staff are extremely nice and have always made me, a parent, feel welcome in the school. Both years my child has had FABULOUS, caring teachers. The only down side to Ott is some of the parents. The parking lot can be a nightmare with immature parents honking and cussing at each other. Seriously...great example to set for your children!

being a parent , I am disturbed that people give more credit to test scores, then life values. The teachers are not the best, dont seem to care or care so much that some teachers let students call them "mom" . That is over stepping boundaries in a big way and just as bad if not worse as not to care at all. If parents would feel that their input would have value, maybe there would be more input- as it is parents tend to be "too busy" ... We are looking to move out of this district and away from this school

Paul Ott elem is a bad scholl when it come down too it.. Lots of bullies and teachers just don`t seem to care that much

My family also moved to the area this year, and I have to say that I am very impressed with Ott. I have three children in the school; a kindergartener, a 4th grader, and a 5th grader. I volunteer at the school as well. I'm surprised to read the previous negative comments. Have you checked out the school's TAKS scores? They are significantly higher than the State average in every area. The teachers are great. They are accomodating and pleasant. They are fair. I can't help but believe that many of the parents that have responded to this review are mostly parents that have had problems. I'm thinking that when parents are happy with the school, they tend not to respond to these reviews. I want to be the exception. Thank you, Ott....you communicate well and we've had a great experience with you...

My family moved to the area mid year this year and I will have to say I am very disappointed in Ott. My son hasn't learned a thing...he brings home homework that they haven't even touched on in class. Basically I pick him up from school and we homeschool all afternoon because he didn't learn anything that day. His class is large and there are several bullies that aren't being punished accourdingly . Our son is very bright and was rising over his fellow classmates in our previous school out of state and I feel this school is holding him back. Also, I recently brought up a very disturbing problem that I observed in the hallway to the administration and they did absolutely nothing. Hopefully this school will make some changes in the near future. Needless to say, my son will be going to private school this next year.

Last modified Ott Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.