Christian Academy of San Antoni

Private | PK-12

Living in San Antonio

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $53,800. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $680.

Sweep tile

Posted March 28, 2014

This is such a great school. My three daughters attend and all have started in PK. The school does hold very high expectations of the students and parents. They do not play around. Which I like because students need rules. Academics are so advanced and challenge students. When they graduate they are ready for college and life. As far as the comment that was made about the librarian, he does have his BA in early education and is certified. Unlike most private schools CASA does require thier teachers to be state certified. Any parents looking for a great christian school. You found it!! The teachers are Godly people and instill so many differnt things in the students. The bible is integrated in every subject and they start thier day off with the bible. Parent involvement is a must. It has to go both ways. We love this school and everything it represents :)

Posted December 7, 2013

CASA has low academic expectations because they don't expose the kids to 1/2 of what they should learn in a school year. The staff is not all fully degreed/certified (the "librarian" was actually a preschool aide, for example), which contributes to the issue of not preparing the kids for what they will need to be successful in a more rigorous school environment. Some staff are not walking the Christian walk-Mrs. Turner, in particular.

Posted October 31, 2013

I LOVE this school. Teachers are awesome, Mrs Turner the principal is awesome, and all the staff members are Awesome. I have no regret sending my child to this school. She has learned so much and when she did have problems in Math tutoring helped and she was able to pull herself up in grade easily. As a parent, i have such ease leaving my child in the hands of these educators, which is great peace of mind. my child is beyond a public school 4th grader and that is such a great feeling knowing that the school teachers had everything to do with it. Extremly excited about this school. totally recommend this place.

Posted September 19, 2013

This is an excellent Christian School. We have been to both public and private schools and this is the best one. The academics prepare the students for college. The administration, staff and teachers are caring, creative, highly qualified and motivates students to do their best. My children go to this school and they are learning a lot, not just academics but also about respect, making good choices, and the Christian life.

Posted May 6, 2013

Both of my daughters use to go to this school for an elementary it is a great school but for a high school EVERYONE gets kicked out for the stupidest reasons. Mrs. Payne is a PAYNE in everyones butts!!! Someone really needs to do an investigation because they take our money then kick us out! Not fair at all! I'm suprised they still have a high school!

Posted August 31, 2012

CASA has been a tremendous asset in our children's education and spiritual acheivement. We explored many private schools but could find none that were truly promoted Christ's humility in addition to academic excellence. CASA is a shining light in the San Antonio Westside community. Both of our sons attend this school and God-willing, will graduate from there. Thank you, CASA! Ron Smeberg JD and Vanessa Smeberg MD

Posted December 6, 2010

This school is the best school ive ever been to.it is so awesome.I am a student here ive been here seven years since preK.This school is so awesome.

Posted April 15, 2010

I have strongly believed in this school since the day it opened till this very day.

Posted October 14, 2009

My son is in kinder this year. He went to CASA since last year as pre-k. He is so proud of his school. We like that he feels so happy to belong to a united school. The staff is really awesome and proper. Me and my husband are very happy with the teachings that they offer. He has learned so much in just these 2 years. I hope he stays at this school thru all his school years. We highly recommend this school.

Posted October 7, 2009

My child attended CASA for her PreK year and now attends for Kinder. CASA has been a huge blessing to our family. The teachers so far have been amazing, and the staff is very helpful as well. Great principal whenever you need to deal with her. I would recommend CASA to anyone in the SA area who wanted a private Christian school with affordable costs.

Posted January 23, 2009

I have a daughter who attends C.A.S.A. she started there in Pre-K and is now in the 1st grade. The teachers and staff are very friendly and are always there to help. Everyone there including parents are like a big family. Everyone knows everyone. Classes aren't that big so our children get the attention they need to succeed. C.A.S.A is the best choice I ever made to determine my childs future.

Posted August 17, 2008

C.A.S.A truly is a wonderful school. I was sad to leave this year because I have decided to stay at home with my children. The teachers really love the students and will do anything to help them succeed. The teachers work hard to ensure the children are motivated in their learning and are strong Christian role models. I will definitely go back and work there once my children are of school age and they will attend school there too. I recommend this school and encourage everyone to give them a chance. God bless you! :)
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 23, 2008

My daughter Felicity has attended CASA since first grade and she is now in second going on to third and this is the best thing I could have done for her. She loves this school, CASA has the best Christian environment, best understanding staff and challenging academics. CASA has many extra curricular activities and sports. I sure do travel a distance to school everyday but Felicity is recieving a great education and I will do all I can for her.

Posted September 13, 2006

'I am a student attend Christian Academy of San Antonio(C.A.S.A). I have been going to this school for four years and this is my 5th year. This is an excellent school. The teachers are involved and they love to help us in anyway they can. If we are having problems with anything no matter if it's not in school they will be there for us and listen to what we have to say. The discipline is excellent for us and it teaches us self-control and respect for our elders and for each other. Every teacher that teaches at C.A.S.A is a Christian. The school offers so many extra curricular activities whether it is sports, the drama club, music, or the National Juniors Honor Society (NJHS). I'm so glad that I decided to come to this school.
—Submitted by a student

Posted June 1, 2005

Im student attending here. And personally i enjoy coming to this school. Im going to be in the new High School that is being built. The parents are really involved in the school ( Parent Teacher Fellowship). There are sports, choir, and a whole bunch of stuff. I recommend this school who is living in San Antonio, Texas.
—Submitted by a student

Posted January 2, 2005

My son attended this school & loved it. He loved his 1st grade teacher so much!! I was so glad and felt good about leaving him there. But when he reached the 2nd grade, I believe that teacher he had was not well trained, and she would not properly convey what was going on in the classroom. Because of this, I didn't not know my child was having a problem until it was brought to the attention of the Vice-Principal. When a child is having a problem, you need to nip it in the bud and not wait till it's too late. I was told that medication could be the answer. Right now in a different school, he is doing wonderful, and is praised regularly on his behavior, for the amount of tution I was paying, you think I would have been given a better answer.

Posted October 7, 2004

My then kindergarten son chose CASA over his public school where he received speech services because, 'If this is where Jesus wants me to go, then this is where I want to go.' Now, as a third grade student, he has overcome his impediment and continues to excel academically. His choice has proven to be the best choice for our family. His sister joined him this year as a Pre-K student and his younger brother can't wait to join both siblings. Students are provided with a well-structured, disciplined, and safe Christ-centered learning environment. Administration, teachers, and staff are first-rate! Parents are not required to volunteer, but we do anyway. The campus is immaculate and well-kept. We're thrilled about the constuction that has begun on a new high school. The school has been a blessing to students and the community!

Asian 0% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Associations
  • ACSI
Fax number
  • (210) 436-2210

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious