River City Christian School

Private | 1-12

Living in San Antonio

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $137,800. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $730.

Sweep tile

Posted July 22, 2012

RCCS is a small, accredited private school that provides specialized academic support. The school s low teacher student ratio allows for a high degree of individualized attention. The school is very safe and students tend to be very welcoming of others. RCCS does not participate in the high-stress STAAR testing program. While alternate tests are administered, they are used to help gauge student progress and target assistance not to hold students back or categorize them. Many of the school s academic programs are self-paced, and allow students to advance based on their individual abilities. The school offers extensive extracurricular activities and is a member of the Texas Christian Athletic League for sport and fine art programs.

Posted September 21, 2010

Second Year and very pleased. Very impressed with the school so far. This is the second year for my son and he got into the school frame of mind very easily compared to the public school situation. I spent so much time fighting public school that it was cheaper to go here and I am more than pleased. Any comments about the grounds or buildings can be solved by parental involvement. I and other parents are doing what is possible to improve the site, but I would rather have an older school with money spent on students rather than a shiny fancy building that is all flash. They could have a lot more if they charged more, but that is what parents are for. Parents need to be involved with their school and give where they can. James

Posted September 18, 2008

My son attended RCCS for 5 years and thrived here. He came from a public school where he was constantly in trouble, struggling with grades, and severly depressed. The teachers and staff at RCCS helped him turn around and he gained so much self confidence. He became a straight A model student. I can't say enough good things about this school. It really changed our lives. These teachers really love their students. They love their jobs and it shows. I have never seen a better staff anywhere. I will never forget the impact this school had on us. It has been three years since my son attended and I still feel the same passion for this place!

Posted July 28, 2008

Well as the former second longest attending student at River City Christian School I think I would be able to tell you a lot about RCCS First of which any of these negative comments that I see below are all a load of crap. We at RCCS specialize in the education and betterment of students in a Christ centered, safe environment. Since our founding, 14 years ago, we have nourished all children and treated them with respect as individuals. Having been a student in attendance, and as the longest serving President of the Student Council, I can honestly say that RCCS has not only changed the lives of all students but has drastically changed mine. The love and affection given by the administration and faculty are astronomically out of this world. I graduated class Valedictorian of 2008, because of the challenges given to me and I am eternally grateful!! ~Charles Delgado~

Posted February 21, 2008

I love my school its the best place to be if you have a learning problems

Posted January 11, 2008

RCCS is awesome! My son went from struggling in Public School to excelling here. As a 9th grader, he absolutely refuses to even think of public HS (he had his choice at the end of 8th grade). He enjoys the sports programs where all kids count as equals and all the kids support each other. The teachers all know each child by name and the Principal believes in proaction rather than reaction. I even got a call first thing in the AM from him because he felt my son was not acting like himself. We conferred and he spoke with my boy. He ended up having a great day. The entire staff is accessible and bend over backwards to help all their children. These people do not have to work there, they want to work there. God bless RCCS!

Posted December 20, 2007

I was kicked out of one 'Christian' school, said to be hopeless and stupid. I graduated River City Christian Salutatorian in High School. The teachers stuck by my 100% of the way, and I have absolutely no regrets about going there whatsoever.

Posted May 8, 2007

Quality of academic programs is excellent and the School knows how to handle ADD; our son went from hating school to excelling in Academics and Sports including Science Fair Awards 3 years in a row, lettering in Football, Basketball, and Track; we are most appreciative of the efforts by all the Staff, Teachers, and Coaches for allowing our son to graduate with Honors and loving his time invested their; their highest award each year is 'Most Christlike' and that is something everyone should strive for - Thank you RCCS for all you accomplished in his Life! Parents are encouraged to get involved and it shows! To go from Public schools that cannot provide adequate education for kids with ADD and ADHD, to a Private School that excels and reaches out to each students with special needs is well worth your investment in your child's education and development as a person! Steve and Joyce

Posted January 10, 2007

It is a safe environment and the teachers/staff seem to really care about the students. Having Outreach Pediatric Therapy on-site is the best part of the school, along with Powerline/Math programs. The students are given the opportunity to participate in sports. The school concept is great but needs to be taken to the next level with certified teachers or at least a teachers with a background in special education/working with students with disabilities. The academics are way too low. RCCS could do a better job with seeking parent involvement. Also, instead of keeping the high school students away from the others, they could be used as mentors/big brother/big sisters to the middle/elementary students.

Posted October 30, 2006

After fighting all the battles inherent in the public school system for children with learning disabilities, we were very surprised to find that River City Christian School was actually able to 'deliver' on their promises for our son -- a child who battled ADD, Aspergers, Sensory Integration, and low self-esteem. The nearly 3 years we have been with the school have resulted in huge improvements in his educational levels, and helped to develop his social, psychological and community understanding. He feels loved and secure in this school's environment -- where every teacher knows every child by name. And he knows that no matter how he might mess up, the entire school will work with him to overcome the difficulty and provide him with all he needs to make success in life a realty. We love what our child is becoming and know that his future looks bright. Our thanks to RCCS.

Posted September 24, 2006

When I removed my son from public school, I was told by the principal that he would never be able to read or write. After three months at RCCS, he was reading and writing. The individualized education program really works. It is refreshing for my son to be at a school that teaches reading, writing, and arithmatic.

Posted August 23, 2006

We are thrilled with the progress our daughter has made at River City Christian School. The caring and supportive faculty and staff are responsible for the turn-around in her education. She enjoys learning for the first time in five years. The teachers know which modifications and methods will help a child with auditory processing disorder. They are flexible, dedicated, and spiritual in their encounters with students and parents. Our daughter excells in sports, and participates in volleyball, basketball, soccer, and track at school. Music, band, choir, art, and achievement skills are offered. At the high school level, if she chooses, she may take American Sign Language as her foreign language elective. The parents at this school are very involved with their children's education. Exceptional!

Posted August 3, 2006

I have to say I am very disappointed to see all of these negative comments about this school. I think credit is not being given where it rightfully should. My daughter started this school in the middle of her Kindergarten year, which can be hard for any child, especially a child with ADHD. Her transition was remarkable, she came from a Catholic Private school and was in trouble quite often. She just completed her first grade year with A honor roll and is excelling in everything she trys. Her teachers and the staff at River City have been great, my daughter is not just another student, when she walks in the door every morning she is greeted by everyone. This is an exceptionally wonderful school, and I highly recommend anyone who has a child with ADHD or ADD promblems to inquire further about this school. --Very pleased parent--

Posted July 24, 2006

The staff is not professional and lack in organinizing. They have too many rules for the middle and highschool and are to protective of them to where they dodnt have any freedom.I dont recommend this school to anyone!

Posted July 11, 2006

We enrolled our son 3 years ago. He could not read or write. He is now reading and writing and learning math. I believe the staff is wonderful and have been above and beyond supporting. We are very involved in the school through many areas. Involvement in the school is highly encouraged. Sports is a very strong part of the school regardless of the ability of the child . Everyone is given equal opportunity to participate. The school encourages every child to succeed in the classes. Teachers work one on one to help them. The child has to put in the effort also. The building has much character and filled with love from the office staff, teachers and administration. It is without a doubt a great place for children who get lost in the shuffle to come and exceed all of their expectations! I recommend this school highly!

Posted July 5, 2006

The school has greatly helped my daughter with her behavior,but not in the academic area.I love the fact that occupational therapy is on site.The look of the school is older,but charming.The parental involvement is directly related to the parents willing to be involved.I would reccomend the school.

Posted June 29, 2006

Academics are lacking, very far behind other schools. The children who can excel are not given the opportunity to do so, they are basically ignored. The do not offer hardly any extra curricular classes, no spanish, no computers and the appearance of the school is less than desirable. The level of parental involvement is not there because they are not kept in the loop unless your kids misbehaves. I was very disappointed and do not recommend this school to anyone. The office staff is lacking organization and professionalism as well.

Posted May 9, 2006

Very disorganized. Adminstrators very arrogant. Very disappointed in the manner the school is run. Teachers are great, but church adminstrator is lacking.

Asian 2% N/A

Specific academic themes or areas of focus
  • Special education
Specialized programs for specific types of special education students
  • Specific learning disabilities

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Specialized programs for specific types of special education students
  • Specific learning disabilities

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

5810 Blanco Rd