1-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Principal is very deceiving, he tells you one thing and they do another. They cover up any wrong they may do and try to make it look like the kids are at fault.

Develops character: Disagree

there are a few students who are honest, but the school in general does not promote much integrity.

RCCS is a small, accredited private school that provides specialized academic support. The school s low teacher student ratio allows for a high degree of individualized attention. The school is very safe and students tend to be very welcoming of others. RCCS does not participate in the high-stress STAAR testing program. While alternate tests are administered, they are used to help gauge student progress and target assistance not to hold students back or categorize them. Many of the school s academic programs are self-paced, and allow students to advance based on their individual abilities. The school offers extensive extracurricular activities and is a member of the Texas Christian Athletic League for sport and fine art programs.

Second Year and very pleased. Very impressed with the school so far. This is the second year for my son and he got into the school frame of mind very easily compared to the public school situation. I spent so much time fighting public school that it was cheaper to go here and I am more than pleased. Any comments about the grounds or buildings can be solved by parental involvement. I and other parents are doing what is possible to improve the site, but I would rather have an older school with money spent on students rather than a shiny fancy building that is all flash. They could have a lot more if they charged more, but that is what parents are for. Parents need to be involved with their school and give where they can. James

My son attended RCCS for 5 years and thrived here. He came from a public school where he was constantly in trouble, struggling with grades, and severly depressed. The teachers and staff at RCCS helped him turn around and he gained so much self confidence. He became a straight A model student. I can't say enough good things about this school. It really changed our lives. These teachers really love their students. They love their jobs and it shows. I have never seen a better staff anywhere. I will never forget the impact this school had on us. It has been three years since my son attended and I still feel the same passion for this place!

Well as the former second longest attending student at River City Christian School I think I would be able to tell you a lot about RCCS First of which any of these negative comments that I see below are all a load of crap. We at RCCS specialize in the education and betterment of students in a Christ centered, safe environment. Since our founding, 14 years ago, we have nourished all children and treated them with respect as individuals. Having been a student in attendance, and as the longest serving President of the Student Council, I can honestly say that RCCS has not only changed the lives of all students but has drastically changed mine. The love and affection given by the administration and faculty are astronomically out of this world. I graduated class Valedictorian of 2008, because of the challenges given to me and I am eternally grateful!! ~Charles Delgado~

I love my school its the best place to be if you have a learning problems

RCCS is awesome! My son went from struggling in Public School to excelling here. As a 9th grader, he absolutely refuses to even think of public HS (he had his choice at the end of 8th grade). He enjoys the sports programs where all kids count as equals and all the kids support each other. The teachers all know each child by name and the Principal believes in proaction rather than reaction. I even got a call first thing in the AM from him because he felt my son was not acting like himself. We conferred and he spoke with my boy. He ended up having a great day. The entire staff is accessible and bend over backwards to help all their children. These people do not have to work there, they want to work there. God bless RCCS!

I was kicked out of one 'Christian' school, said to be hopeless and stupid. I graduated River City Christian Salutatorian in High School. The teachers stuck by my 100% of the way, and I have absolutely no regrets about going there whatsoever.

Quality of academic programs is excellent and the School knows how to handle ADD; our son went from hating school to excelling in Academics and Sports including Science Fair Awards 3 years in a row, lettering in Football, Basketball, and Track; we are most appreciative of the efforts by all the Staff, Teachers, and Coaches for allowing our son to graduate with Honors and loving his time invested their; their highest award each year is 'Most Christlike' and that is something everyone should strive for - Thank you RCCS for all you accomplished in his Life! Parents are encouraged to get involved and it shows! To go from Public schools that cannot provide adequate education for kids with ADD and ADHD, to a Private School that excels and reaches out to each students with special needs is well worth your investment in your child's education and development as a person! Steve and Joyce

Last modified River City Christian School is a Private school that serves grades 1-12