San Antonio, TX
Students enrolled: 1,145
Before care: Yes

Posted January 15, 2014
Amazing school, great group of kids. The kids feel cared about and there are lots of activities to participate in!

San Antonio Christian High School 2

Posted December 01, 2013
San Antonio Christian Schools (SACS) is more of an elitist collection of schools parading under the term "Christian." The majority of the students are extremely critical and judgmental of those they deem "inferior" and the administration does nothing to help stop this. Most of the opportunities for school involvement listed on the school's website are highly fabricated and are no where to be found in the school. The choices for classes are slim and none; there are only two choices for foreign language: Spanish or Latin. Teachers seem to not be focused on teaching the students to the fullest extent and seem only focused on the idea of "square-filling"; that is, reaching a certain point in the textbook to say the students have learned enough when, in reality, the students are struggling to learn the unrealistically fast-paced concepts. In addition, I was told by the guidance counselor(s) that striving to become a future student of Harvard was a "stretch" and to hope for something more "realistic."

Posted May 23, 2013
Having graduated 2 of our children from SACS, with 3 more down the pipe and our family attending this school for 10 years, I can truly say that this is an excellent school! The faculty and staff truly follow our Lord's leading and the administrators are wonderful; they really care for the students. Many AP and Dual Credit courses have been added in the high school. Our daughters, now in college, were very well prepared, academically, for the universities. The teachers provide factual knowledge right along with direction from Truth from the Word. I love how they rely on the eternal wisdom of the Bible to guide their policies, not to cultural mores of society. Well worth the investment!!!

San Antonio Christian High School 2

Posted May 21, 2013
I sent both of my children here from elementary to middle school but decided to pull them out after 8th. This school has little AP and no dual credit. Both of my children went on to excellent schools having accumulated 2 full semesters worth of college credit that they would simply would not have been able to do at SACS (which saves money). Most of the parents and teachers I had come in contact with had been wonderful, caring people. But be warned, this school is extremely religious and with that they pack on the judgement. I was disgusted at their refusal to let a woman parent on the Board of Trustees because of some Bible verse claiming that women are subservient and men should be in leadership positions. This is the twenty-first century and the message that sent to my daughter was unacceptable and was one of the contributing factors as to why I withdrew them. Many wives stay home at this school and I watched as they judged the women who worked, were single parents, or divorced. The teachers also teach more Biblical science as opposed to factual science and openly assert in class that the Republican party is correct, as opposed to giving the kids the facts and letting them decide

San Antonio Christian High School 1

Posted April 08, 2009

Posted December 14, 2008

Posted May 07, 2008
Both of my children attended SACS K-12. The oldest is a freshman in college and the youngest is getting ready to graduate. It has been a great experience. I am continually amazed at their spritual maturity. Their knowledge of truth and their solid belief in the Bible is worth every penny. Academically they have received a great education as well. My older child was accepted into a very competative college and has done well her first year. No school is perfect but overall this school's heart is in the right place!

Posted August 08, 2007
I graduated from SACS in 2004 and am beginning my senior year of college at the University of North Texas. I started at SACS as a junior in high school, and was quickly accepted by the faculty and my peers. I was amazed at the menoring relationships formed between the students and teachers. I doubt there are many schools where the bond is so sincere and so deep. Academically, this school is stellar, and I can attest that I was fully prepared (even OVERprepared) for college. I felt that my senior year at SACS was even harder than my first year at a university. I played soccer, sang in the praise band and served on student council while at SACS--all activities that allowed me to be ahead of the game when applying for college. SACS is an amazing school, and it's paying dividends in my life today.

Posted June 14, 2006
Teachers are very involved with students. The teacher/student ratio is low. There are many speciality classes from Kinder on,i.e, Art, Spanish, Computer, Physical Education, Music. Well rounded school...

Posted May 13, 2006
The academics at SACS are difficult but they really do serve the school well. The integration of the Bible into the school ciriculum is outstanding and has really helped my spiritual growth. There are a wide range of extra-cirricular activities. SACS regualarly takes district titles. This year saw SACS recieve two state titles, one in soccer and one in Newspaper. The parent involvement at this school is amazing. This review was written by a junior at SA Christian High School.

San Antonio Christian High School
19202 Redland Road, San Antonio, TX  78259
Last modified San Antonio Christian High School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
San Antonio Christian High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top