Posted August 07, 2013
I need to say KIPP Aspire is not for the faint of heart, it is for those that understand that education is one of the key to success in life. Yes, it's challenging for both the student and parent, but the commitment from the school staff (office workers AND teachers) makes it all worth it. Ms. Elizabeth in the front office is always kind and on top of things. Some people think this school is "strict", but in my opinion it is that they expect accountability; from the students the parents and themselves. I can't say enough about how happy we ( including my daughter) are that we found out about KIPP

Posted September 12, 2012
Great school in San Antonio. Teaches life skills, character development, and all required academic standards from the state. The teachers visit every house before the student enrolls to welcome the student and answer any questions parents or students have about the school. They communicate weekly with parents on a paycheck, 3 weeks for progress reports, and 9 weeks for report cards. In addition, the administrators and teachers give cell phone numbers to all parents and students. I LOVE KIPP and the education it has to offer to the children of San Antonio!

Posted July 11, 2011
My two daughters attend KIPP ASPIRE ACADEMY. They love the fact that they are treated like human beings. Yes, they can be very strict and have many rules, however, the "real world" is lead by many rules that we must follow as productive citizens. It takes a lot of work and teamwork from the teachers, students, administration and parents to make this school work. This is not your typical public school, where you drop off your kid in the morning and pick them up in the afternoon and never know how they are doing in school because the teachers are so overwhelmed with so many kids. A typical middle school has over 900-1200 children attending. KIPP ASPIRE ACADEMY HAS A LITTLE LESS THAN 500, so you better believe that the majority of the teachers know your kids by name. I love that my kids attend this wonderful school.

Kipp Aspire Academy 1

Posted September 17, 2010
I heard all the rave about how great KIPP is and even Oprah loved it, what they didn't say is that they try to run your kid into the ground and lower self esteem! I enrolled my two sons in the program thinking this is going to be a great experience for them and they will walk away with the tools they need to succeed in middle school and high school. Worse mistake I have made for my kids. They would come home exhausted and almost in tears, the school treated them like they were in military boot camp. And yes I did hear about this work bench that they were always in because the homework they turned in wasn't perfect (ex: My son did not capitalize a subject in his heading) thats a little harsh, also the staff was very unprofessional...want to know more contact me arendon at yahoo.com

Posted September 09, 2010
I just read some of the review othe parents have posted.. wish there was a way to comment on each. My kids have been at KIPP for 2 yrs and I love it. A parent mentioned that there is no communication with the teachers.. that is a lie. Weekly kids get a "paycheck" that is a way to know how your kid is doing. Take responsability people.. if you have a concern call the teacher!! Everyone is provided with each teachers cell number so THERE ARE NO EXCUSES!! Dnt bad mouth KIPP if your not willing to put the work into helping with your child. It starts at home! Try going to a parent meeting once in a while.. they are held monthly!!

Kipp Aspire Academy 4

Posted May 04, 2010
hi first i want to thank all the teachers and staffat kipp aspire for all of thier hard work and dedication,towards our children.It was a very hard decision for me to send my daughter here,.to kipp. after allthe research i did i decided it was best to get my daughter out of her comfort zone and try something new. her grades at her old were not A's nor B's. but she was comfortable with all the extra curriculum classes she had. now she has A-B honor roll. At her old school she wanted so badly to make the principle list, and she never did. Now she says This is better than her old school, The teacher love her and all of them, she never misses a day and never wants me to pull out early .thank you kipp ....

Kipp Aspire Academy 3

Posted April 13, 2010
My son started st KIPP this school year. We were very excited about all of the opportunities it offered. He was enrolled in Soccer at the start of the school year and was transferred out within a week due to overcrowding, He has tried top participate in various activities but has been dropped or moved due to overcrowding. The lockers do not have locks and he has had school supplies, electronics and other materials stolen from him on multiple occassions. Academically the techers appear committed to the students. He has learned a great deal and the school structure has helped him to excel.

Kipp Aspire Academy 4

Posted April 12, 2010
i have two of my kids there the school is very good but i do think they need more communication with the parents they have to stick to the rules they have and not change then every once in a while

Kipp Aspire Academy 0

Posted March 05, 2010
The teachers are very hard working , but the school has very little if any curriculum technology for students and has 28 to 30 students per class. The administration expects the culture to be enforced by the teachers who are over worked and consistently hires non-Texas certified teachers who lack the training in Texas expectations for curriculum. Again...the teachers work very hard for the students, but the administration is pathetic!

Kipp Aspire Academy 0

Posted January 14, 2010
Both of my children attend Kipp and I am very satisfied with their achievements. The school is very strict and they really push your child to do their best. If the parents are really interested in their childs education then this is the school for you. I am able to call my childrens teachers as late as 9:00 at night to check on any situations and questions. The children are taught more then the TAKS here... Kipp all the way...

Kipp Aspire Academy
731 Fredericksburg Road, San Antonio, TX  78229
Last modified Kipp Aspire Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kipp Aspire Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top