Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted December 08, 2015
No one here knows math, history, cursive, nor the latest technology, much less how to teach these subjects. And did I mention that NO ONE HERE KNOWS MATH? I'll say it just one more time - no one here knows how to teach math. It's really, really frustrating. However, the people who staff this school are generally very nice and friendly.

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted November 06, 2015
There are some teachers who are professionals above reproach while some should be retrained or dismissed.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted November 06, 2015
I have personally witnessed incidents of racism, bullying and favoritism either get ignored or not appropriately addressed.

Posted November 06, 2015
I am not from Texas (originally from New Jersey) and I have had children in this school since 2011. As time passes I am starting to understand why my neighbors have always expressed sympathy for my children having to attend this school. Some of the teachers are pathetic yet they complain about the parents not caring. The biggest disappointment is the principal who struts around like she's a gift to the school but, her condescending attitude along with with her obvious inexperience makes her seem like a cowardly buffoon.

Steubing Ranch Elementary School 1

Posted June 07, 2014
Talking with the principle of the school about an issue was pointless... She did not listen to you to understand. She listened to you to reply...

Steubing Ranch Elementary School 5

Posted June 06, 2013
Today my son graduated from the 1st grade! It was an outstanding year for our son and our family! His teacher was Mrs. Vava Terhune. Besides being a professional and experienced teacher she was a WONDERFUL HUMAN BEING. She is someone who you can trust your priceless treasure with, your child! She did not just teach her students the meaning of the words: compassion, responsibility, respect, giving, self-discipline, perseverance and honesty... She showed by her daily actions how to be a good person! She had high level of communication ethics with her students and their parents. She would help her students with anything they needed regardless of her responsibility as a teacher. May god protect her and her wonderful family the way she protected her students and my son! Don't just give Mrs. Terhune 5 stars, give her all the stars from the whole school!!

Steubing Ranch Elementary School 5

Posted August 03, 2012
After reading some unfortunate reviews, I wanted to share my experience with Steubing Ranch Elementary to help show that one bad apple does no spoil the whole bunch! My daughter started in kinder last year and had a wonderful and kind teacher who helped her in her first few weeks when she had a very hard time transitioning into a full day away from home. My child is gifted, and her teacher worked with us to determine the best options for her. She even offered to give my daughter special roles inside the classroom (much after the Montessori style) to challenge her, but let her stay with the children she knew. In the end, we chose to bump her to 1st grade, and the counselors and staff were very helpful. Her new teacher was amazing as well, and she was allowed to go back to her K class on fridays to read to her friends and help the teacher. They sent her to 2nd grade for math in order to be challenged, and the librarian devised a special group for her and other students where they could go and discuss books and learn how to conduct research. Everyday I would see the Principal out front greeting us, and the staff are very friendly and loving to the children. I love SRE!

Posted January 14, 2012
I'm not very happy with my child's Kindergarden teacher. However, I decided to give her another chance... She needs more experience and more honesty. Good luck to her.

Steubing Ranch Elementary School 4

Posted December 10, 2010
We have been very happy with Steubing Ranch. The principal obviously loves every one of her students. There is great parent involvement also. We school choiced our child into this school to be a part of the dual language program and it's the best decision we've ever made. Some older reviews of the KIN program made me hesitant to try it, but I have been very happy with the KIN program as well. Apparently something has changed since the disorganization parents referred to a few years ago. Now the program is exceptionally well run. My one complaint about the school is the lack of information online. The school's website has minimal info and some of the teachers have not updated their classroom webpage since last year. If I had to choose between an updated website and a lesser school, I would pick Steubing Ranch in a second!

Steubing Ranch Elementary School 2

Posted August 16, 2010
We were not happy at Steubing Ranch. I am really shocked by the overall good rating. The principal was NEVER around and the teacher was in over her head. On occation, she would tell the class to "Shut-up" and "Ya'll are the worst class". Totally inappropriate. We left shortly after.

5100 Knoll Creek Drive, San Antonio, TX  78247
Last modified Steubing Ranch Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Steubing Ranch Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top