Steubing Ranch Elementary School 1

Posted June 07, 2014
Talking with the principle of the school about an issue was pointless... She did not listen to you to understand. She listened to you to reply...

Posted June 06, 2013
Today my son graduated from the 1st grade! It was an outstanding year for our son and our family! His teacher was Mrs. Vava Terhune. Besides being a professional and experienced teacher she was a WONDERFUL HUMAN BEING. She is someone who you can trust your priceless treasure with, your child! She did not just teach her students the meaning of the words: compassion, responsibility, respect, giving, self-discipline, perseverance and honesty... She showed by her daily actions how to be a good person! She had high level of communication ethics with her students and their parents. She would help her students with anything they needed regardless of her responsibility as a teacher. May god protect her and her wonderful family the way she protected her students and my son! Don't just give Mrs. Terhune 5 stars, give her all the stars from the whole school!!

Posted August 03, 2012
After reading some unfortunate reviews, I wanted to share my experience with Steubing Ranch Elementary to help show that one bad apple does no spoil the whole bunch! My daughter started in kinder last year and had a wonderful and kind teacher who helped her in her first few weeks when she had a very hard time transitioning into a full day away from home. My child is gifted, and her teacher worked with us to determine the best options for her. She even offered to give my daughter special roles inside the classroom (much after the Montessori style) to challenge her, but let her stay with the children she knew. In the end, we chose to bump her to 1st grade, and the counselors and staff were very helpful. Her new teacher was amazing as well, and she was allowed to go back to her K class on fridays to read to her friends and help the teacher. They sent her to 2nd grade for math in order to be challenged, and the librarian devised a special group for her and other students where they could go and discuss books and learn how to conduct research. Everyday I would see the Principal out front greeting us, and the staff are very friendly and loving to the children. I love SRE!

Steubing Ranch Elementary School 3

Posted January 14, 2012
I'm not very happy with my child's Kindergarden teacher. However, I decided to give her another chance... She needs more experience and more honesty. Good luck to her.

Steubing Ranch Elementary School 4

Posted December 10, 2010
We have been very happy with Steubing Ranch. The principal obviously loves every one of her students. There is great parent involvement also. We school choiced our child into this school to be a part of the dual language program and it's the best decision we've ever made. Some older reviews of the KIN program made me hesitant to try it, but I have been very happy with the KIN program as well. Apparently something has changed since the disorganization parents referred to a few years ago. Now the program is exceptionally well run. My one complaint about the school is the lack of information online. The school's website has minimal info and some of the teachers have not updated their classroom webpage since last year. If I had to choose between an updated website and a lesser school, I would pick Steubing Ranch in a second!

Steubing Ranch Elementary School 2

Posted August 16, 2010
We were not happy at Steubing Ranch. I am really shocked by the overall good rating. The principal was NEVER around and the teacher was in over her head. On occation, she would tell the class to "Shut-up" and "Ya'll are the worst class". Totally inappropriate. We left shortly after.

Posted April 06, 2010
I have nothing to say but good things about this school. My son has special needs and school is offering him the resources for him to be able to succeed; he is on regular classes and is progressing as expected. Teacher-student ratio is small which makes learning easer. Everyone who works in the school is very nice; it has great leadership. I will have to say that Ms Langford (K) has been a blessing to our home, and we will miss her. We are a military family and we are soon to move; I am certaintly using this school as the standard to compare.

Posted August 21, 2009
Mrs. Jones is a grear sub-teacher her bilingual experience has helped my children alot both in english and spanish! what a great sub, she is one to admire

Posted April 13, 2009
I absolutely love this school! My two children are completely opposite - one is gifted while the other is on the autism spectrum. The teachers and principal here are absolutely fantastic at treating them both with respect and meeting their individual needs. It's refreshing to be at a school where the staff truly loves what they do and your children.

Posted February 23, 2009
This is a great school. My child has learned so much and she is in only in kinder. She knows her continents! I did not learn this until 4th grade I think! Her confidence has blossomed along with the academics. She has Ms. Kesselring and she is great. I have also observed several other teachers in the school and they are great too. They are the cream of the crop!

Steubing Ranch Elementary School
5100 Knoll Creek, San Antonio, TX  78247
Last modified Steubing Ranch Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Steubing Ranch Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top