Posted November 11, 2013
Oh my goodness! This school is amazing and we are so fortunate for him to be able to attend here. We moved from out of state for another child to attend Sunshine Cottage School for the deaf, but brother deserved a good school too, and he really has it here. Everyone from bottom to top is doing what is needed to make education work for each student, and I could not ask for more. A very expensive private school could not do better. Thank you for all you do for the children and their families!

Wilderness Oak Elementary School 3

Posted March 06, 2012
My child was miserable here. Lack of friendliness from majority of the parents and a couple of ladies in the front office. Too hung up on status. And be prepared to have those checkbooks open for their endless fundraisers and donation requests. A typical public school focused more on the TAKS/STARR, than the student. Nothing fun and exciting about WO. Plus, managing morning traffic is greatly needed. They would rather hand out numerous tardy slips on a daily basis than figure out how to elevate it. I also believe that the teachers need a course in patience. But, I was pleased with the curriculum, the principal's attentiveness towards parents' concerns, methods of constant parent communication, my child's counselor, the students are well behaved, and it is in the NEISD school which I would prefer over any other district in SA.

Posted July 29, 2010
We moved here from the east coast last year. Our son was just entering kindergarten and I relied heavily on Greatschools.net to help me figure out the schools and also to help me decide where I wanted to purchase a home. My son had been diagnosed with ADHD before we got here. He does not take medication, but we modify his diet. As soon as we enrolled we met with their staff to discuss any special needs my son had. His kindergarten teacher was wonderful, but I also got the same feedback about all the teachers! Parents seem very pleased, students seem very happy. My son loved his first year there. He is looking forward to 1st grade! Great school...

Posted July 08, 2010
WOE is awesome. Both our boys loved learning and attending the school. Ms. Jensen rocks - sets the tone of enthusiatic and competent leadership in a big diverse elementary - over 1300 kids, looks like the united nations. Ms. colon was fantastic, our son respected and admired her. You would be lucky to have your child attend WOE.

Posted March 28, 2009

Posted March 27, 2009
Coming from an affluent northeast suburb we didn't know what to expect from Texas schools. However, nothing but the highest marks for WOE. Our daughter's teacher Mr. Merrill is the best and is very innovative, engaging and passionate about cultivating the young minds of his students. I feel he represents the caliber of the administration and other teachers. The facility is well kept, the kids are safe, and there are many activities for them to involve themselves. Parents are encouraged to visit at any time and eat lunch with the students. Accountability, and self-responsibility are promoted at all grades. School spirit is high.

Wilderness Oak Elementary School 0

Posted August 01, 2008
My daughter just finished 5th grade at WO, and it was overall a positive experience. She loved participating in the music program at the school (orchestra and STOMP). Her teachers in 4th and 5th were both wonderful and creative. I was surprised at how much she learned in the Core Knowledge social studies units - we visited ruins in Mexico and she gave us a lot of detailed info on the ancient Mayans! The staff at the school and PTA made an extra effort to make 5th grade a very special year for all involved. We will miss WO!

Posted January 11, 2008

Posted September 23, 2007
- a administrator
I am very impressed with this school. This is my child's first year at WO and he is enjoying himself. He comes home everyday with something new that he has learned. He has even learned some spanish. I give this school an A+

Posted September 18, 2007
Wilderness Oak is an excellent school! The principal, Jane Jensen, is a great leader and motivator. Her staff excels under her leadership and the children love her. The education is well above average. We recently left Texas and were sorry to have to leave Wilderness Oak behind. My child has a love for learning thanks to the great education she received while she was there.

Wilderness Oak Elementary School
21019 Wilderness Oak, San Antonio, TX  78258
Last modified Wilderness Oak Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wilderness Oak Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top