Public charter
San Antonio, TX

Posted May 06, 2015
This school does nothing about bullying and try to put it aside.!!! They are cheap & dont do much stuff for Middle school i am an 8th grader here and trust me this IS MY LAST YEAR HERE!!!

Posted April 01, 2015
Too much bullying, the teachers do nothing, and the school likes to try and hide it. Although, there are good aspects, like the Turkish and Russian classes, but that doesn't make the school the most ideal place to send a kid.
8 people found this helpful

School Of Science And Technology 4

Posted February 26, 2015
I definitely agree with reviewers who note the rudeness of the office staff, but that's only worth one star. The administrative and teaching staff could use some coaching on parent communication, and following through on their "home visit" service they tout so much. However, I have found the teachers to be willing to work with me as a parent, and I have no problem with the quality of instruction. My child has been in a private religious school, public middle school in a large well-regarded school district, and at this public charter. So I feel I have a balanced realistic expectation about Texas education. This school has limitations I would like to see being addressed: extracurriculars for sure, of all kinds--sports, music, academic, and social. Fundraising alone is insufficient as a student activity. But having said all that, if access to tutoring is more important to you than football, marching band, or UIL, this place might be a fir for your family.

Posted January 07, 2015
SST-SA has been described by students as a small school with a big heart . This school works toward college readiness and closing gaps through a learner centered approach that places high expectations on ALL students and then supports those students. SST's continuous improvement model relies on data to determine what is/not working. In the 5 years that the school has had small graduating classes (around 30 students each), students have been accepted to some of the finest and most prestigious universities in the country (e.g. MIT, U.S Naval Academy, UT, A&M, Carnegie Mellon, Columbia, Drexel, Brandeis, Notre Dame, U.S. Air Force Academy, etc.)! SST has a team of counselors that focus on getting students into college and getting scholarships. Each year our small graduating classes have raised MILLIONS of dollars in scholarship monies. Last year SST-SA graduated 30 seniors and between them they raised OVER FIVE MILLION DOLLARS! The culture and climate of the school are amazing and give the school more the feel of a family than a collection of students, teachers, and staff.
5 people found this helpful

School Of Science And Technology 2

Posted May 27, 2014
I don't care for the school my daughter has gone there for three years, she will not be going any longer, the office staff is rude, lost paperwork,can never see the administration even if you make an appt...use this school only as a last resource.
3 people found this helpful

Posted May 21, 2014
My child attended this school for 6 years: from the day it first opened until he graduated high school. This is a great school. Their teachers are given the freedom to teach, the principal is given the responsibility to discipline, and the parents are almost required to be involved in the education of their children. This school is what the public schools used to be like before. If you want your child to learn and be taught, put in an application for THIS school They teach your children on the academic level they are, not at the academic level of the child who needs the most help. The help for those students are given on a one-on-basis. You don't hold an entire class behind for one student; you bring that student up the to speed individually. Thank you SST! A proud parent of a graduated SST student!
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 21, 2014
This is not a good school. They do not care about their students. Extremely disorganized.
4 people found this helpful

Posted April 03, 2014
I have the privilege to be able to say that whomever had this dream to make it come true thru this type of school deserves my utmost respect. I have been blessed to raise another child since one is 21yrs and the other is 8yrs. My son began his 3rd grade year here at the School of Science and Technology, and I couldn't be more proud of his success compared to NSISD. He now can finally be the outstanding child with his most beautiful minf that this school has brought out and complements him in his everyday life experiences, in which I can only imagine where his future will lead him due to the entire structure of this school. I am ecstatic that my son was picked and we will do whatever it takes to help the school help him reached for the stars. Thank you.
2 people found this helpful

Posted March 07, 2014
I currently have a 10th grader and a 7th grader at SST and my daughter will be starting as a 6th grader in the Fall. Both of my boys have done very well at SST and have been at SST since they were each in the 6th grade. I appreciate the hard work and diligence of all the teaching staff. I choose to drive my children almost an hour each way to SST because I know it is the best school for them. SST focuses on academics and preparing for college. There is never a question that they will go to college - the only question is What college will they attend? I do think that the administrative aspect of the school is somewhat lacking but the superior education and dedication of the teachers makes putting up with the office chaos worth it in my opinion. I have 3 very intelligent children, we live in NISD-supposedly one of the best school districts - and I still choose to send them to SST year after year.
3 people found this helpful

School Of Science And Technology 4

Posted August 24, 2013
My granddaughter is new to SST. After three days there she has only glowing reviews for the educational atmosphere and the teachers and student who sre there to learn. I have a very good feeling about her next five years at this school and look forward to her weekly reports.

School Of Science And Technology
1450 Northeast Interstate 410 Loop, San Antonio, TX  78209
Last modified School Of Science And Technology is a Charter school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
School Of Science And Technology Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top