School Of Science And Technology 1

Posted November 07, 2014
Rude office staff, substandard library, too few extracurriculars, and unresponsive administration. Parent communication through their online system is consistently out of date. Discipline system is sub-optimal to say the least. Very uneven teacher experience.

School Of Science And Technology 2

Posted May 27, 2014
I don't care for the school my daughter has gone there for three years, she will not be going any longer, the office staff is rude, lost paperwork,can never see the administration even if you make an appt...use this school only as a last resource.

Posted May 21, 2014
My child attended this school for 6 years: from the day it first opened until he graduated high school. This is a great school. Their teachers are given the freedom to teach, the principal is given the responsibility to discipline, and the parents are almost required to be involved in the education of their children. This school is what the public schools used to be like before. If you want your child to learn and be taught, put in an application for THIS school They teach your children on the academic level they are, not at the academic level of the child who needs the most help. The help for those students are given on a one-on-basis. You don't hold an entire class behind for one student; you bring that student up the to speed individually. Thank you SST! A proud parent of a graduated SST student!

School Of Science And Technology 1

Posted April 21, 2014
This is not a good school. They do not care about their students. Extremely disorganized.

Posted April 03, 2014
I have the privilege to be able to say that whomever had this dream to make it come true thru this type of school deserves my utmost respect. I have been blessed to raise another child since one is 21yrs and the other is 8yrs. My son began his 3rd grade year here at the School of Science and Technology, and I couldn't be more proud of his success compared to NSISD. He now can finally be the outstanding child with his most beautiful minf that this school has brought out and complements him in his everyday life experiences, in which I can only imagine where his future will lead him due to the entire structure of this school. I am ecstatic that my son was picked and we will do whatever it takes to help the school help him reached for the stars. Thank you.

Posted March 07, 2014
I currently have a 10th grader and a 7th grader at SST and my daughter will be starting as a 6th grader in the Fall. Both of my boys have done very well at SST and have been at SST since they were each in the 6th grade. I appreciate the hard work and diligence of all the teaching staff. I choose to drive my children almost an hour each way to SST because I know it is the best school for them. SST focuses on academics and preparing for college. There is never a question that they will go to college - the only question is What college will they attend? I do think that the administrative aspect of the school is somewhat lacking but the superior education and dedication of the teachers makes putting up with the office chaos worth it in my opinion. I have 3 very intelligent children, we live in NISD-supposedly one of the best school districts - and I still choose to send them to SST year after year.

School Of Science And Technology 4

Posted August 24, 2013
My granddaughter is new to SST. After three days there she has only glowing reviews for the educational atmosphere and the teachers and student who sre there to learn. I have a very good feeling about her next five years at this school and look forward to her weekly reports.

Posted August 22, 2013
There are many concerns with the post from August 21, 2013. We acknowledge that there may have been some issues with the school this particular student attended yesterday; however, we do not believe this comment is about the School of Science and Technology (SST) for various reasons. First of all, our uniform shirts are not sold for $15. Secondly, we cannot kick out a student (although we do expel students from time to time as a result of discipline issues). Most importantly, our faculty and staff go above and beyond to make sure that the needs of all of our students are met and we do have a contracted Counselor who works with our students. And to address the last concern, we do have a nurse s office and have had one since our school opened in 2005. We kindly ask that these comments be addressed with the correct school, as there are several schools with very similar names.

Posted May 15, 2013
I have three students in the School of Science and Technology (SST) now. I have a child who graduated last year after attending SST from 6th thru 12th grades. My child just finished the freshman year at a local university with a 3.53 GPA. SST is a great school and I cannot believe the comments by some parents and one student. The parent who states that SST "has no clue" has been rating the school the same way for 5 or 6 years since her son could not make it at SST. She is the one without a clue about the school. The writer who says he/she is an ex-teacher could not have taught at SST or he/she would not have rated it the way he/she did. He/she is probably an ex many things because he/she cannot succeed in any position. Please note that the raters who are uneducated (cannot write well or spell correctly) are the ones who rated the school other than the excellent learning facility it is. The "student" who rated it did not attend SST or attended it for a short time. SST students write much better than that. If any student or parent is considering attendance at SST, then please ignore the negative and untrue comments. SST is an excellent school with ouystanding afculty and students.

School Of Science And Technology 3

Posted May 02, 2013
As a graduate of SST in 2012, there are many flaws within the school, especially in the administration. They focus more on having their school look amazing, rather than focusing on having their students excel. During my high school years there,due to the numerous mock TAKS, and now STAAR testing they implement, those who took an AP Class(es) suffered the most for losing class time to participate in mock testing. However, the teacher staff is superb. I can not say though its the same for all the staff, however the teachers I had were amazing in wanting us to excel and do well in school, and life. There is is a strong language/cultural barrier, and I wasn't too exposed to it due to having mostly teachers that were native English speakers. However, because of them it made the last four years worth going to the school.

School Of Science And Technology
1450 Northeast Interstate 410 Loop, San Antonio, TX  78209
Last modified School Of Science And Technology is a Charter school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
School Of Science And Technology Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top