San Antonio, TX
Before care: Yes

Posted April 19, 2014
Mission Academy is a school that has come along way. I look forward to this school continuing to grow as the years progress. This school is small and I feel my child gets a lot of one on one interaction.

Posted February 14, 2014
This school has the least hands on principle I've ever seen 2014. If you have any concerns don't expect the principal do anything or respond to your emails. There are no sports activities at this school even though they have a gym, baseball field, and track. If you want your kids to play sports they have to play for another school. Apparently there is no dress code for teachers. There are many dressed inappropriate and are allowed to have shockingly unnatural hair color. That's really not a great role model for young impressionable kids. Also be prepared for recurring hair in food or even frozen lasagna. This school staff lacks professional personality and more than that a leader.

Posted January 13, 2014
This school is not family friendly! No parent participation allowed during Christmas activities was a real bummer. You got to watch out on the activities they advertise as "family fun" 9 times out of 10 the activity is dull and lacking for the entire family. My daughter has seen a sub more this year than her own teacher. When I went for a conference she could not even get off of her phone long enough to take care of a simple concern. During her updating her Facebook status she informed me that she was trying to have a baby!!! Not to be rude or anything I personally did not want to know that. My daughter was the issue not the teachers sex life! This school would be last choice if I had to choose again. Thank goodness we are moving out of state soon. The only pro to this school is the building itself!

Posted September 27, 2013
The faculty is structured and intelligent. The counselor is very active with student s during iplay. The library needs an upbeat theme but all in all great school for learning.

Posted August 15, 2012
I myself have been in search of a new school. I truly hope that this year will be different with a new princiapal and new vice principal. I hope that this year the school will focus on the children's academic teachings rather than fundraising. I am do happy the bold principal has left I found her very rude and cruel to the kids. I also hope that teachers have matured as well and will be held accountable for their actions. Last year there was an incident where a teacher physically approached my child and all tha was done was my child got repremanded instead. Brooks Is another option but after reading the reviews it sounds scary. And Connell is not an option either.

Posted December 25, 2011
The Principal is a very rude and unfriendly person. I'm feel so unwelcomed when I step foot into Mission Academy. I live so close, I hate to think I have to do research and find a better school for my children that is not as close as Mission Academy is to my house. This Principal leadership style is terrible and she needs to be retrained or replaced ASAP. I'm pulling out my five students next school year.

Mission Academy 4

Posted September 05, 2011
my children r a product of saisd and already enroll at one of our best private universities here in san antonio texas, be positive for ur children get involve is ur best tool at the school plz dont post negative comment remember r children will be wat example they see on us as a parent. if ur not satisfied move to another.

Posted August 17, 2011
Outstanding School, this public school has earned 2 Recognized and 1 Exemplary status in the past 3 years of existence. Teachers are outstanding and the principal is outstanding.

Posted August 11, 2011
It is sad that we live so close to the school that I have to take my kids to another school. Principal is not polite, she does not know how to treat people, just the ones she really knows. Teachers do not care either about students, there is not control with older students. Teachers just care to teach basic stuff and not encourage them to do more and to learn more. I called school to let them know that my soon will not attend mission academy anymore, they said that I have to fill out paperwork to withdrawn him from school, so I went to the school at the registration day to do the paperwork and the lady said that I do not need to do anything, she does not even know who was my son's teacher when I mentioned. Staff is always busy doing fundraisers rather than pay attention of what they need to do.

Posted May 25, 2011
This is a horrible school. The Principal does not care about her children especially the older kids. The kids get no incentives for doing good for anything (Awards) until finally now at the end of the year shes finally doing something. She is a very rude lady except to her favorite people. This school needs someone with experience for little and older children, especially someone who knows how to handle the older and show them discipline and how to act with smaller kids around. Older children will be cussing in hallways and hugging each other. Will not send my children here next year, I'd rather pay to send them somewhere else.

Mission Academy
9210 South Presa Street, San Antonio, TX  78223
Last modified Mission Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mission Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top