Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Mission Academy 5

Posted March 03, 2016
Mission Academy is a school that has come along way. I look forward to this school continuing to grow as the years progress. This school is small and I feel my child gets a lot of one on one interaction. A number of parents have tattoos and/or colored hair etc, no one is singled out or treated differently bases on this because they are adults not children. In such a diverse community it seems wrong to criticize another adult over the color of their hair.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted March 03, 2016
for all their hard work, they do providing fun things like cowboy breakfast, movie nights, literacy night etc.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted March 03, 2016
The school has a few slacks but the majority are really good. I can't think of a campus where everyone is perfect.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted March 03, 2016
I feel homework packets should be sent home during the breaks, to keep the information fresh in kids heads.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted March 03, 2016
Yes, I believe student are pushed to their potential. I even believe more should be expected of them. I want my kids to get the best education.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted March 03, 2016
I feel not all the teachers treat student with the best respect but it is getting there. For the most part they are professional.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted March 03, 2016
Students are treated fairly and on an individual bases just as it should be. As every child and situation is different.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted March 03, 2016
If you need help just ask someone always calls me back and assist me with whatever I need. I always feel welcome

Mission Academy 1

Posted September 03, 2015
This by far has to be the worst school I have ever encountered. It is not parent friendly at all. The majority of the staff needs a serious attitude adjustment. Most are too old and grouchy to be dealing with young children. Especially the heavy set old man who acts as the crossguard and the rest of the volunteers that are at the entrance in the mornings. The principal does not seem to want to be bothered with any of the parents concerns. In the mornings I am expected to just drop my 4 YEAR OLD daughter off at the crosswalk and just pray that she finds her way to her classroom safely. I was told there would be someone to guide her every morning but have come to find through a family friend who works there that this is not true. I have seen several other parents share my same concern for their children but the principal does not want to hear it. She wants to enforce the same policies on 4-5 year olds as she does on 8th grade students. Which in my opinion is truly ridiculous. Children that young can get lost and easily walk out through one of the many exits, especially since there is not enough supervision in the hallways. In the afternoons, pick up is terribly chaotic. On top of taking nearly half an hour just to be able to get my daughter, I have had my child handed to the wrong parent twice in less than a week. They don't even look back, they just bring the child out the gate and go back in without taking a second glance. They have so many volunteers in the morning and afternoon making sure parents don't park in certain areas. Instead of focusing so much on parking, they should focus on organization and safety of the students. This whole school is a joke, it is such a shame being that the building itself is very nice. Needless to say I am actively searching for a new school for my daughter.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted September 03, 2015
It is the 2nd week of school and there still has not been any homework.

9210 South Presa Street, San Antonio, TX  78223
Last modified Mission Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.