Public charter
San Antonio, TX

Dr Paul S Saenz J High School 1

Posted January 18, 2013
This school has very poor communication skills as a whole. Events are given in a 1-2 days advance notice. My husband had to miss events due to last-minute phone calls on behalf of school. My daughter is in 7th grade and has lost interest in school, comes home with no homework, and, worst of all, she has had 2-3 different teachers in about 4 of her classes due to teachers quitting in only this school year!! She says "only 1 teacher is still with us, the rest are new." I'm very disappointed... My daughter went from being GT in a public school to this!! She is bored because she isn't challenged at all. Not coming back next year!! My daughter says "everyone's leaving mom." These teachers don't realize or don't care about the damage they cause with their instability and uncertainty when lacking consistency in a classroom. One class was taught by a substitute teacher for about a month while waiting to hire another teacher. My daughter says students don't even listen in class as much as they used to. I've had to come up with homework assignments at home just to try to keep her mind going. I don't even want to talk to anyone there anymore. Just waiting for school year to finish! Terrible!

Dr Paul S Saenz J High School 0

Posted August 17, 2009
It really is a great school. This is my son's second year. The students are challenging. But teachers are great. All have BS or MA and certified or in the process. You have to hand it to those teachers, it's easy teaching at Alamo Heights or at Northside, but it takes a real teacher to teach at School of Excellence. They really have a passion for kids there.

Dr Paul S Saenz J High School 0

Posted December 01, 2008
This school is by far the greast school i ever been too !!!!!! I love the discipline here and all the rules !!! And i love the new uniforms ther're great !!!!!

Dr Paul S Saenz J High School 1

Posted June 24, 2008
This is by far the WORST school my child has ever attended. After having an ARD without me, the commitee changed my sons special education needs without my concent. They are not the best when it comes to Other Health Impared children. Also, they are very unorganized. On my sons first day of summer school, I was told he was to be released at 4:00. Instead I got a call from another campus stating that my son was there at 1:30 and that they had no after school care. I had to leave work. I wouldn't recommend anyone taking their child to this school. Teachers have awful communication issues with the parents and as much help as they offer these kids, they're not getting any.

Dr Paul S Saenz J High School 5

Posted March 11, 2008

Dr Paul S Saenz J High School 5

Posted May 13, 2007
This school really strives for excellence my child has learned plenty mainly because of the teachers care and taking the extra mile for the children to learn.

Dr Paul S Saenz J High School
1830 Basse Road, San Antonio, TX  78213
Last modified Dr Paul S Saenz J High School is a Charter school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dr Paul S Saenz J High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top