6-12|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

I currently work in enrollment at Holy Cross of San Antonio. I am an alumni from the class of 2009. When i was an incoming freshman in 2005, I was set on a different catholic school and it was not until I visited Holy Cross that I felt at home. The teachers were helpful and wanted you to be successful. I graduated in 2009 prepared for college along with life long friends. Holy Cross also has a strong Alumni Association that supports the school and other alumni. The school is a National Blue Ribbon school, the first to be awarded in San Antonio. We have a 100% graduation rate, a 99% college attendance rate with the other 1% serving in our nations armed forces.
January 13, 2016

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Message to families

Amount of homework:
SCHOOL LEADER
Students are responsible for turning in their homework on time. We believe that there needs to be learning inside and outside of the classroom. Therefore, there is an understanding that if students do not complete their homework, we let our parents know of the need to complete assignments on time.

Develops character:
SCHOOL LEADER
The school is based on the philosophy of educating the mind without the expense of the heart. All of our educators and coaches have this in mind. Our students start and end their day with a prayer. Teachers start their classes with a prayer and coaches also have their teams pray before a game. Also, in our student code, which is recited every morning, there is mention of holding yourself and each other to a higher standard when it comes to honesty and integrity. When students choose to make a poor decision, we have our Dean of Men or Dean of Women address the student with parents if necessary.
Posted January 13, 2016

I have taught at the high school, college, and post-graduate levels. When I taught here, I was amazed at the caring and dedication shown by the other teachers. Every time, all the time. They truly were concerned about each one of the students. No one was just a number - they were known and respected as individuals. Each student was encouraged to do their best, and to succeed. Even those that were ready to give up on themselves. The teachers at Holy Cross truly have a mission - their saying that the student's mind will not be cultivated at the expense of the heart is not just a bunch of words either - it's the way they do things every day. Kind of like a big family. One that watches out for you, supports you, and yes, even disciplines you when you need it. I know of no other school in the city that is like it.

Sending my son to Holy Cross is the best decision I have made. Love everything about the teachers and administration.

I am a parent of 5 Holy Cross students. My children love this school so much that they are already talking about sending their kids there when they have some. I love the way they dedicate their time with my kids and inform you if something is not right. I simply just love this school, its a great school.

Love it! My son attended from 7th grade through 10th grade. There was a very loving and family oriented environment at Holy Cross. The teachers and administrators took a very strong interest in each student. My son has very fond memories and takes pride in having been a Holy Cross Knight. I highly recommend this school.

I give holycross a five star because. both of my childern are holy cross students my son is a grad from class of 07 and my daughter is a senior the schoolhas help my daughter very well and the teachers are concern wtih thier students

Last modified Holy Cross Of San Antonio is a Private school that serves grades 6-12