Report this review as inappropriate

Cancel
/ / / School Profile

6-12|Private
430 students
Follow
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

I currently work in enrollment at Holy Cross of San Antonio. I am an alumni from the class of 2009. When i was an incoming freshman in 2005, I was set on a different catholic school and it was not until I visited Holy Cross that I felt at home. The teachers were helpful and wanted you to be successful. I graduated in 2009 prepared for college along with life long friends. Holy Cross also has a strong Alumni Association that supports the school and other alumni. The school is a National Blue Ribbon school, the first to be awarded in San Antonio. We have a 100% graduation rate, a 99% college attendance rate with the other 1% serving in our nations armed forces.
January 13, 2016

Review topics

This is a safe place to share your honest opinions of a school, whether good or bad.  Learn more.

WHAT'S YOUR RELATIONSHIP TO THIS SCHOOL?
parent
current student
teacher
school official
community member
How would you rate your experience at this school?
Terrible
Bad
Average
Good
Great
6 OVERALL RATINGS

characters left.
Do you feel this school develops honesty, integrity, and fairness in its students?
Strongly disagree
Disagree
Neutral
Agree
Strongly agree
Have your say!
Let others know more about this school.
characters left.
Do you feel this school develops compassion, caring, and empathy in its students?
Strongly disagree
Disagree
Neutral
Agree
Strongly agree
Have your say!
Let others know more about this school.
characters left.
Do you feel this school develops respect in its students?
Strongly disagree
Disagree
Neutral
Agree
Strongly agree
Have your say!
Let others know more about this school.
characters left.
Do you feel this school develops persistence, grit, and determination in its students?
Strongly disagree
Disagree
Neutral
Agree
Strongly agree
Have your say!
Let others know more about this school.
characters left.
How do you feel about the amount of homework given at this school?
Not enough
Just right
Too much
Don't know
Have your say!
Let others know more about this school.
characters left.
How effective do you feel the teachers are at this school?
Very ineffective
Ineffective
Somewhat effective
Effective
Very effective
Have your say!
Let others know more about this school.
characters left.
Is there someone at this school who you want to say "thanks" to?
School leader
Teacher
Staff member
Parent
Student
Have your say!
Let others know more about this school.
characters left.
There are 13 reviews about all of the school topics.

Review comments


Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
I currently work in enrollment at Holy Cross of San Antonio. I am an alumni from the class of 2009. When i was an incoming freshman in 2005, I was set on a different catholic school and it was not until I visited Holy Cross that I felt at home. The teachers were helpful and wanted you to be successful. I graduated in 2009 prepared for college along with life long friends. Holy Cross also has a strong Alumni Association that supports the school and other alumni. The school is a National Blue Ribbon school, the first to be awarded in San Antonio. We have a 100% graduation rate, a 99% college attendance rate with the other 1% serving in our nations armed forces.
Posted January 13, 2016

Amount of homework:
SCHOOL LEADER
Students are responsible for turning in their homework on time. We believe that there needs to be learning inside and outside of the classroom. Therefore, there is an understanding that if students do not complete their homework, we let our parents know of the need to complete assignments on time.
Posted January 13, 2016


Develops grit:
SCHOOL LEADER
Our students understand that our school has a mission to prepare them for college. Our counselor meets with our students setting goals for what needs to be met to maximize acceptances along with scholarship deadlines. Secondly, our athletics program has a hard work philosophy that encourages persistence to increase personal performance.
Posted January 13, 2016

Develops respect:
SCHOOL LEADER
Our teachers and coaches continuously promote respect in all of their classes and on the playing field. Our students are also required to stand when an adult walks into a classroom. If there is any form of disrespect in the classroom towards another student or a teacher the student is addressed. Respect is a priority at Holy Cross, we know that disrespect leads to a disservice to our student's education.
Posted January 13, 2016

Develops empathy:
SCHOOL LEADER
Our students are required to complete service hours in the community. The types of projects span from feeding the hungry or visiting the elderly. These service hours are overseen through our office of christian service. Some students even receive the presidents service award. Holy Cross also has a student run campus ministry in which spiritual retreats are held for each grade. This group, which is made up of juniors and seniors, also coordinates the masses and prayer services.
Posted January 13, 2016


Develops honesty:
SCHOOL LEADER
The school is based on the philosophy of educating the mind without the expense of the heart. All of our educators and coaches have this in mind. Our students start and end their day with a prayer. Teachers start their classes with a prayer and coaches also have their teams pray before a game. Also, in our student code, which is recited every morning, there is mention of holding yourself and each other to a higher standard when it comes to honesty and integrity. When students choose to make a poor decision, we have our Dean of Men or Dean of Women address the student with parents if necessary.
Posted January 13, 2016

Holy Cross Of San Antonio 5

Posted July 29, 2014
- a teacher
I have taught at the high school, college, and post-graduate levels. When I taught here, I was amazed at the caring and dedication shown by the other teachers. Every time, all the time. They truly were concerned about each one of the students. No one was just a number - they were known and respected as individuals. Each student was encouraged to do their best, and to succeed. Even those that were ready to give up on themselves. The teachers at Holy Cross truly have a mission - their saying that the student's mind will not be cultivated at the expense of the heart is not just a bunch of words either - it's the way they do things every day. Kind of like a big family. One that watches out for you, supports you, and yes, even disciplines you when you need it. I know of no other school in the city that is like it.

Holy Cross Of San Antonio 5

Posted October 16, 2013
- a parent
Sending my son to Holy Cross is the best decision I have made. Love everything about the teachers and administration.


Holy Cross Of San Antonio 5

Posted September 27, 2010
- a parent
I am a parent of 5 Holy Cross students. My children love this school so much that they are already talking about sending their kids there when they have some. I love the way they dedicate their time with my kids and inform you if something is not right. I simply just love this school, its a great school.

Holy Cross Of San Antonio 5

Posted April 18, 2010
- a parent
Love it! My son attended from 7th grade through 10th grade. There was a very loving and family oriented environment at Holy Cross. The teachers and administrators took a very strong interest in each student. My son has very fond memories and takes pride in having been a Holy Cross Knight. I highly recommend this school.

Nearby schools

Holy Cross Of San Antonio
426 North San Felipe Avenue, San Antonio, TX  78228
Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. (210) 433-9395
Last modified Holy Cross Of San Antonio is a Private school that serves grades 6-12
Top