Posted October 16, 2013
I've been happy with this school in the past with my eldest. Now I have my middle child looking forward to starting her high school years next year and will be attending.

Posted September 12, 2013
Okay well I'm a student & I'm graduating this year, 2014. I absolutely love this school. Words can't explain my love for it. Teachers & students have become my family over the years I've been here, which is 11. If you looking for a school that you will never forget, becomes your family, understands you, try our school first. You won't regret it now forget it. I sure didnt.

Posted August 26, 2013
Our child has been in the school for 8 years and cannot say enough about what a great school it is. It has had its challenges, but the current leadership is amazing. We could not be happier with the education and the amazing community of parents.

St. Anthony Catholic School 1

Posted June 18, 2013
Our first year was great! We had multiple children here, for the most part the teachers are great, however, the administration in unresponsive and secretive. I no longer trust the administration to tell me the truth. Heaven forbid, something were to happen to a child there, I think they would cover it up to limit their perceived liability, not realizing parents understand things happen. Many small issues become big ones when administration members are not honest and fail to take things head on. Although Catholic, it's not ran by a Priest. The Priest the school borrows from the HSis great, however, he is not a member of administration/someone to go to if you had any problems with the school. Nor, is he responsible for any day to day activities or real interaction with the students. The school affiliated with a Parish, it is a stand alone school. We were very happy with the school the first year under the interim principal, however, the new principal. It has gone through too many principals, don't stick around to find out why. We were warned but didn't listen, we regret it. It also lacks proper sports facilities Positives, it is a diverse school and most teachers do care.

Posted May 03, 2013
I have two children who are in their second year at St. Anthony's. St. Anthony's has been amazing for my children both academically and socially and emotionally. St. Anthony's has a rigorous curriculum that is not based on worksheets but instead contains creative, engaged, and experiential activities. My children have a balanced workload that challenges them without becoming rote. The children and community are kind. I have never heard of any bullying or unkindness and all the children are welcoming and inclusive. The school also has a solid involved parent base that avoids being overly involved or in helicopter mode. The recent board decisions to expand the school by adding a new facility, and implement a health, freshly prepared, locally sustainable lunch program, show vision for a truly innovative school. My children continue to thrive here and I am blessed beyond measure to have a school that nurtures them intellectually, spiritually, and emotionally.

Posted March 24, 2012
I have 3 children attending St. Anthony Catholic School. My oldest has been there since k4 and is graduating this year. In addition to the strong academics, which recently were confirmed through a very high high school placement test score, SACS is a close community with parental involvement and extremely dedicated faculty and staff. Each of my 3 children have unique needs, but they are all succeeding with the support of the faculty at SACS. I highly recommend SACS if you are looking for a balanced, loving environment with high academic standards and Christian values.

Posted March 05, 2012
Very happy with quality of curriculum. My two children are appropriately challenged and are scoring in the 80th and 90th percentile on national tests of achievement. Community of parents and teachers way above average. Environment is warm and conducive to learning. Principals at accepting high schools continue to rank students highly in terms of preparation to do high school work. This school has been around for over 100 years and there is a strong contingency of graduates in the community. Children seem very happy at this school.

St. Anthony Catholic School 2

Posted February 28, 2012
This is for the person that posted on September 13, 2011: Could you please say which school you chose for your children after leaving st anthony? I'm looking for a good catholic school . thank you

Posted October 07, 2011
We have been a member of the St. Anthony family for several years. We are very pleased with the progress our child has made at the school, mainly due to the fact of the dedicated teachers and staff. The school is very focused on fostering the children s education and Christianity. The preparation the children receive for the next level and life in general is truly a remarkable experience. If you haven t had an opportunity to visit St Anthony s, I d strongly recommended it and believe that most families would be encouraged about the future which St Anthony s has to offer.

St. Anthony Catholic School 1

Posted September 13, 2011
Update, I wrote the May review BEFORE learning that the board terminated principal I along with many other parents were caught completely off guard with the termination & were only emailed asking us to extend farewells as the board wrote the principal resigned(she had already been terminated and email cut off) Heard from principal in a private email that was circulated that while she was away board held a private meeting ( which they deny) & when she returned she was FORCED to resign many parents attended the PTC board meeting to only hear of new programs & programs that would continue to be in place but NO MENTION of WHY they let her leave One board member continually evaded the question when it was posed, & in not so many words said that she was not "people friendly"(Staff did not like that she was noticing that they were not challenging students, the bar was not being held high, & middle school parents did not want change) Sadly we spent quite a bit of money, never wanted to have our child begin a new school, but after touring many other Catholic Schools realize it was a God Send as the curriculum at new school is so far Superior & higher expectations than St. Anthony's

St. Anthony Catholic School
205 W Huisache Ave, San Antonio, TX  78212
Last modified St. Anthony Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Anthony Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top