San Antonio, TX

Posted April 23, 2014
My children have attended SCA Kinder through 12th grade.Our decision to have them in a Christian environment for their education was based on the Bible as it states, "all your children shall be taught of the Lord". Doing our part at home by setting Godly examples and attending church, the 7 to 8 hours of public schooling was of great concern. Therefore, enrolling them in Sunnybrook was the best decision for their educational environment. Our home, our church, now our school, play a very important part of our commitment to Christian living. Sunnybrook is God ordained! The Abeka curriculum is outstanding! The teachers love and serve the Lord! Sunnybrook has a church covering! Sunnybrook has leaders that stand for righteousness! All classes start the day with the pledge of Allegiance, the pledge to the Christian Flag and pledge to the Bible and the first subject of the day is Bible! The phonics curriculum is amazing! Our children started reading at the age of 4! We are blessed to have had our children attend Sunnybrook! Now three of our grandchildren are attending! I highly recommend this school if you are looking for a place that has the same values as your family.

Posted April 14, 2014
Sunnybrook is a great school that provides a great education. They use the Abeka curriculum which is one the best Christian school programs I have seen. My husband graduated from SCA and now our kids are enrolled at the daycare. The classes are small enough for the teacher to provide one-on-one attention and not get overwhelmed. Your child will be loved and taught the Word of God by people who truly love the Lord. If you are looking for a well structured school to reinforce the Christian values of your home, SCA is the school for you. The teachers know their material and will do their best to help your child!

Posted January 30, 2014
I personally had the privilege of attending Sunnybrook all 12 years of my schooling. The education and guidance given to me at Sunnybrook paved the way for me to receive a full ride at a private university. I would NOT have had this chance if I had gone to another school. Not only did I receive an outstanding education but I also received genuine love and support from professors and staff. The staff quickly becomes a second family, and with no hesitation do their very best to ensure the success of their students. Not one child is overlooked. This small classroom setting allows for optimum attention on your child's needs. Your child will not only be academically equipped but also morally equipped. Professors truly grow to love your children whether they are pre-k or a graduating senior. Every school has its flaws but in the grand scheme of things your child should be in a place where they are encouraged, loved, challenged and successful. Sunnybrook is phenomenal and I will always be thankful to them for molding me into the best version of myself I could be. Don't let your children miss out on a blessing waiting to occur. Send them, you and your children will NEVER regret it.

Posted October 08, 2013
My wife and I were going through some issues with our son in public school. The issue with him being bullyed. So we turned to Sunnybrook Christian Academy. Everyone in the front office were great. His self esteem was so low, he could not look you in the eye. But just after afew days you can see the change in him for the better. Thank God for Sunnybrook.

Posted August 01, 2013
Although Sunnybrook may not look aesthetically appealing, what it does have is an administrator, a principal, and a staff that has a heart for children as evident by their tenure. The safety, security, and most of all, the spirituality of a child is their utmost priority. Sunnybrook has one of the most disciplined curriculums of any school and children are encouraged to succeed. If a child is struggling, after-school tutoring is provided at no additional cost to parent. Although it is not accredited, many graduates have earned scholarships to some of the most prestiges universities in the country. The success of Sunnybrook depends on the involvement of its parents with the administrator and the teachers.

Posted November 27, 2012
I am former graduate from this school. If you want to know the truth ,who better to get advice from than a student who attended from Preschool to 12th grade. So here it is . It is very simple, if you want your child to be educated, raised in the word of God, taught the ways of christ than this is your school. The love from my teachers was never ending. The encouragement that I received and told I can accomplish anything was constant. My parents made a sacrifice to send me and my siblings here and it was the best thing they have ever done for me. Raising up your children in the way they should go, does not solely fall upon the teachers . Parents must be in agreement spiritually for this to be successful. The curriculum is advanced . If you don't believe me do your research. It is very simple, you can choose a school without christ or with Him. It depends how important it is to you. The word says " train up your child in the way he should go and when he is older he will not depart from it". This comment probably does not do justice and I can never repay everything they have done for me . So trust me try it for yourself.

Posted November 27, 2012
As a former graduate of this school, I can tell you that this school is a better school than a public school. I went to public school all my life up until half way of my high school years. Of course at first I fought the first few months of going there because I was so used to how I wanted to live my life but if I can go back and do it all over I would. Being one out of five kids that my parents sacrificed their time into us having a better education, it was the best decision they ever made. One the teachers at Sunnybrook actually encourage you to do better in your school work and not just give you the information. Second the school is more about building the faith with God. Third they accept everyone and are not judgmental. Which is a bad perception of not only this school but Christians all together. If you want a school where your child is going to be just another face in the crowd then go to any other school, but if you want your child to be exceptional and a stand out and can accomplish whatever they want to do whether its academic, sports, music, or in art then THIS school is for you. One day when I have children I will be sending them there. Dont believe me just try it.

Sunnybrook Christian Academy 3

Posted February 28, 2012
Somebody can give me real info about this school please?I want my kids to go there but I need to know if this school is good school or not

Sunnybrook Christian Academy 1

Posted July 23, 2011
the previous reviews sound too "professional" and perfectly written to be true. here is my personal experience of the school: *the school grounds are unkept. buildings are not maintained and are falling apart. its seems as the owners cut corners with building materials and workmanship when the school was built. everything from desks and supplies are all second hand. *at one time this school had strong Christian values. today it seems as if anyone, regardless of morals, are allowed to attend. this school has actually become very "thug-ish". *how many of their teachers are actually qualified to teach? how many of their teachers have teaching degrees?? some of their teachers are either members of the church congregation who needed a job or previous students who have graduated and never attended college.

Sunnybrook Christian Academy 0

Posted September 16, 2009
They take exceptional care of all their students

Sunnybrook Christian Academy
1620 Pinn Road, San Antonio, TX  78227
Last modified Sunnybrook Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades 1-12
Sunnybrook Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top