Public charter
San Antonio, TX

Harmony Science Academy - San Antonio 2

Posted September 11, 2014
This school may have all the necessary opportunities, but when you dedicate yourself to your studies and at the end be denied to participate in your own graduation is just wrong. This is what my sister hoped for after 6 yrs in school and wanting to be part of her class and being proud of that accomplishment.

Harmony Science Academy - San Antonio 4

Posted July 29, 2014
I am a student, and it's really not that bad... As long as your a person that usually pays attention to the rules. The school is amazing, but the problem is when you get in trouble it gets complicated. And the only thing I need to say about the classes is that once you get used to the classes, it gets easier... Sooner or later...

Harmony Science Academy - San Antonio 1

Posted May 27, 2014
We took our children to Harmony as our only other option to SWISD schools. We are selling our home now and moving to NISD so our kids can go to a good public school. Harmony has **some** excellent teachers. However, their administration is lacking all ability to do anything correctly. First, you cannot just go to visit anyone in that building. You can request an appointment with someone, like the Principal. However, they are more likely to push your request off to someone else or deny it altogether. There are a lot of issues here, but the one that made us leave is the administration requesting $200 for my 4th grader (who passed the 4th grade but failed the STAR test) to go to summer school. Then they will **maybe** allow him to go to the 5th grade. The STAR test is not mandatory until the 5th grade. They also have zero ability to help my child with real learning issue. The school is lacking.

Posted April 15, 2014
It has a lot of dedicated teacher that i am proud to work with. Sometime that inspires me a lot so that i want to do more for kids. It is just a blessing to be member of this family.

Posted April 14, 2014
Awesome school! My children has been attending here for 6yrs and they love it. love the setting of smaller classes! I appreciate the dedication of most of the teacher, you know they don't do it for pay but because they care for the children!

Posted April 11, 2014
As a teacher and parent. I loved this school and miss being part of the community. My daughter loved going here and was given excellent attention when it came to tutoring and help she needed. The administration changes often, but the teachers are very committed and caring about the students. Tutoring and help offered and a range of activities are provided every year. A growing community.

Harmony Science Academy - San Antonio 1

Posted September 08, 2012
sorry to dissapoint those out there planning to take your child here, but they will never become successful in life when they come here. I came here and was not pleased whatsoever, finding my grades to vastly drop :/

Posted April 05, 2011
I love this school! I moved my child from the NISD to this school for first grade and I am very happy with the teachers and administration. Even the parents seem friendlier, perhaps because there aren't already neighborhood cliques in place since students come from numerous neighborhoods. The school's website is updated frequently and is helpful with keeping up with what is going on. I am hoping that my second child wins the lottery this year.

Posted March 07, 2011
Harmony Science Academy is great school. Their staff is always friendly and their teachers are dedicated to the success of their students. I highly recommend this school to anyone wanting the very best for their child.

Harmony Science Academy - San Antonio 3

Posted June 11, 2010
Overall, I am pleased with HSASA's commitment to education and the way the teachers obviously care about the kids. Happy enough to enroll them again for next year! There are lots of opportunities for creativity and to expand thinking outside the classroom with projects. That said, the school is not perfect. The first few weeks *always* seem disorganized for a school that has been around for so long. Activities are often revised at the last minute and teachers in the elem grades (my only experience) seem to be lax in follow-up. It's difficult to teach kids adhereance to deadlines when the teachers don't. Spanish and Turkish are the only language options, and extracurricular activities expand every year but still need to grow. The teachers care about the kids, there is no doubt. The kids love the teachers. Parental involvement is a must for success here.

Harmony Science Academy - San Antonio
8505 Lakeside Pkwy, San Antonio, TX  78245
Last modified Harmony Science Academy - San Antonio is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harmony Science Academy - San Antonio Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top