Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

I'm not going to lie, we loved it at first. My children went there for three years. The teachers were so great for the first two years. Then, last year my son started getting bullied. They pretty much did nothing. My son, according to them, just took things too personally. I had parents and TEACHERS come up to me multiple times and tell me how horrible it was and they couldn't believe nothing was done about the bullying. That was just confirmation to me that I wasnt being a crazy overactive parent. I found out at the end of the year, when I went to unenroll my kids, that he was one of three students bullied by the same group of boys and the administration did nothing for any of them. I loved this school because the teachers are Amazing, but the administration, at least on the elementary side, is horrible. My son is now flourishing in the stone oak school district and is so much happier. His grades are letter grades higher and he has friends. I would suggest caution when going to Harmony. I am not the only person who had issues with bullying being ignored, (I personally know two other parents who unenrolled their kids for the same reason) and I know they have an official complaint and have to under go additional training for special needs children because of the way their teachers treated a special needs child last year. I hear their high school is great, but beyond that...Seriously be careful.

My child was singled out on a daily basis by the administration. My son now has emotional issues because of the situation this school put him in.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Some of the teachers do not have a clue about being a teacher. I am not even sure they are certified teachers!

Develops character: Strongly disagree

My son was singled out on a daily basis and spent more time in the hallway or being detained then in the classroom!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

My kid had to repeat kindergarten -- not because he couldn't learn the material, but because he wasn't expected to. The teacher had her head in the sand and left him behind with no help.

Amount of homework: no rating

My child was never expected to do homework, even though the other kids were given homework there was never any homework in his backpack. I guess because he was supposed to be in special ed.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

NO -- they lie and cheat the system, so why would the kids think it's not okay to do the same? They don't discipline the children who violate the rules, they intentionally violate their own policies.

Looking at the schools test scores and the college acceptance rate of almost 100% I am impressed my kids have been attending HSASA since the first grade and I've seen their Math and Science knowledge almost equal to my nephew who is two grades ahead of them. Students have more one on one interaction with teachers as well as parent communications.

This school may have all the necessary opportunities, but when you dedicate yourself to your studies and at the end be denied to participate in your own graduation is just wrong. This is what my sister hoped for after 6 yrs in school and wanting to be part of her class and being proud of that accomplishment.

I am a student, and it's really not that bad... As long as your a person that usually pays attention to the rules. The school is amazing, but the problem is when you get in trouble it gets complicated. And the only thing I need to say about the classes is that once you get used to the classes, it gets easier... Sooner or later...

Last modified Harmony Science Academy - San Antonio is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.