Public charter
San Antonio, TX

Posted January 27, 2015
Looking at the schools test scores and the college acceptance rate of almost 100% I am impressed my kids have been attending HSASA since the first grade and I've seen their Math and Science knowledge almost equal to my nephew who is two grades ahead of them. Students have more one on one interaction with teachers as well as parent communications.

Harmony Science Academy - San Antonio 2

Posted September 11, 2014
This school may have all the necessary opportunities, but when you dedicate yourself to your studies and at the end be denied to participate in your own graduation is just wrong. This is what my sister hoped for after 6 yrs in school and wanting to be part of her class and being proud of that accomplishment.

Harmony Science Academy - San Antonio 4

Posted July 29, 2014
I am a student, and it's really not that bad... As long as your a person that usually pays attention to the rules. The school is amazing, but the problem is when you get in trouble it gets complicated. And the only thing I need to say about the classes is that once you get used to the classes, it gets easier... Sooner or later...

Posted May 27, 2014
We took our children to Harmony as our only other option to SWISD schools. We are selling our home now and moving to NISD so our kids can go to a good public school. Harmony has **some** excellent teachers. However, their administration is lacking all ability to do anything correctly. First, you cannot just go to visit anyone in that building. You can request an appointment with someone, like the Principal. However, they are more likely to push your request off to someone else or deny it altogether. There are a lot of issues here, but the one that made us leave is the administration requesting $200 for my 4th grader (who passed the 4th grade but failed the STAR test) to go to summer school. Then they will **maybe** allow him to go to the 5th grade. The STAR test is not mandatory until the 5th grade. They also have zero ability to help my child with real learning issue. The school is lacking.

Posted April 15, 2014
It has a lot of dedicated teacher that i am proud to work with. Sometime that inspires me a lot so that i want to do more for kids. It is just a blessing to be member of this family.

Posted April 14, 2014
Awesome school! My children has been attending here for 6yrs and they love it. love the setting of smaller classes! I appreciate the dedication of most of the teacher, you know they don't do it for pay but because they care for the children!

Posted April 11, 2014
As a teacher and parent. I loved this school and miss being part of the community. My daughter loved going here and was given excellent attention when it came to tutoring and help she needed. The administration changes often, but the teachers are very committed and caring about the students. Tutoring and help offered and a range of activities are provided every year. A growing community.

Posted March 26, 2014
This school was EXEPTIONAL 3 years ago when the principal and dean would actually take the time to listen to your concerns. There was a sense of community throughout the halls. Now they have a POC that is unapproachable, rude and narrow minded. You get nowhere with her when trying to talk discuss your child/concerns. Some GREAT teachers, some not-so-great teachers. Music teacher doesn't teach music, prefers to let kiddos listen to their own music. Character Ed class deals mostly with bullying. Computer teacher lets students browse internet most class periods. Some of the teachers hardly speak English, yet kids are expected to learn and comprehend these teachers. But they only worry about student progress when it revolves around test scores. If a student is failing their mock state tests, they will jump through hoops to get them tutoring and whatever they need so they pass the actual tests. They are also cramming more students into this small school and having them share resources.

Posted September 08, 2012
sorry to dissapoint those out there planning to take your child here, but they will never become successful in life when they come here. I came here and was not pleased whatsoever, finding my grades to vastly drop :/

Posted April 05, 2011
I love this school! I moved my child from the NISD to this school for first grade and I am very happy with the teachers and administration. Even the parents seem friendlier, perhaps because there aren't already neighborhood cliques in place since students come from numerous neighborhoods. The school's website is updated frequently and is helpful with keeping up with what is going on. I am hoping that my second child wins the lottery this year.

Harmony Science Academy - San Antonio
8505 Lakeside Pkwy, San Antonio, TX  78245
Last modified Harmony Science Academy - San Antonio is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harmony Science Academy - San Antonio Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top