Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (2 responses)

Harmony Science Academy - San Antonio 2

Posted October 29, 2015
I'm not going to lie, we loved it at first. My children went there for three years. The teachers were so great for the first two years. Then, last year my son started getting bullied. They pretty much did nothing. My son, according to them, just took things too personally. I had parents and TEACHERS come up to me multiple times and tell me how horrible it was and they couldn't believe nothing was done about the bullying. That was just confirmation to me that I wasnt being a crazy overactive parent. I found out at the end of the year, when I went to unenroll my kids, that he was one of three students bullied by the same group of boys and the administration did nothing for any of them. I loved this school because the teachers are Amazing, but the administration, at least on the elementary side, is horrible. My son is now flourishing in the stone oak school district and is so much happier. His grades are letter grades higher and he has friends. I would suggest caution when going to Harmony. I am not the only person who had issues with bullying being ignored, (I personally know two other parents who unenrolled their kids for the same reason) and I know they have an official complaint and have to under go additional training for special needs children because of the way their teachers treated a special needs child last year. I hear their high school is great, but beyond that...Seriously be careful.

Harmony Science Academy - San Antonio 1

Posted October 19, 2015
My child was singled out on a daily basis by the administration. My son now has emotional issues because of the situation this school put him in.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted October 19, 2015
Some of the teachers do not have a clue about being a teacher. I am not even sure they are certified teachers!

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted October 19, 2015
They do not help students develop the self-esteem needs to complete projects. The students are not developing good skills from 6th-8th grade.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted October 19, 2015
My son was mad fun of by the administration in front of students. This is not the example I want for my children. My daughter and him were in the same grade and classes. She was constantly standing up for him!

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted October 19, 2015
My child was physically restrained on an almost daily basis for three months! They have no clue about children with any kind of special needs!

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted October 19, 2015
My son was singled out on a daily basis and spent more time in the hallway or being detained then in the classroom!

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted October 16, 2015
My kid had to repeat kindergarten -- not because he couldn't learn the material, but because he wasn't expected to. The teacher had her head in the sand and left him behind with no help.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted October 16, 2015
My child was never expected to do homework, even though the other kids were given homework there was never any homework in his backpack. I guess because he was supposed to be in special ed.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted October 16, 2015
NO -- the kids are taught that some kids are above the rules and they resent their peers because the peer gets special attention and extra goodies, even when the student is doing things against the rules.

8505 Lakeside Parkway, San Antonio, TX  78245
Last modified Harmony Science Academy - San Antonio is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.