Posted May 15, 2015
This school is a joke. My child attends the Saint Philip of Jesus campus. They have no control of the kids there. The kids control that school. The little kids are always fighting there. They have no consequences for their actions. You fight at school and they do absolutely nothing. All you hear is the teachers yelling at the kids. The administration is a joke especially Mrs. Herrera the principal. My son will not be attending this school next year. I don't know how the other campuses are but stay away from this school

Brooks Academy Of Science And Engi 4

Posted August 03, 2014
Overall the school has a cirriculum where my child is learning. Parents have to remember learning is also taught at home. My child does have homework most days and reading daily is required. My child has attended for 3 years and will be in 4th grade this school year. I have really liked most of his teachers and they seem to be organized to me. My child has overcome being shy.

Posted July 31, 2014
I love this school for my child. He came from a small town school where there was lots of bullying going on. This school has given him his self esteem back. He is doing great and has earned NHS. Thank you Brooks Academy. Just needs better organization in administrative area.

Posted May 01, 2014
I have been very pleased with this school. The homework is structured, the assignments are clearly defined, and teachers are available to answer questions from both students and parents. The parent Internet connection allows you to keep up with your child's progress. Parent involvement is encouraged and appreciated. Ms. Garza, 4th grade teacher is the best. She is very encouraging and sets a wonderful example for her students on how to be intelligent, courteous and kind. After school clubs are also a great opportunity for pursuing individual student interest, additional learning through action, and social involvement. Con: My observation, please keep class ratio small, you are overworking your wonderful teachers. If they spend all their time getting an overcrowded class to behave they aren't teaching those who are behaving. Overall very happy. Thanks.

Posted May 20, 2013
My oldest child has been here for 4 1/2 years. She has blossom to be an excellent student. You see she has asperger syndrome and have difficult socializing with her peers. Her class mate have embraced her and made her participate. It was a great fit for her to be at brooks academy since there is no BAC unit like other school districts. With a lot of work on all party's she has passed her exit level exams and will graduate this year. There is tutoring after school and clubs to attend to get a better set in life. Of course there is the parking problem but I am willing to though this for my kids. It will improve! With a lot of input we can make it turn around. This school fits me and my kids.

Posted May 18, 2013
First off the previous reviews define the school base on traffic and unimportant matters .My daughter is new to brooks as of Nov 2012 here she is a student not just a number like at her previous school .So many kids get lost in the public school system that there rarely seen as anything else ,she is learning more @ Brooks. Our experience has been wonderful I've seen an amazing change & her teacher knows how to really work with her .The work is also more advance that what she had been learning .The kids are well behaved and shown respect by there peers & vice versa . I would consider any child that goes here lucky to have found such a well adjusted school with great regard for teaching and moral value.

Posted February 24, 2013
BEWARE---This school is a JOKE..if not for the deception of students and parents as teachers are giving huge grading curves to students so they can pass their classes. Also, they are placing very severe special ed. students in regular classes and good teachers do not stay, they run-out of Brooks Academy as fast as they can!!! I would not even enroll my dog at Brooks Academy...LOOK ON THE TEA WEB PAGE UNDER ACOUNTABILITY AND FIND-OUT FOR YOURSELF HOW THEY RATE ON TAKS AND NOW STAAR RATINGS!!! NOT ONE GRADE LEVEL OR CLASS ROOM MET THE MINIMAL STANDARD!!!! THAT MEANS THEY ARE IN TROUBLE WITH T.E.A.!!! P.S.: LOOK AT THE TEACHER QUALITY: MOST DO NOT HAVE A COLLEGE DEGREE IN THEIR FIELD, THEY ARE "ALTERNATE CERTIFIED".

Posted February 06, 2013
This was an excellent school in the beginning. The Principal and Staff worked together to get parents involved. They worked with the students to make them all feel a part of the Brooks Family . The School Board decided not to renew the Principal s contract for 2010-2011. This was very upsetting to the students as well as staff. Many staff resigned and students moved to other schools. The Board never considered how this change would affect the students, staff and the school as a whole. Charter Schools are publicly funded, but privately run. They are exempt from many public school rules and regulations, and operate independently. This school is run by Academica Management SW LLC. It has been said that certain Board members have a monetary interest in Acdemica as well as relatives working there. The bottom line is about profit. The new Principal is a very nice lady but does not have the experience to run a school. It was unfair to her to do away with all the former systems and implement all new systems. This lack of good judgment turned into a disaster and still needs much improvement. More government control is needed in Charter Schools to prevent disasters like this one.

Posted January 22, 2013
Ihave a daughter at brooks since 6th grade now she is in 8th and I keep hearing badstuff about brooks if you don't like it LEAVE!!!!! Its not like you have to stay, remember Brooks was a CHOICE so if its not making you happy go back to what made you come to Brooks, I will admitt Yes traffic is bad but its the same as all schools, now if you want you can go in one way and out another issue fixed, yes the kids eat in the gym and its catered if you child doesn't like be a REAL parent and make them lunch yes just like all schools they have issues GET OVER IT OE LEAVE!!

Brooks Academy Of Science And Engi 2

Posted March 28, 2012
I had been looking for a school for my children with higher academic and behavioral standards than your neighborhood public school. Brooks Academy came highly recommended. This is my daughters' 4th & 2nd years there. The admin was fairly disorganized before, but super pleased with classes, teachers, and personal interest in my kids. The new admin this year indicated they walked into a "mess" & had much "fixing" to do. We have been patient, but growing more disappointed with Brooks every day. Not sure what they have been "fixing" on the admin side, but only negative changes have been observed on the outside. I'm super sad, disappointed & can no longer recommend Brooks to other parents like I used to.

Brooks Academy Of Science And Engi
3803 Lyster Road, San Antonio, TX  78235
Last modified Brooks Academy Of Science And Engi is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brooks Academy Of Science And Engi Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top