Posted January 24, 2014
I love lopez!!! This school has great teachers! some people might be a little mean at times but you never see anyone fighting or punching. It's violence free! And if your new to school people will make you feel welcome!

Posted December 20, 2013
This school is very beautiful, because the teachers, administration, faculty, and staff are all very helpful, caring, respectful, and trustworthy. The pupils here are very friendly (maybe not all, but a majority), but some of the boys here are quite disruptive and rude (that's not really important). The pre-AP levels of education is my most favorite, because I look forward to challenges and learning more, to grow and become a great person. I would be very pleased when more and more children attend this fantastic school. :))

Lopez Middle School 4

Posted October 06, 2013
I went to this school for 3 years. What I learned here could never be matched. There is a wide variety of types of teachers. You never know what you are going to get. My 6th grade year I had the BEST reading teacher ever, and after that they all were not nearly as good. One year you will have the best group of teachers ever, and another you will have the worst. I think a factor that contributes to this is the fact that a large amount of the teachers are sport coaches that needed to have a teaching job to work for the school. Like any school, there is bullying. The counseling staff works hard to prevent this, but i cant say the same for a lot of the teaching staff. Also if you don't want a lot of homework this IS NOT the school for you! But if you are into technology or engineering they have a great staff for that! Over-all I think my experience at this school was great (with a rough start). I highly recommend this school to anyone who is moving from out of state (btw Texas schools are 10x more strict than any other state). Have fun!

Lopez Middle School 3

Posted September 06, 2012
I agree with all of the positives from the Mar 6, 2012 post. As for the not so good about Lopez, I am not impressed with the teachers' organization. Granted it is only the second week of school and perhaps teachers are still trying to get into a routine. However, on several occasions homework assignments were either not posted or unavailable on the website. My son was missing an assignment from the first week and I found out about it from the parent portal - no communication from the teacher. With reference to teacher unprofessionalism, one of my son's teachers made an inappropriate comment about him to another teacher that was loud enough for him to hear it. So far, I am not impressed.

Lopez Middle School 4

Posted March 06, 2012
This school needs teachers who actually care and know how to communicate with the parents and students in a proper manner. I have dealt with teachers who are sarcastic, impatient or just plain don't reply to my emails and they have that same sarcasm and impatience towards the student. If it weren't for this issue, my child would really like attending Lopez. Although, I am greatly pleased with the office staff, the counselors, the principal and the nurse, plus their attentiveness to bullying and student structure and behavior. I also like the way they monitor the comings and goings of students, making sure students don't stray off campus when they're not suppose to and maintain organization with both morning and afternoon traffic.

Posted June 15, 2010
I'm gonna go to this school next year but so far it seems great! I'm a straight "a" student so look out teachers. I will be in G/T math and I'm pre AP in all classes. My 6th grade year will probably the best EVER! I am from Hardy Oak. Trust me the teachers prepared me well. I can't wait.

Posted September 02, 2009

Lopez Middle School 3

Posted July 06, 2009
We transfered to Lopez in my childs 8th grade,bought a home in a specific neighborhood so he could go to this school. We were so disappointed with the teachers and staff by the end of the year... they dropped the ball so many times with our GT kid ...by the time we could get anyone to do anything about it the year was over! make sure you are a squeeky wheel at this school.

Posted May 20, 2009
Our son started 7th Grade last August at Lopez...and it has been a remarkable year for him! He got to try out so many different things...academically and in Extracurricular activities! He is a changed person! He loves every day at school. The teachers are very systematic in their approach and update their websites regularly to keep parenst posted! They encourage students to do their best. My son needed to meet the principal for a boy Scout requirement and he immediatly met him...and spoke encouraging words to my son! I feel the change has benefited him immensely both socially and academically. It's not always about the best colleges...it is very imporatnt for a child to have a well rounded scholastic experience! P.S the Principal has put college flags all over the cafeteria..and this itself is so inspirational to the children! He personally is present at every function and very courteous to all!

Lopez Middle School 2

Posted May 18, 2009

Lopez Middle School
23103 Hardy Oak Boulevard, San Antonio, TX  78258
Last modified Lopez Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lopez Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews.