Bad
Good

This school is awesome the teachers actually care about you I moved last year and I miss it all the time Harris has something for everybody except for a few students at the school everyone is overall good and tries in school but the administrators are not that good I had one problem and they choose to listen to the worst children they have

My daughter goes to Harris and my only issue is that there is a BIG problem with bullying. My daughter and a few others that I know of are being bullied. They do have the "stop orders" but that does no good for the bullies. When they continue to harass my child, nothing is done. There are no citations handed out and I wouldn't be surprised if their parents even know about the issue. So sad to say that we will not be going to Harris next year and we won't miss it one bit.

Not to brag but both Steubing Ranch Elementary and Harris Middle School go hand to hand on first class faculty members. Their priority from the beginning to the last day of school is the student's 100% performance in education from TAKS, benchmarks thru athletic performance. They have extra curriculum activities within the school area. The community too is great. PTA/parents are great supporters to the faculty and the environment of the school for our safety of our kids.

Harris MS, have the greatest people working in the school, they really love and care for the children, from the guy in the reception, to the clinic, from the personal in the cafeteria to the administration and the counselors. And with there patience and fairness, (but not been a prosecutors) the Assistant Principals, who no mater what they treat the children with respect, dignity and care. Not like criminals who don't deserve nothing, but been humiliated, just because there pre-teens and teenagers. Witch is the age where our the children need more attention, patience, understanding, knowledge, encouragement, love and fun. Well in Harris MS, the teachers offer all this, to our children, they always trying to get the best out of any situation, for the good of the child. They sincerely care with heart, because they like what they do, and they now how to do it! And of course this beautiful big 'green' building, would not be the same without the most sweet, love-vol and joy-full Principal, Mrs. Clemons. Thank you for such a great school !!!

Excellent middle school! My son has learning disabilities and has received so much support from his teachers and administrators. Dr. Harris should be very proud that a school bearing his name is continuing his belief in education for all children. Mr. Flores and Mr. Pruitt are exceptional examples for the young men of this school, firm but fair. At a point in their lives when the hormones start to go crazy having these two to keep our young men on track is a blessing. Fantastic academic program, beautiful campus, excellent teachers, and great kids and parents. What more could you ask for?

This is a great middle school. The appliances are up to date and so are the lessons. The teachers have great attitudes and are always eager to help. Also the gyms have air conditioning, and this school's basketball team won district twice. We were first opened in 2006, I have been going there since the first year it opened, and now I am about to go to Madison with great grades, and a lot of confidence.

This school is practically brand new -- very nice campus, classrooms and technology. The teachers are very involved and supportive. We have not had any dealings with administration so I cannot rate this aspect of the school. I like the fact that each grade (6th, 7th and 8th) have their own 'wings' in the building. My child has had no problems with bullies and there have been no safety problems that I'm aware of.

This school needs improvement. The teachers are GREAT, and the rapport and teamwork between teachers is excellent. I have a problem with the administrative support. It was obvious the teachers felt like there was no support, and the administration made teachers feel incompetent if they had to punish students. There seemed to be too many discipline problems left unaddressed by administration. Why is that? The campus is great;with many resources and super technology but the administration (1principal,3 assistants) has got to move on. The school can be much greater than it is.

My son attended this school last year. It is the worst school we have been to. We are moving out of State and I am so glad to be gone. The administration is not good at all, do not support teachers, and do not solve problems. There are some great teachers I would have to say. But, they put up with to much. There are some teachers out in left field that need to go. My child needed guidance and never go it. Good bye HMS, thank you for nothing.

Poor administrative leadership - they let the kids run the school and don't support their teachers. There are no consequences for student behavior and/or consequences are not given in a timely manner.

Last modified Harris Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.