Bad
Good

Love the crews,but my fave is nurse Mariss, what an angel. She would not only make your kids feel welcome and better but also keep ou update and make you have a peace of mind. BEcause not every parents has a job that can let you go quick if your kids had something while at school. And Mrs Nancy lovely , i mean all of the crew meet they criteria. SO far, i do not have any complaint, love my daughters teacher.if your kids is in Mrs Newell class, then I will say it out loud ' she or he will love her, she is an angel falling from the sky.

I totally disagree with one of the comments below. Yes, they teach the 7 habits. My kid was bullied. And when I took it up to the principal, her answer was, " I can't do anything about it, my hands are tied". You call that a great principal! Incidents like this have happend lots of times at this school. The principal does nothing. What about the female kindergartner that was held against her will in the restroom by a male student? Again the principal did nothing. Thank God!!! CISD has moved her from TPES. It was about time. Maybe now, the school will be a better safe place.

Timberwood Park Elementary is THE warmest, most welcoming, safest school environment I have ever experienced. The principal and her amazing staff teach students not only academic and technology skills for the future, but also how to be great leaders, work together, solve problems set goals, resolve conflicts, be actively involved, and the list goes on. The principal is very knowledgeable when it comes to students who struggle with learning. It is apparent that she cares deeply about all students, their families, the community and her staff. Timberwood Park Elementary is THE reason we live where we live. Our family and our community is blessed beyond my wildest dreams!

I could not ask for more out of a public school. It is a school of high principals. They teach the 7 habits of highly effective kids, they teach about health and wellness, about not bullying. Academically they are above Texas average, and certainly above San Antonio average. This school has it's act together, from the top to the bottom! You won't be disappointed!

Overall, Timberwood Park has been a good experience for my child, which is what matters most. However, my child also complains of boredom. It would be nice if the teachers could challenge those students who need a bit more work to feel engaged. It would also be great if there were some additional extracurricular activities, such as track, volleyball or dance. Even if it is just for the 4th and 5th graders. The receptionist is amazing; however, not all of the front office staff are friendly. And regarding Dr. Maika, we all know he did a LOT for this school and was a big part of the high ratings the school has achieved. But, he is not open to any sort of criticism whatsoever and once you do reach out to him, he will snub you from that point. He only wants to hear the good. Strengths and weaknesses.

I take real issue with the statement: the principal isn't professional (as mentioned in previous post). Dr. Maika goes above and beyond for the students, staff, and parents. He is extremely knowledge (with a doctorate in Educational Administration) and cares deeply about this school. Recently, he was promoted to a middle school. Parents, students and teachers were in tears regarding his announcement to leave. That doesn't strike me as a reaction that most would have to a leader that isn't professional or well liked. Dr. Maika, thank you for your dedication and hard work at Timberwood Park Elementary. You've assembled a fabulous staff and for that, I am thankful. However, you will be missed!

My child's teacher is awesome. She is very patient, caring, and responsive to my child's needs. The receptionist at school is very professional. She always anwers my questions politely even though sometimes, they can be lengthy. The school nurse is very friendly. But I'm not impressed with the school principal yet. I wish he acts more professional.

The school curriculums are slightly above average. Many teachers are excellent while some have trouble figuring out how to be a teacher with good moral senses and judgment. The school principal needs to develop more leadership skills and professionalism. I feel like he always looks down on me.

Hello, Like many of you, I am also very appreciative that my child is going to this school. The teachers are quite exceptional. My daughter is in Mrs. Brammell 's 3rd grade class, we are very thanful to have her. To ensure the best chances for success, Mrs. Brammell has volunteered to remediate some of her kids after school. A parent cannot ask for a better teacher.

Even though this is the school's first year you can already see that great people will come out of these classrooms. I applaud the staff and principal for making this school something to be proud of.

Last modified Timberwood Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.