Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)

Claudia Taylor Johnson High School was new when my daughter attended and graduated 3 years later, and now I my son started there this year. Both have top notch educations, and supportive environments. Do not expect the teachers to coddle your child, and they are responsible to make arrangements for themselves! Their programs are amazing, and very competitive. I am happy to live in this area and are able to have my children attend CTJ.

AP classes need to be taught by top quality teachers that know their material and actually TEACH IN CLASS. There also needs to be consistency between teachers of the same subject. This is ongoing problem across all subjects. This is especially important in such a highly competitive school. Kids in AP classes want to truly learn and deserve to be "taught"; not teach themselves. An AP teacher telling students "if you want more study resources or a a review use the other teacher's webpage" is not acceptable. Neither is promising to "post" helpful resources than never doing it or hardly taking the time to review/accurately grade a student's project.

Academics needs to be improved. The Spanish program specifically is terrible which is a shame since this should be one of the school's high points considering we are in S. Texas with you would think highly qualified teachers!. Our oldest two children after three years of Spanish at JHS said "We haven't learned anything since we had Spanish at Tejeda..." In addition, why are coaches teaching AP classes? And Math has got to improve. We have spent literally thousands on tutors because the in class instruction is so poor.

Johnson High School is a fantastic school in NEISD. The teachers and administration are top notch educators doing the best things for students. There are plenty of extra-curricular activities so students can find their niche. We are so glad to be a part of the Johnson family.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

We are blessed to live in the Johnson High School district! My daughter is a junior at Johnson High School, and I would highly recommend JHS to any parent seeking a quality, public school education for their child. The students at JHS are amazing; I have never witnessed anything like it, from their exceptional GPAs to their incredible sportsmanlike conduct in all areas of competition. It is quite obvious to me that the administration at JHS genuinely care about each student and are committed to continuing the tradition of excellence at Johnson High School.

Johnson High School is a fantastic NEISD school. I could have picked any location to live in San Antonio since I am a Realtor and my husband travels for work. I picked to live in the Johnson attendance zone because the school is top notch. I have a junior and a freshman attending and are both involved in the Spirit program. I have been greeted by very professional staff, eager assistant principals and the teachers have been responsive and terrific. I cannot say enough great things about Johnson High School. I wish I could give 10 stars!!!!

I am thankful that my niece attends Johnson as our experience has been very positive. While no school is perfect, all of my interactions with Johnson have been very positive. I have observed a staff of teachers and administrators who clearly care about their students and work well together to create an atmosphere for learning and maturing. The best attribute I can speak to is one of listening. They seek feedback, ask questions to further their understanding and then respond in an appropriate manner. Utilizing this approach I feel parents can be confident that Johnson will continue their effort in offering the very best High School experience for our young people.

Great school, love that my kids went there. They are very involved in the activities and school spirit. In reading some of these reviews that are poor for the school, it seems that they accused the school of letting them 'fall through the cracks', it's your fault not theirs. There are activities for all, find something you like and do it. If they don't have it, start it.

My daughter did very well at CTJHS and was happy while there. Yes, her math scores were not as high as we would have liked, but that is largely due to less effort towards math homework on her part. She was an active, key member of the band program and found all of her support and camaraderie through that department. Jarrett Lipman and Alan Sharps, band directors, did phenomenal jobs at keeping her competitive band life as balanced as it could reasonably during competition season with her regular school life. She made wonderful friends, traveled extensively with the band, took part in other extracurricular activities, and had four really good years. My son starts as a freshman at CTJHS this fall and we look forward to more school success. GO JAGS!

Last modified Johnson High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.