Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Forester is a great school. It's very large but overall everyone is very friendly. The office staff seem very rude at times. Also the Principal is unapproachable if you have a concern and need assistance ask for the Vice Principal, Nicole Guzman she is always helpful

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

So far we were blessed with amazing teachers. I know that my daughter's teacher had a baby and she was out for a good while. The substitute that was put on didn't know how to manage a first grade class but with parents helping we got things managed

I have three children in Forester and I loved this school. It was always family friendly and my kids enjoyed all the activities they did throughout the year. We lost the BEST principle when they removed Mr. Davenport as principal for something not true! The district put in this new principle who wanted to change things and made this school feel like we are dropping our babies off to a prison! We are not allowed to have lunch with the kids, we can't go in for drop off in the mornings and talk with the teacher about any thing, can't comfort your child when they are having a bad morning, after school pick-up...don't even get me started on!! The district was contacted and she had to change things back to pick up in the front of school but things are still all screwed up..my kids are still all over, many children can not be found. They have little second graders (6-7 yr olds) outside in portables and we can't even walk our children out there!!! This school used to be rated a 9 but now a 7. That should tell everyone and NISD ADMINISTRATION something just isn't right at that school. Think things would have been better giving Ms. Guzman the VP, the principal position and school!

Stay away from this school. The principal is unprofessional late to her own meeting set by her. A little on the rude side when speaking to others. If you are trying to get answers from the office don't hold your breath. They walk around like they are doing important things..which is not the case. Don't get me started on dismissal. Traffic pile up is ridiculous as well. It sad because this school is in a great neighborhood but ran by people that are dragging the school down. Plus a handful of amazing teachers but are missed by the mess the rest of the school is. If your concerned about your child well being and expect the teacher to be as well..they won't. Just a heads up from personal experience.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Some teachers are amazing and deserve more credit while others just skate by the skin of their teeth.

Develops character: Disagree

I feel the students feelings are put into consideration in many situations or they are told to wait, never gets what they needed. Sad!!

My child has attended for 3rd, 4th and 5th grade. Her teachers have been absolutely wonderful. The school has a great variety of clubs and programs for the students. A few of the fun school events have been stopped since the new principal took over at the end of last year, but that hasn't seemed to change the great spirit of most teachers and staff. You will be one of the lucky ones if your child is assigned to this school.

My daughter went to Forester for a little over a year. We were extremely pleased with everything there. Her teacher was fantastic and we really miss her this year. Any child in Mrs. Gutierrez's class is made to feel special. Mr. Davenport is a phenominal principal. After moving to another school in the district I can definately say not all schools are equal.

My two children transferred from Lackland Elementary School, and I was concerned about the change of schools. The adjustment for my children did not create any problems. The teachers are very caring and I can tell that they care about their student's education. I am very pleased with Forester! My son has gotten straight As two years in a row, and my daughter is in the honor roll. Great school!

My daughter transferred from Lewis to Forester for her last year of elementary school and we were very impressed. We were always happy with Lewis but I guess what we didn't know didn't hurt us. Forester keeps the parents involved and the teachers and administrators are very available to parents and students alike. They offer many clubs and "extras" that make school fun. The leadership of the principal, Mr. Davenport, makes it all happen. I was torn when the boundaries changed whether to move my daughter or keep her at Lewis. It was a great change and I am proud of the school!

Last modified Forester Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.