Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Forester Elementary School 4

Posted July 22, 2016
Forester is a great school. It's very large but overall everyone is very friendly. The office staff seem very rude at times. Also the Principal is unapproachable if you have a concern and need assistance ask for the Vice Principal, Nicole Guzman she is always helpful

Grateful to: School leader

Posted July 22, 2016
Ms Guzman is great she is always available abs willing to help when there is a need. She has been there for a while she is great

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted September 10, 2015
I would love to thank a few teachers but my main teacher is Mrs. Hawkins kindergarten teacher!!! Both my girls were lucky to have her as their kindergarten teacher. She is AMAZING with her students and always kept the parents involved as much as possible. My pre-k student this year even loves her and hasn't even been in her class as a student. My girls look forward to seeing her for hugs as they move up in grades. My second grader was so scared the beginning of the week this year, Mrs. Hawkins knows that my daughter has attachment issues and went out of her way to take my girl by the hand, comfort her and walk her to her class area in the gym. Since parents are not allowed to do that anymore, which is so stupid in my opinion! Thank you Mrs. Hawkins for being the best teacher I have got to know at this school! I wish more teachers were like you! Its obvious how much you make things enjoyable there because the kids love you so much! Keep up the awesome job!!

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted September 10, 2015
So far we were blessed with amazing teachers. I know that my daughter's teacher had a baby and she was out for a good while. The substitute that was put on didn't know how to manage a first grade class but with parents helping we got things managed

Forester Elementary School 2

Posted September 10, 2015
I have three children in Forester and I loved this school. It was always family friendly and my kids enjoyed all the activities they did throughout the year. We lost the BEST principle when they removed Mr. Davenport as principal for something not true! The district put in this new principle who wanted to change things and made this school feel like we are dropping our babies off to a prison! We are not allowed to have lunch with the kids, we can't go in for drop off in the mornings and talk with the teacher about any thing, can't comfort your child when they are having a bad morning, after school pick-up...don't even get me started on!! The district was contacted and she had to change things back to pick up in the front of school but things are still all screwed up..my kids are still all over, many children can not be found. They have little second graders (6-7 yr olds) outside in portables and we can't even walk our children out there!!! This school used to be rated a 9 but now a 7. That should tell everyone and NISD ADMINISTRATION something just isn't right at that school. Think things would have been better giving Ms. Guzman the VP, the principal position and school!

Forester Elementary School 2

Posted August 25, 2015
Stay away from this school. The principal is unprofessional late to her own meeting set by her. A little on the rude side when speaking to others. If you are trying to get answers from the office don't hold your breath. They walk around like they are doing important things..which is not the case. Don't get me started on dismissal. Traffic pile up is ridiculous as well. It sad because this school is in a great neighborhood but ran by people that are dragging the school down. Plus a handful of amazing teachers but are missed by the mess the rest of the school is. If your concerned about your child well being and expect the teacher to be as well..they won't. Just a heads up from personal experience.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted August 25, 2015
Some teachers are amazing and deserve more credit while others just skate by the skin of their teeth.

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted August 25, 2015
I was disrespected by the teacher as well as principal. The staff in the office truly are there for show.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted August 25, 2015
I feel the students feelings are put into consideration in many situations or they are told to wait, never gets what they needed. Sad!!

Forester Elementary School 5

Posted May 20, 2015
My child has attended for 3rd, 4th and 5th grade. Her teachers have been absolutely wonderful. The school has a great variety of clubs and programs for the students. A few of the fun school events have been stopped since the new principal took over at the end of last year, but that hasn't seemed to change the great spirit of most teachers and staff. You will be one of the lucky ones if your child is assigned to this school.

10726 Rousseau, San Antonio, TX  78245
Last modified Forester Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.