Carnahan Elementary School 4

Posted September 06, 2012
I had a great experience with Carnahan. I felt communication was open, the drop off/pick up situation was easy, it was very easy to pay if your child wanted to have lunch at school, loved that I could go have lunch with my son too. I loved his kinder teacher and could definitely see improvement and see skills he was learning at school. We had to move and I very much miss this school!

Carnahan Elementary School 1

Posted April 07, 2012
Well i have been reading these comments and the fact is the admin staff is wonderful my child Kinder teacher does not know what she is doing my child started kinder knowing all that was required and somehow he lost everything from being in her class, I had to get my child tutors and teach him myself at home I have no clue in what goes on in my child's class but he tells me he does not like his teacher and he wants to go to a different school. Worst school ever!!!!!!!!!!

Posted January 10, 2012
2nd year here at Carnahan and my girls and I love it!! Great staff, great principal and wonderful teachers - Ms. Valdez (Pre-K) and Mrs. James (Kinder) best teachers ever.

Posted August 18, 2011
I can honestly say I LOVE this school. It wasn't until moving to a different area/different school, that I truly began to appreciate Carnahan and all of its staff. The front office staff are super friendly and answer all your questions without hesitation. They knew me and my kids by name, and even recognized my voice when I would call the school. The principal is awesome. I always saw her at all the family fun nights, and every morning she is in the front of the school to wish each kid a good morning, and shake their hand. She truly is a great principal to know all of her 500-600 kids by name! As far as the teachers, I can speak of only the teachers I came in contact with. PreK- Ms. Valdez, is awesome! She had my girl reading before kinder.. can't get better than that! Kinder- Ms. Masters, she is a great teacher, and has that loving, nurturing feeling about her, which eases the anxiety of a kindergartner. My son absolutely loved her, and he learned so much. 1st- Mrs. Baker was the best! She had my son reading above level, and was always looking out for his well being! Parent involvement is awesome. PTA nights.. get there early for good seats. It's a packed house!

Posted July 01, 2010
I taught at Carnahan for the last two years and the administration and staff is absolutely the BEST I have every worked with in my 22 years of teaching! The only reason for leaving is to be closer to home! I know that Carnahan is only going to get better and better!

Carnahan Elementary School 0

Posted April 19, 2010
This is one of the most innovative schools, clean, excellent academic programs with Pre-K and specialized services where siblings with special needs and Preschoolers can attend the same school. Excellent environment; attentive staff.

Carnahan Elementary School 1

Posted February 02, 2010

Posted March 23, 2009
This is a brand new school and i cannot say enough good things about this elementary. The staff is a great team, not to mention the empahsis is constantly on the children and ensuring that their individual needs are met.

Posted February 05, 2009

Carnahan Elementary School
6839 Babcock Road, San Antonio, TX  78249
Last modified Carnahan Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carnahan Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top