San Antonio, TX
Before care: Yes

Posted April 24, 2014
BFCS is the school foryou if you want small classes, excellent curruculum that is constantly reviewed and tweaked, and outstanding caring teachers, as well as a Head of school that is one of the most experienced the school has ever had. I was a staff member there until I retired and continue to send a family member to be educated there. I choose to do that for the reasons I just listed but mostly because of the Bible based curriculum. Religion is not hammered into them like many schools. It is modeled on a daily basis by the adults in charge. There is no perfect school. But BFCS is perfect for me and i would encourage you to visit and see for yourself.

Posted April 21, 2014
Excellent school. A parent should place their child(ren) here if they are looking for a well-balanced education, that includes character development in a caring environment. BFCS has a great principal, who is VERY experienced (was the principal at Hardy Oak Elem for many years), and she is very caring She is a great role model for students. The teachers are the best, too. My son was sick one day and I got a text, checking on him, from his teacher. This never happened in public school. This school has been a TRUE blessing for my family!

Posted April 15, 2014
Great things are happening at Buckner Fanning Christian School! I am honored to work among dedicated Christians who put the needs of kids academically, emotionally and spiritually FIRST. The leadership has high expectations academically and works tirelessly with a servant's heart. Teachers, administrators, support staff and parents work endless hours to make BFCS a school that every student and family can be proud of. Without the testing emphasis of public education, teachers at Buckner can concentrate on true learning and knowledge, not test taking skills. Many exciting things have happened on this campus this year to include book clubs, science fair, field trips for middle school and elementary students, a Texas Celebration Night, music programs, and more! As a retired teacher from a large school district, I can honestly say that I am proud to work on such a hardworking, kid focused campus with wonderful coworkers and administration.

Posted April 15, 2014
I love BFCS for my two children. Previously my children were enrolled in a local public school and another local private school. Those schools could not provide the academic rigor that my children needed. BFCS is dedicated to teaching children in a way that is meaningful and engaging with a foundation on Christ. No other school can compare with BFCS's academics and Biblical influence.

Posted April 15, 2014
Buckner Fanning Christian School is a great school that provides an exemplary education with a strong Christian foundation. The school is committed to small class sizes which allows more one to one time for the students. The current leadership is far superior to past years and has made great strides in advancing the programs. The campus is a unique beautiful hill country setting. There is very much a community feel to the campus - it's really an extended family. If you are looking for a school for your child/ren, I would highly recommend BFCS.

Posted April 15, 2014
Buckner Fanning Christian School is an excellent school. The small class size and Christian education set it apart from the public and private schools in the area. The teachers have great relationships with the students and we are able to differentiate our instruction based on the needs of the children. Change can be difficult but it is required in all organizations. I am proud of the work we do at BFCS and I know it is a great place for children to learn and teachers to work.

Posted April 15, 2014
I am a parent of a first grader here at BFCS. We were in the public school system for part of kinder and then moved here. The smaller class size and the teachers have been awesome. Not only is my child getting more one on one attention in the classroom, the students are also getting more variety and creativity. They get PE every day, gardening, music, Spanish, computers, and art every week, Christian Ed everyday. My child has grown so much academically, socially, and spiritually here. My husband and I could not be happier. The teachers here want to be here and truly love their jobs and are excited to be here. We will be bringing our youngest here next year for preschool!! I would definitely recommend this school to everyone. I love it here! And the parents and other students are great as well. I love how involved all the parents are in their children's' education.

Posted April 15, 2014
Devotion to God, to students, and to colleagues, that s what distinguishes the BFCS staff. As a veteran teacher and member of the church sharing space with the school, I ve enjoyed watching BFCS grow and transform. Although it s been excellent for years, I couldn t help but notice the positive changes that have occurred since the new HOS took charge. The increase in academic rigor allows students to feel challenged but not overwhelmed. While public schools must focus almost exclusively on subjects covered by state-mandated testing, BFCS works to enhance student learning in foreign languages, the arts, and religious education. The school also draws from our wealth of community resources, bringing in special programs and presenters, as well as taking students out of the classroom for hands-on learning excursions. The most notable improvement has been an increase in professional excellence. Teachers regularly analyze and elevate their own practice. Staff members work together to assess curricular materials and develop educational plans that ensure student success. This dedication to the art of teaching sets BFCS apart from other schools, and their students happily reap the benefits.

Posted December 04, 2013
BFCS is an exceptional value that is largely unknown in the community. BFCS provides a Christ centered world class academic experience in a small classroom setting. Both of our children attend BFCS and perform at least one grade level above buddies from their prior school. Our neighborhood elementary school has an Exemplary rating, but we still choose BFCS. Even more important than academic excellence, BCFS creates a sense of belonging where children gain the self-confidence and character they will need in adolescence, through teenage years and into young adulthood. Currently, capacity exceeds demand at BFCS. However, simply concentrating marketing efforts within a five mile radius of the school will dramatically increase awareness and demand. I strongly encourage any parent with PK through 8th grade age children to do everything they possibly can to enroll them.

Posted October 09, 2012
Buckner Fanning Christian School has exceeded our expectations. We started new this year after looking at most of the private schools in San Antonio. Our middle schooler loves the school, the new friends and the teachers. The sports program is top notch, with a great coaches on top of wonderful academics. Our third grader transitioned so well into this school. He is loving it, and very excited to attend Buckner. From the elementary school to the middle school, we can not say enough good things about Buckner Fanning Christian School. Go Bobcats!

Buckner Fanning Christian School
975 Mission Springs, San Antonio, TX  78258
Last modified Buckner Fanning Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Buckner Fanning Christian School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top