Posted July 13, 2014
Can't wait for the school year to start. I have an incoming 6th grader and she is thrilled to be at the Junior School. Name another middle school where students are excited to attend. I love that there is so much to offer. Great athletics. fabulous fine arts, and a ton of extra-curricular clubs like academic UIL to Destination Imagination to Robotics. I love what they are doing there! PS - the teachers are strong and caring and the Admin is fabulous! Again, can't wait for the year to start.

Alamo Heights J High School 4

Posted May 01, 2014
My daughter entered the 8th grade in Alamo Heights Middle School. Meeting the teachers during the first weeks of school was a great opportunity for us parents. I was impressed with the quality of the teachers! I loved the fact I met all the teacher, knew their expectations, and their contact information. My daughters averages in all the subjects were above previous years due to the fact she enjoyed her teaches. The principal is AWESOME. He personally came to introduce himself the day we registered! and lastly, I went to one PTO meeting to see if they needed parent volunteers but to my surprise there was more parents than they needed!

Posted August 26, 2013
Alamo Heights Junior School works hard to make sure ALL students are successful. Whether you are a high achiever and participating in our academic UIL programs or a struggling student trying to hide in the shadows...you will be noticed by a teacher or administrator and they will do their best to engage with you. The academic standards are continuing to rise as students are prepared for ever more challenging work at the next level. Social struggles that are common at this age are aggressively addressed, not ignored. Parents are engaged and are asked to help be a part of the solution. I am far more impressed with our public school than I am with the regional private schools. I just wish our government supported public education fully. Please use your influence to support public education that is already paid for by tax dollars without diverting funds to charter schools or vouchers. Public school works and is an essential part of a democratic society!

Posted August 23, 2013
Alamo heights junior school is a creative, exciting place to learn. They have the most caring, well educated teachers. The atmosphere is fun and very inclusive. They do a great job with the kids.

Posted August 22, 2013
Hurray for a great Junior School experience! This will be our son's 8th grade year and so far he has had excellent classroom instruction in his GT classes and well-rounded opportunities with school athletics, the strings program and student service clubs, such as NJSH and the Tutor Outreach Program (TOP). He will be prepared to be a High School student by the end of this school year, thanks to the leadership of the strong administration, teachers and staff.

Posted August 22, 2013
Alamo Heights is a great school district. The parents are very involved in all of the schools and work very well with the faculty and staff. This is made possible by the leaders of the school that are committed to making our experiences the best that they can be. Parents and students fill out reviews of the classes and teachers each year and I have personally seen changes made for the better from our feedback. The teachers are really committed to our students and want them to succeed. All in all we have had a great experience in Alamo Heights.

Posted August 22, 2013
AHJS has awesome teachers and staff. They work closely with all the students to ensure the best education around. Over thirty percent of our district is on the free and reduced lunch plan provided by the state, however we have an extremely high graduation rate with over 95% of our graduating seniors attending college. Lives are changed at AH. It is truly a great school. Dr. Jones our principal is very in touch with the student body and is a true leader on campus. The parental involvement at AH is what makes our district unique. WE truly are one of a kind.

Alamo Heights J High School 2

Posted March 02, 2013
It was ok. I used to go to school here. Its really hard to fit in if you're new unless you know people. There's a big bullying problem and most of the kids here are very elitist and rude. I didn't like it because of the bullying and some of the teachers were awful. Its all about looks and money there. If you don't dress nice you'd be bullied and be an outcast. The regular classes are terrible and only the GT classes offer quality education. I would NOT recomend AHJS. -Former Student

Alamo Heights J High School 1

Posted November 03, 2012
AHJS was good for someone who likes easy classes and a big student body. It seemed that most people who "fit in" were pretentious and snooty. Anyone who was not rich or white, was an immediate outcast. In order to make the sports teams, your family had to be connected to the school financially. I was amazed at how excluding the students could be. I would not recommend this school, I left last year.

Posted October 22, 2012
i been transferred to this school and i love it. Everyone is so helpful, kind and polite. The school has lots of stuff to get involved with. Dr jones the principal is so nice, i really like him. I love this school and recomed to take your child to this junior school. GO MULES - 6th grade student

Alamo Heights J High School
7607 North New Braunfels Avenue, San Antonio, TX  78209
Last modified Alamo Heights J High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Alamo Heights J High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top