Bad
Good

We love it. Everything is run like a fine piece of machine. The teachers, front desk staff and everyone works super hard. Mr. Simpson and Mrs. Caudill are incdible. Thank you!

My daughter has gone to Woodridge for two years and she loves it! We have been very blessed with GREAT teachers! Principal is very involved as well as the parents! The atmosphere is good and overall it has been a great experience!

Pulled my child from here because of lack of gifted programming that truly addresses gifted kids intellectual and emotional needs. My daughter's homeroom teacher in 3rd grade told me that she didnt want her "reading so much." She had a student teacher who was rude, and my daughter dreaded going to school. No amount of student conferences helped the situation. I home school using Johns Hopkins online courses which she earned highest honors on their testing. Their "Heights" program is a craft club for bright kids. Nothing more.

The Good: The school is welcoming to parents, very nice parents, high degree of parent involvement. I enjoyed almost all the staff. (one secretary in the office is outrageously rude), but everyone else is exceptionally kind. For this I give 3 stars. The bad: Mediocre "enrichment" Gifted program, could be so much better, nice teachers, but none are GT endorsed. I was told that the board has stakeholders who refuse to allow GT kids to be clustered academically, or accelerated. My daughter was bored and lonely. She begged me to home school this year. In just the 1st month of home school she has finished the next grade. My son would have been in the junior high gifted program, but we opted for Stanford University's Online High School the last 2 years. As an 7th grader, he took the ACTs in June and did not only well enough to be accepted to college, but highest commendation from Duke's TIP. It is sad to me that a district with so many resources refuses to make a place for highly and profoundly gifted students to reach their potential. Would love it if they could follow Spring Branch ISD in creating a School/Program for Highly Gifted Students.

At Woodridge Elementary School, it is crystal clear that children are the top priority. The level of education rivals that of private institutions. Teachers are highly educated, very dedicated and talented individuals whose sole goal is to nurture children's minds and spirits. Safety is also a top concern at our school, which has recently taken many precautions to ensure our kids have the safest learning environment.

Woodridge Elementary was a first choice for an elementary school when we moved to San Antonio from Dallas in 2004. We have great experiences since 2006 (when our oldest child started first grade.) Our youngest child will be a fourth grader in the Spanish Immersion program this year. We are so thankful for all the school has to offer is students!

We have been 100% satisfied with this school in the Alamo Heights District. The principal has a good relationship with the teachers and is open to trying new ideas. There is a focus on health and wellness. PE and recess are a regular part of each day. Music, art, and orchestra electives are still funded.

Awesome school. Fabulous teachers. Great principal. Though we are sorry to see him leaving. Great news is he is heading to help the Junior School. The atmosphere at Woodridge is definitely student centered. My child has been challenged and loves going to school every day. We love Woodridge.

The Woodridge Elementary experience has been amazing. The teachers are first class and the leadership is exceptional. Our child is in the Spanish Immersion and Heights (gifted/talented) and both programs have exceeded our expectations. In addition, special activities such as Science Night ,the Halloween carnival, the Technology Expo, and the Cowboy Breakfast create numerous opportunities for learning and fun.

The staff is the best, and the parent volunteers are awesome!! Great school!!

Last modified Woodridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.