Bad
Good

School has great staff and located in Alamo Ranch, which is a convenient location because the school is in the heart of the community and is very accessible for the students to walk or ride a bike to campus. The campus has great cyber-security club as well led by extremely intelligent facilitators.

My son has attended Briscoe for the last two years. I have found the staff, administration, counselors, and volunteers to be very engaged with the students and their parents. I must add that my son is involved in quite a few extra curricular activities at the school, and the Principal, Mr. Martinez, is ALWAYS present at every event. I don't know how Mr. Martinez does it, but he does a great job of being involved. Briscoe challenges the students, keeps parents informed, and reaches out to our military community and our military children. As a college level faculty member, I have a data point in which to rate Briscoe and Briscoe Middle School gets five stars from me! I am looking forward to my elementary school age son to attend Briscoe as well.

My son attended Briscoe MS two years ago. I absolutely loved the school, the administration, and the staff; all of which remain at the campus. The foundation that my son built, with the support of the amazing staff, could not have been sturdier. Every teacher he had at Briscoe, challenged him to be the best he could be; they taught him work ethic in a developmentally appropriate manner for a child in MS. He has been very successful in HS as a result of the level of education he received during those years at Briscoe. The band program prepared my son for the rigors of a HS band program. Briscoe is a school worth moving in to the neighborhood for. NISD is frequently referred to as the destination district in San Antonio; Briscoe MS is the destination middle school.

The administration is very helpful, Mr. Martinez is so involved with the students. My kids wish they can go back to Briscoe. It's the best school they have been too. Always brought home honor roll.

My child has attended this school for the last two years-6th and 7th grade. It has been okay-not great. The Science department can use better qualified teachers. My child has had terrible science teachers both years. Also, too much public displays of affection in the hallways by the students. The administration needs to get a little more tough on enforcing the rules. Plus, unless you read the Briscoe web page, you will have no idea what is going on in the school. A big change from elementary where you receive communication weekly to almost never. Hopefully next year will be better.

As a student teacher, I was fortunate enough to complete my observation hours at Briscoe. I learned the best teaching practices from knowledgeable teachers who genuinely care about the well-being of their students. The teachers and IA work together to do what is best for the class and individual students.

We are a military family and last year my daughter entered 6th grade at Briscoe MS after 4 years in foreign schools. The staff, teachers and administration at Briscoe made her transition unbelievably smooth. She is doing well, working hard, and very happy due to the diligence of all Briscoe's staff. The policies such as 'no-bullying' etc. have given her the confidence needed to learn. I have spent time at the school, and I am amazed with how harmonious a population of middle schoolers can be! The learning atmosphere is superb and the relationship with parents very open and welcoming. In addition to the academics, the activities at Briscoe are very well done and inspiring to the children. The Theatre Arts program has been wonderful for both my child's public speaking skills and creativity. I am particularly impressed with the athletics program that encourages young people to stay healthy, work hard, and be all they can be. In short, my husband and I have nothing but positive things to say about Briscoe Middle School. The leadership, caring for our young people, and quality of education is superb.

I have a 6th grader that transitioned beautifully to Briscoe due to the outstanding support and guidance received by ALL staff members at the school. Everyone we have met along the way seems genuinely concerned about the students and go the extra mile to make sure they are given the opportunity to succeed. As a parent, I could not ask for more.

My son is in the 6th grade he is in Pre AP classes and an A honor roll student. During orientation, the principal told the parents to let him know if our children did not have the best first day of school ever. My son came home the first day, so we asked him, and he stated that it was the best first day of school he had experienced! To this day, our son is still having a great time and looks forward to going to school each day. The staff at Briscoe seem to genuinely care about their students and families! The level of communication at Briscoe is by far the best of any school we have dealt with. The overall atmosphere of the school is great, and this is a direct reflection of the staff and it's leadership. These are just a few reasons that we moved to be zoned for this school.

I have been involved with four different school districts over the course of the last four years and I am so amazed at the level of service and accountability that I see form the staff at Briscoe Middle school. I currently have children enrolled in two other schools in the district and Briscoe is by far the best school of the three both for teaching staff and communication with the parents. I also want to mention that they have a very high level of professionalism while still maintaining the best customer service when caring for parents needs as well as student services they seem to always go above and beyond in ensuring that the students needs are met.

Last modified Briscoe Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.