Cibolo Green Elementary School 1

Posted October 24, 2014
My child does not feel safe in San Antonio. A student threatened to kill my child while sleeping. The school was notified, nothing was done. Two weeks later another student threatened to stab then rip my child's face off. This is not acceptable behavior! I feel sorry for the students who have to attend this school. We are moving! Perhaps if the 'school' had done something about the first threat there would not have been a second.

Cibolo Green Elementary School 4

Posted August 30, 2014
I have 3 kids that have gone here since the opening of the school. One has moved on to middle school and the other 2 are in 5th grade. My kids are all in the special education program. 2 in regular classes and 1 in ALE class. Our overall experience has been great. The first year was rough at times...but all the staff have been very supportive each year to the individual needs of all my kids! Special education teachers and assistants are awesome! And the regular classroom teachers have done a very good job. All my kids are visually impaired (differently) and one with CP too. Most teachers do not have experience teaching visually impaired students, but overall...all the teachers took on the challenge wonderfully!! Kudos too everyone!

Posted August 03, 2014
My youngest daughter has attended CG since the start of 1st grade. She's now going into 4th grade. We've had all around positive experiences from the admin staff, to the nurse, to all of her teachers. When she's struggled, they provided math tutoring. She enjoys the Spanish classes, and the daily PE classes too. We came from a school in Ca that PE was only every 2 weeks! So to see an elementary school that values PE and the arts, music and language is exceptional in our opinions. Overall we are very happy with our choice to move into a neighboring subdivision to attend this elementary school.

Posted June 18, 2014
We just finished kindergarten at Cibolo Green and had a fantastic experience. The school uses Covey's 7 principles and encourages the students to be "self-managers." They get music, Spanish, PE, and library as extras with art on a monthly basis. There are many opportunities for parents to get involved as much or as little as they want. There is great communication between parents and the school and a safe environment. Overall, a great learning environment and we are happy to be in this district.

Cibolo Green Elementary School 2

Posted December 08, 2013
Its hit and miss at this school. There are a few great teachers along with a fe I am w that should not be teaching.... I have witnessed and spoke to other parents of children in this school about teachers who yell and degrade their students. If you have a child with special needs, find a different school. Although there are a (few) exceptional special educators at this school, there also are inexperienced, unmotivated special educators who have no place in a teaching role. Don't expect the administration to look out for your clild either. The principal actually denied gym access to the kids in one of the adaptive PE classes, leaving them to conduct PE in the hallway of the school. Bottom line, you enroll your child in this school and you are taking a risk. Good Luck!

Cibolo Green Elementary School 1

Posted March 17, 2013
Sorry but I am going to be blunt and honest writing what others in our neighborhood will say but not publish. This school, though rated highly, does not compare to our experience in other NEISD schools. Let us begin with the absence of a full enriching curriculum - art for example is omitted from the curriculum but children get PE up top 5 days a week. I know obesity is a problem in this area, but I do not see why arts and music should be compromised, when both tie into facilitating other areas of learning, due to those parents that cannot take care of their own children's health. There is a lack of tenured teachers. The school is a revolving door which means that your child may be in a classroom with someone learning the job, which can impact learning! Zero communication. No notes home as the school is GREEN - but what about email? Heck they do not even bother to notify you about conferences, you have to remember to look on the website in case they have bothered to post it there! Obsessed with test scores BUT the district pass on reading is ...37%!!! So the school may look great but this means anyone can pass and means nothing in terms of ability! Please - lets change this!

Cibolo Green Elementary School 2

Posted June 09, 2012
Where to begin.. should I start with the fact that the only homework sent home is to help them practice for the 'TEST', OR that bullying goes unchecked if the child being bullied isn't from the preferred neighborhood, or if their parent isn't one of the MANY that spend all day there discussing other kids and their families' problems. There are no paper notifications sent home, they rely on the internet - because they are GREEN. While this is an excellent idea, it's implementation isn't shared among all the instructors, and the result is often chaotic. I moved my child into this attendance area, with high hopes for a great experience. However, after a very hard year, in which the teacher failed to grade papers and reply to emails about 'missing work', I moved her out again. Hard for her in the short term, but she had an excellent year this year at a better-run school. I waited to post this with the hope things would turn around this year, but after talking to friends who remained, I realized the problems were still there. Maybe it's because i grew up on the east coast, where education is sacred. It would be nice if the administration remembered what they are there for - TEACHING!!!

Posted May 07, 2012
I was worried my 5th grader would having a difficult time adjusting because he attended the same school from K-4 nearby, but we moved and I also have a Kindergartener so we changed schools. I was blown away by the kindness of the staff, administration and PTA. I have never felt more welcomed to join the PTA at any other school I have been a part of. (6 other Elementary Schools through my 3 children.) The environment is amazing and they offer so much for the children to participate in. They have great functions like festivals and fun walks and earth day. I also agree that 4 award ceremonies a year are too many, but it is a minor detail. My older son also felt accepted even though many of these students have know each other for years. It has been a very pleasant experience and I look forward to the next 5 years with my younger son.

Cibolo Green Elementary School 3

Posted December 03, 2011
Two of my children attended this school last year. Both of their teachers were fabulous! They learned a lot. However, the administration and district itself need work. 1. School starts at 7:30am! And they are STRICT about tardies. We had to leave our house (in the same neighborhood) at 7:10 in order to get there on time because of traffic at the school. If you have a child in K-2, pick-up is a nightmare, too. 2. There is no art program. 3. The district's GT testing is awful! They have made up their own tests, instead of using national tests and teacher recommendations like other districts. 4. Attendance is highly stressed, to a point of feeling like you should send your kids to school even when they are sick (I never did, but I had friends who did). 5. To second the previous reviewer, the awards ceremonies. 6. If you have a child that needs any help, admin is quick to help in the beginning, but it fades during the year. 7. The principal is nice and involved, but it seems that more emphasis is put on attendance and testing than anything else. I really had high hopes for this school. We moved our kids to a smaller school in a different district and we are all much happier.

Cibolo Green Elementary School 4

Posted June 19, 2011
We had a wonderful year at the first year of this school. The principal is very involved and gets to know all of the parents and students. The school has clubs and many fun and new activities. The teachers are caring and every classroom has i pads and new macs. My only complaint is the awards ceremony held every 9 weeks. At this school, if your child has straight A's and perfect attendance, expect tears every 9 weeks. An award is given every 9 weeks to the outstanding boy & girl in each class, and several other awards are given at the end of the year. The same students get several of these awards, and it is heart-breaking for your child not to receive any of these awards. I have spoken with several other parents who stress over the awards show every 9 weeks. If the principal would do away with the awards presentations, the school would be perfect. The teachers say they are forced to give out these awards, and wish they didn't have to. Only at this school, are you not good enough if you have straight A's and perfect attendance,

Cibolo Green Elementary School
24315 Bulverde Green, San Antonio, TX  78261
Last modified Cibolo Green Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cibolo Green Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top