Bad
Good

Attending catholic schools from elementary to high school, then having taught for several years in a public school, I should have come to CCHC a long time ago. This is the perfect place to send your child to if you want a small community school. Since the class sizes are small, you know your child has a direct relationship with him or her. The best part of this school is the fact that we are reintroducing more health career classes for our middle school grades. Plus, our seniors will have an internship with Metropolitan Methodist Hospital, to expose the many health related fields in the work force. Since we are exposing ourselves to be a true community school, we have a committed partnership with SanAnto Cultural Arts to create a one-of-a-kind beautification mural on display. We have also started a community garden to share our produce with St. Pactrick Catholic Church community. I love what we are becoming!

City Centers Health Careers is an amazing school to attend. It is a fairly new school with being opened for only 4 years. With the new administration on board now, this school has gone through many positive changes in the year 2012-2013 alone with much more positive changes to come. Next year, grades 6-8 will have a medical base class. Also the senior class for next year will attend a medical internship. More sports such as track, 6 man tackle football, softball, and baseball will be implemented next school year as well to go along with the sports we all ready have which is volleyball, girls and boys basketball. Classroom sizes are small so each student gets the help he/she needs by the teacher. There is an afterschool daycare also to help working parents. The students here are fantastic, along with the faculty and staff who are equally fantastic. I highly recommend any parent who has a student coming into the 5th grade or 9th grade next year to check us out, or any parent who has a student in a large school and wants the student to not just be a number, and any parent who has a student interested in persuing the medical fields to come join the CCHC team, grades 6-12.

I just found out that the Seniors will have an internship with Methodist Hospital for their in-service hours and I am thankful for that opportunity! My child will have a first hand experience in the medical field for free! (Scrubs included)

THIS SCHOOL IS MOVING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION, THEY ARE THE 1ST SCHOOL IN SA TO HAVE A COMMUNITY MURAL PROJECT WITH SAN ANTO, AP CLASSES ARE OFFERED, ATHLETICS IS RISING INTO A NEW DIVISION, AND THEY EVEN HAVE A COMMUNITY GARDEN PROJECT IN PROGRESS. THE STUDENTS ENJOY THE SMALL INTIMATE CONNECTIONS WITH FACULTY AND STAFF. MORE AND MORE PARENTS ARE GETTING INVOLVED AS CCHC DEVELOPS A CHARACTER EDUCATION PROGRAM. THIS IS A JEWEL IN THE NILE THAT HAS NOT BEEN DISCOVERED. YET!!!!

This school is going through a major transformation and creating some amazing new programs. They have partnered with the San Anto Cultural Center to do a mural, partnered with Metro Methodist Hospital for internships, and are creating a community garden. Teachers very supportive, excellent teacher student ratio and new science classes make it one of the best kept secrets in SA!

As a parent, I am seeing a new vision and new passion that is taking this school to a whole new level! They are doing what they say they are doing and much much more. We have had several parent meetings over the past two months and this is all very exciting stuff. I am impressed with the mission and now what the website says they do they are doing and more! Great leadership and an amazing staff!

CCHC is a great school! They welcome you with great joy and you feel like at home... Also, their classes are small and they truly care for their students! Teachers contact me often regarding my child's improvement and that is a great one-on-one service! They will also have summer camps for athletics, science and math and that is just too great!!

This School Is not for medic stuff but i will recommended because is small there's no bullies they are very strict with the kids it haves program about volleyball,football. And they gonna have a music club. So the thing is this school is small but there's not a lot problems like other school that have bigger problems the school have change the past 5 years i know it because i been there the teachers are new.

This school is NOT a Health Careers anything. The website is WAY off. I have kept my kids here because it is very small, not because it is medical. I know all of the teachers, weather they teach my kids or not, and they know my kids. I think a lot of us original parents were expecting much more from this school and when that did not pan out many left. It's a brand new school and with that it has gone through a lot of turbulence. None the less my kids are happy, they are not being bullied, and they feel Important. At the normal school they would just be known as a number. I do wish they would include parents more in decisions but I also think many parents have opted out. I work full time but still manage to volunteer at least one hour a week there and as such I get to know the staff and students and feel comfortable about how my kids spend their days. My only complaint would have to be the class Cultural Awareness, it' s a waste of time and only serves to reduce the GPA's of the students who all hate it and therefore refuse to put forth an effort. In the end, DO NOT SEND KIDS HERE WHO WANT TO LEARN MEDICINE; Do send kids who need more of an intimate small school setting to succeed.

March 2012 My child has been there since the first year. Do not believe anything on the website. The promises on the site are the promises we were made 3-4 years ago. But the visionary staff that made those promises are gone. (Head, Rochester, Samkin, YKWYA). They now have a nice faculty of young people and a good principal on a salvage mission. I'm sure they have a great NEW vision, copy of Brooks Academy. It IS a good school but it's NOT what you see here.They do not seem focused on Health Careers, Parent Partners, or afterschool clubs. The kids mill around outside in all weather without official activities or provided snacks. There IS something wrong with the board and management company. They are a faceless condescending entity. Parents are never involved in decisions about the direction of the school. He rudely scolded a crowd of adults for not picking up kids on time, in the now cancelled parent meetings. Lost all credibility. You will sign a compact pledging to help but you will not be asked. They have favorites. There is no home learning program, no parent involvement. Maybe they grew more interested in numbers than in the best students. More students = more money.

Last modified City Center Health Careers is a Charter school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.