Posted August 14, 2014
My oldest son just finished up elementary school here and came out with far better study skills than his public school peers. My youngest son has gone to this school for 1st and 2nd grade and we could not be happier. No school is perfect, but this school is really great. The students get homework here! In addition to STARR, they use the NWEA test to gauge progress. There are awesome incentive programs for Accelerated Reader. The PTO is approachable and active. By far, this school is worth a tour and worth the time.

Posted April 29, 2014
By far this school is one of the best! Thank you Mrs. Rogers for being just a great Vice principal and being involved in ALL the students school lives! I am looking forward for three more years at this school for my oldest daughter; and seven more years for my twins.

Posted January 24, 2014
We first visited SST-Alamo because my son loves math and science. After completing the enrollment process my son was ecstatic to begin his 1st grade year! This year has been going great- everyone is super nice and works with the kids well, making sure they understand what they are learning so they can excel to their full potential. My son loves his new school and is looking forward to continuing his education at SST-Alamo! I also love that even as young as Kinder the kids can be involved in extra curricular activities/clubs, this was very important to me (that was a big upset in his public kinder school to me). I have recommend this school to all my friends. Oh, anther BIG factor I love is the school is super safe with great security features!!!

Posted October 23, 2013
This is my children's first year at this school. I absolutely love the diversity of the teachers in this school. We came from a mostly all white public school. My fifth grader is excelling in every class she is in; and actually learning about the world around her. I am so happy that it not all about the STARS and teaching kids to bubble in the answers at this school. My two first graders couldn't be more happier at this school.Everyday they are ecstatic to go to school in the morning. Honestly, the thing I love the most about this school is the homework, they actually give these kids the right amount of homework for their age groups. SST-Alamo keep up the good work, I am very pleased in what I have seen so far. I got one more shout out for the Principal, I was at the school picking up my sick daughter when there was an accident where a parent could not pick up her child right away, the Principal took charge and cared for the child as if that child was his own and took him to the nearest E.R. I have NEVER seen this done before, I was blown away by this very caring Principal. This right here made me a fan of SST-Alamo for life.

School Of Science And Technology - 1

Posted October 22, 2013
My child is currently in his second year at this school and it's been a terrible experience. When he attended public school he was happier and I could tell he was improving intellectually. He has grown stagnant since attending this school. I'm currently searching for a different school for him to attend. I did not believe him when he told me that he had trouble understanding his teachers (many have Turkish accents) until I had a face to face meeting with the teacher. I felt so bad for my son! How could he learn math from a teacher who could barely put a sentence together? The office staff is very disorganized as well. The assistant principal will tell parents that the school is "too rigorous" for many students and that's why parents pull their kids out of school. The truth is that many parents pull their kids out of this school due to the accent issue in addition to the fact that there are not enough desks to accommodate the number of students in the classroom. I really could go on and on, but I will stop here.

School Of Science And Technology - 1

Posted October 04, 2012
My child is now in their second year attending this school. My child has had more A's than in five years in public school. However, when arrangements are made for 6th-8th graders to go on an out-of-town field trip to a Turkish fair, you'd think at least the students taking Turkish foreign language class would be first to have seats on the bus, rather than the students taking Spanish. I think it's very unfortunate that the number of students, teachers, and chaperones were not taken into account when reserving a bus. How are you going to call THE DAY BEFORE and tell the parent there's no room for about 20 students, not to mention that the school staff left it up to the parents of the negated students to inform them they are being left at the school while the other approximately 100 students and classmates are allowed to go? There are many more things that are not right with this school, such as the teachers losing assignments or not recording grades, erroneous charges to lunch accounts even when the student is absent, doctor's notes brought in and given to homeroom teachers never making it to the front office for accountability, etc.

Posted April 10, 2011
My child was in a public school in the Judson school district and was not being challenged. I pulled her out and placed her in the school of science and technology. She is making straight A's and loving school. The teachers and staff are absolutely wonderful. I am so glad I learned about this school. Now I know she can reach her full potential.

Posted November 10, 2010
This school believes the staff and parents are a team, working with the child towards his/her success. I have never seen a school care about the academic levels of EVERY child in the school. They give a whole new meaning to no child left behind. AND they listen to their parents. A few parents were noticing some unkind behavior between students, so they discussed it with an administrator. The administrator took action and the entire school had an Anti-Bullying week. The students learned about what is bullying, what to do if you know about someone that is bullying and even how to choose to not be a bully. I know my kids are getting an education that meets the highest academic standards from people that truely care for them. These teachers help them overcome their weaknesses and encourage their strengths. Thank you SST-Alamo!

Posted October 26, 2010
SST-Alamo istruly a great place to work. Its emphasis on education and discipline create a great environment for learning. All teachers and staff work very hard to accomplish state goals and objectives and to plan fun and educational activities as well. The atmosphere and higher educational goals are great and I would recommend this school to anybody.

Posted October 26, 2010
The School of Science and Technology is a unique school with a nurturing environment. Teachers truly care about the success of all students, and go above and beyond with extracurricular activities. Teachers participate in many activities along with students and their families in order to foster good lines of communication and support.

School Of Science And Technology -
12200 Crownpoint Drive, San Antonio, TX  78233
Last modified School Of Science And Technology - is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
School Of Science And Technology - Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top