Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I feel that my granddaughter is getting a better quality education than in public school if for no other reason than the children at this school have manners and are respectful.

Everyone associated with this school from grounds maintenance to security have constantly demonstrated a very professional approach. Your staff cares about the future of these young minds. As a grandparent, I thank you for your service.

First let me say this school is not for everyone. But this school is excellent for my child. The rotating schedule and the fact that they are taught in groups based off of how well they grasp the material is an excellent approach and prevents children from being left behind. Depending upon the subject my child has been in both the lower level class and advanced class and by the end of the year she is always on target or higher. Everyone that I have ever dealt with has been friendly and all my calls and texts have been returned in a timely manner. My daughter has even called her teachers and they have assisted her with her homework. The school does have strict policies and they follow each rule no matter how minor which can drive a parent crazy but at the end of the day it is our responsibility to make sure our kids follow the rules.

This is the absolute WORST IDEA school ever! My family moved here from the Valley. My niece graduated from IDEA Donna & my older daughter attended an IDEA McAllen which is why we chose this school thinking they were all great. WRONG!!! Maybe the IDEA school at South Flores is good but not Carver. Terrible leadership from Ms. Arismendi who replaced Mr. Mason. She fired some teachers, but kept others who should have never been hired in the first place. How can this school get kids into college without highly qualified, certified teachers who actually like children & know how to speak to & treat them with respect? The teachers must take direct notes from Ms. Arismendi and now Ms. Diaz the latest principal. I have seen them both totally dismiss parents who have tried to speak with them about their kids. The school has no relationship with parents & needs to take some lessons on how to communicate better with families besides sending home a weekly newsletter.

in regards to the 2013-14 year.There is not enough room here to disclose all the negative, sickening disappointment this JOKE of a school and system really is.. they would be better off closing the place and just let the kids run wild in the streets as they are allowed to do in the classroom . I wished it would let me rate it at NO stars because even one is too much. The administrators are about a joke and would not work for me.. period !! The Faculty spends most of their time with unruly/ problem kids which takes away from teaching (their Jobs) without any support from the administrators in dealing with problem kids ( their job ) . Lunchtime is like watching Wild Kingdom with some of the animals who attend there. very disgusted with IDEA Carver, but a great place for aspiring inmates !!!

Idea Carver is one of the worst schools in SA if not THE worst. My son attended 1st & 2nd grade there in 2012-2014. 1st, children are allowed to bully without any punishment. My son was violently choked, kicked, punched, & slapped in the face - all 4 acts were separate incidents by different bullies! 2nd, kids are allowed to misbehave & disrupt class continuously. The teachers have no support from the administrative or the San Antonio Exective Director Rolando Pasado. I personally spoke with Mr. Pasado about my concerns with the continued disruption & bullying. His response in summary was that it's the teachers' fault if the kids misbehave. Although when the teacher would send a misbehaving or bullying student to the office, nothing would happen. I am aware of a first year teacher who was suppose to be co-teaching & she was put alone to teach. She asked for help from the high school principal ref kids' disruptive behavior, the principal told her if she couldn't handle it on her own then she shouldn't be teaching. 3rd, this school is so unorganized. Minimum communication between the school & parents. 4th, teacher turnover was just heartbreaking. This school is horrible.

This is the 3rd and most likely last year we will have our children at this school. At first, it was great. But it would appear the school has taken on more children than the teacher or facilities can handle. There are too many children per teacher and there is an extremely high rate of teacher turn over. There are almost no teachers left from 3 years ago. Additionally, 700 students are currently sharing 12 bathroom stalls. Its unacceptable. I will definitely be moving my children from this school.

It has been a disappointment having my 3 kids here. One of my kids has a learning disability in reading and is 3 grades below her grade level but I was told that she can t attend tutoring because she s not as low as the other kids. This has greatly affected her self-esteem and now she doesn't even want to go to school. My other daughter on the other hand is 1 years above grade level but the school does nothing to challenge or engage her. The bullying is out of control and she's often teased and called a nerd & teacher's pet because she reads a lot & has manners. Even though she tells the teachers and academic counselor no one does anything. My oldest son is just above grade level but the kids in his overcrowded class are so rude & disruptive that he can barely focus on learning & the teachers can hardly control the behaviors. We have had 4 principals in 2 years and this year alone my son has had 4 different teachers quit! The administration keeps asking families to bear with them until the new building comes and things get better. Even if they have to go to 3 different schools, I have to do whatever it takes so my kids' education doesn't suffer any longer at this zoo!

My nieces were Carver Christian students before this school changed to IDEA. There were less behavior problems & professional, experienced, kind teachers who cared about the students. EVERYTHING is different. Neither of my nieces like school anymore & one has headaches caused by all the chaos & changes at school. From the rude students & rampant bullying to the 5+ teachers who have quit since school started in August. In the past 3 years alone the school has had 4 different principals including the most recent one who says anything to pacify parents. Carver was once a really good school that taught morals & values but has changed into a school that talks a good talk about high expectations & college prep when actually it s the complete opposite! Classes are over-crowded; teachers yell to manage the class, one of my nieces receives extra HW as punishment because of some disruptive kids in her class & my other niece gets minimal to no HW which is hardly ever even graded! The principals have been saying the school is in transition but my sister has finally decided that enough is enough & is putting them in private school. This is a better idea for the success of my nieces!

Excellent Staff, Excellent academics. The best thing about this school is the dedication to actual learning and not a standardized test.

Last modified Idea Carver Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.