No rating

Kipp Un Mundo Dual Language Academ

Charter | K-4 | 246 students

Living in San Antonio

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $155,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $650.

Posted May 8, 2014

I have a child who had a difficult time adjusting. My child has been moved more than once. Kipp is a good school if you have a perfect child. The school leader and front office are great. However, most teachers are young and have limited experience. They haven't acquired the skills needed to discipline a child in a loving manner. I feel they're learning...with my child. Academically, my child is doing well. Progress and report cards are sent home, but a child has to be failing to get conferance time with the teacher. Also, kids are in school about 81/2 hrs. and get 20 min. for lunch and if they are well behaved they earn two 15 min. recess. Otherwise, they don't. They don't encourage kids to wash their hands before eating. My child was often sick for this reason. The first time I brought up the issue I was told there is no time for that. The second time, I was told they'd start doing it. They never did. I believe that Kipp genuinely wants students to succeed, but it needs to start with hiring genuinely good teachers. This year I learned... It doesn't matter what school I enroll my child in. It's the teacher that makes all the difference.

Posted February 5, 2014

My daughter is on grade level with her math and reading as well as her other subjects. The school provides Saturday school for students who need extra support with learning issues. As for attention issues I'm not really sure what is done for these students as my daughter does not fall into this category. As for organization and planning the school is good about getting information to parents through the Newsletter sent home every Monday. It's a bit repetitive at times because obviously some parents need to be told what to do and not to do multiple times. I would however like for my daughters teachers to contact me more about her progress. Yes she gets progress reports as well as report cards, but they really don't elaborate on what she excels at and what she could possibly improve on. I would like more in dept information on how she could improve on the things she needs to improve on from the teacher possibly on a monthly basis.

Posted February 1, 2014

I love Kipp Un Mundo! I was scared at first to put my kindergarten daughter at a charter school due to her background in special education but KIPP is really helping her. We just started about two months ago and my daughter is taking off fast. The teachers are really willing to help her and they all know her by name. The principal Mrs. Lozano is the best also and really shows an interest in her students. My daughter really loves her new school and so do I. Thanks KIPP Un Munro!

Posted June 27, 2013

I have a background in educational training so I really know what a good education looks like. KIPP Un Mundo is one of the greatest things I have ever done for my 5 year old. He was reading already before he came in, but they met him at his level, and prepared personalized work for him. The principal is one of the best I have ever seen anywhere. People would pay big bucks to send their children to a school like this, and its FREE. Its pretty amazing. I they are new, and had a great start, but I am always keeping my eyes open, and they are open to improvement-- which is one of the best things I could ever ask for.

Posted January 8, 2013

I absolutely LOVE this school. The teachers & staff are wonderful. This is the first year Kipp San Antonio serves Kinder, and I have no complaints. The children are being taught great values and respect. Yes, the hours are long and we do have Saturday school, but we have the hardest working KinderKids in SAN ANTONIO. My 5 year old reads, writes, and speaks both English & Spanish. This is TRUE Dual Language, not a "bi-lingual" school. My experience with "bi-lingual" in public school was terrible. My child was being taught 90% in spanish and only 10% in English. Here at KIpp Un Mundo the days consist of 50% English, and 50% Spanish. The school Leader is wonderful, and she is one of the reasons I love to send my child to school. She knows all of our kids by name. Here your child will be who they are not just another kid. Mrs. Lozano is the heart of Kipp Un Mundo, and one of the reasons I would never leave. If i was offered a scholarship to a private school for my child I WOULD NOT LEAVE KIPP UN MUNDO! Kipp Un Mundo es una muy buena escuela y es la mejor escuela que le puede ofrecer a su hijo/a para su futuro! Questions about our school from a parents point of view email me. :)

American Indian/Alaska Native N/A 0%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Limited English proficient (LEP) 42%N/A17%
Source: TX Education Agency, 2013-2014

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

103 Tuleta Drive