Kipp Un Mundo Dual Language Academ 4

Posted May 08, 2014
I have a child who had a difficult time adjusting. My child has been moved more than once. Kipp is a good school if you have a perfect child. The school leader and front office are great. However, most teachers are young and have limited experience. They haven't acquired the skills needed to discipline a child in a loving manner. I feel they're learning...with my child. Academically, my child is doing well. Progress and report cards are sent home, but a child has to be failing to get conferance time with the teacher. Also, kids are in school about 81/2 hrs. and get 20 min. for lunch and if they are well behaved they earn two 15 min. recess. Otherwise, they don't. They don't encourage kids to wash their hands before eating. My child was often sick for this reason. The first time I brought up the issue I was told there is no time for that. The second time, I was told they'd start doing it. They never did. I believe that Kipp genuinely wants students to succeed, but it needs to start with hiring genuinely good teachers. This year I learned... It doesn't matter what school I enroll my child in. It's the teacher that makes all the difference.

Posted February 01, 2014
I love Kipp Un Mundo! I was scared at first to put my kindergarten daughter at a charter school due to her background in special education but KIPP is really helping her. We just started about two months ago and my daughter is taking off fast. The teachers are really willing to help her and they all know her by name. The principal Mrs. Lozano is the best also and really shows an interest in her students. My daughter really loves her new school and so do I. Thanks KIPP Un Munro!

Posted June 27, 2013
I have a background in educational training so I really know what a good education looks like. KIPP Un Mundo is one of the greatest things I have ever done for my 5 year old. He was reading already before he came in, but they met him at his level, and prepared personalized work for him. The principal is one of the best I have ever seen anywhere. People would pay big bucks to send their children to a school like this, and its FREE. Its pretty amazing. I they are new, and had a great start, but I am always keeping my eyes open, and they are open to improvement-- which is one of the best things I could ever ask for.

Posted January 08, 2013
I absolutely LOVE this school. The teachers & staff are wonderful. This is the first year Kipp San Antonio serves Kinder, and I have no complaints. The children are being taught great values and respect. Yes, the hours are long and we do have Saturday school, but we have the hardest working KinderKids in SAN ANTONIO. My 5 year old reads, writes, and speaks both English & Spanish. This is TRUE Dual Language, not a "bi-lingual" school. My experience with "bi-lingual" in public school was terrible. My child was being taught 90% in spanish and only 10% in English. Here at KIpp Un Mundo the days consist of 50% English, and 50% Spanish. The school Leader is wonderful, and she is one of the reasons I love to send my child to school. She knows all of our kids by name. Here your child will be who they are not just another kid. Mrs. Lozano is the heart of Kipp Un Mundo, and one of the reasons I would never leave. If i was offered a scholarship to a private school for my child I WOULD NOT LEAVE KIPP UN MUNDO! Kipp Un Mundo es una muy buena escuela y es la mejor escuela que le puede ofrecer a su hijo/a para su futuro! Questions about our school from a parents point of view email me. :)

Kipp Un Mundo Dual Language Academ
103 Tuleta Drive, San Antonio, TX  78212
Last modified Kipp Un Mundo Dual Language Academ is a Charter school that serves grades K-4
Kipp Un Mundo Dual Language Academ Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top